Unmodified Leadership / Spirit Leech

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

toots
Beastmaster

Unmodified Leadership / Spirit Leech

Post by toots »

Hi,

how is unmodified leadership played in tournaments re spirit leech? FAQ 1.6 states that it's the highest LD in the unit, but there's an argument for it being the LD of the model because it says 'unless stated otherwise'.

any ideas, folks? i want that LD8 chaos sorcerer DEAD! !mad!
Mikael.k
Black Guard

Re: Unmodified Leadership / Spirit Leech

Post by Mikael.k »

The way we play, its highest Ld in the unit without modifiers. So, no banner of discipline or doom & darkness for instance.
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

The way LD in units work: having e.g. a dreadlord (LD10) in a unit of spearmen (LD8 naturally) does not modify the LD of the spearmen. It replaces the LD of the spearmen, so that as long as the dreadlord is in the unit, every model essentially has LD10.

The generals inspiring presence works the same way. If the dreadlord is the general, and stands within 12" (18" if large) of the spearmen, once again their LD value is replaced with the LD10 of the general.

In short: You use the generals leadership if you can. But no modifiers whatsoever. No banner of discipline, no strength in numbers (skaven), no LD banner, no doom and darkness, no nothing.

For example, a chaos sorcerer lord who is also the army general is stuck with his LD8 no matter what, for the purpose of spirit leech. If, however, that chaos army has a chaos lord with LD9 leading it, and he is within range, then you roll against LD9 for spirit leech.
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Mikael.k
Black Guard

Post by Mikael.k »

Thranduil put it way better than I did! :D