SPRING SHORT STORY -- VOTE NOW!

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Your Favourite Beastmaster's Tale?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:30 pm

T.D.'s Tale
12%
Calisson's Tale
24%
Haagrum's Tale
24%
Makiwara's Tale
24%
Aicanor's Tale
18%

Total votes: 17

T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

SPRING SHORT STORY -- VOTE NOW!

Post by T.D. »

The night has ended, the tavern locked and the denizens set off on winding paths home ...hoping not to have their inebriation taken advantage of by skulking Harpies, renegade Assassins or even an off-duty Witch Elf!

Read Stories Here --> Beastmaster's Tales

Vote now for your favourite stories!

Competition entrants please nominate your top 3.

Poll closes in 7 days time.

It only takes a few minutes to read, vote and thank the entrants for their effort!
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Aicanor
Corsair

Re: SPRING SHORT STORY -- VOTE NOW!

Post by Aicanor »

I want to say I like all your stories very much, it was a close call.

1) Calisson (+3)
None of them wants to become an entomologist after all? He hee…

2) T.D. (+2)
This one is classic of course, although I suspect lord Percy survives somehow to claim the victory in the end. Ether that, or everything goes up in bubbles.

3) Haagrum (+1)
I wonder whether the deep frozen bird could work as well as the Chillblade in catching Kharybdysses? (It may happen I shall soon need one :))

Makiwara
What were they betrayed for? Money or shrooms? The story would be even more thrilling if the Wood Elves didn't outclass the prey so much.

Aicanor
I like my own story of course, but I suspect it is partly because those things not written down than what I squeezed in. :)
Last edited by Aicanor on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Great Competition All!

@Calisson

If this Competition took into consideration your Beastmaster comics, then you'd be out in front of us all. An unparalleled D.net vein of creativity :o

As it is, I LOL'ed:

Calisson wrote:Shroom

!lol!

@Haagrum

Exceptional plotting as usual.

Haagrum wrote:3. The fluff for the Anointed suggests that, much like the Phoenix Guard, they know everything that is going to happen to them, including how and when they are going to die. Stop for a minute and think about what that means when the Anointed is taken alive, tortured into a broken mess, and finally handed to a druchii overlord...

Loved the inclusion of the frozen chicken ...and the captured Anointed was the cherry on the cake !lol!

@Makiwara

Makiwara wrote:some Dol Ullyrion character

...and who could that be? :P

Really immersive story, very sharply written :D

Cool conversion to boot!

@Aicanor

Another immersive story -- a great traveller's tale!

I enjoyed all the entries, and I'm only picking a top three because of Competition Rules:
1. Haagrum +3
2. Makiwara +2
3. Aicanor +1
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Ah, true, as a writer I'm entitled to post some bonus.
Most enjoyable and surprising story was Makiwara's, a true hunter story if any => +3pts - just please next time, do not play too much with Druchii's nerves, wouldn't you mind?
I'd like to provide +2pts to T.D. story, loved the humor of the characters.
Then +1pt to Haagrum, excellent use of HE fluff.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Makiwara
Shade

Post by Makiwara »

Aicanor wrote:Makiwara
What were they betrayed for? Money or shrooms? The story would be even more thrilling if the Wood Elves didn't outclass the prey so much.

Money, they took money, we asrai have money I'll have you know; who's saying we don't have money! Pure Asur bias and propaganda! :lol:
If the druchii also took some psychedelics that's none of my business. !lol!

Of course the waywatchers outclassed their prey; they're waywatchers! In all seriousness, as serious as I ever get at least, it's a hunting story, if it was more even between predator and prey it wouldn't be hunting, it'd be fighting! !lol!

T.D. wrote:@Makiwara

Makiwara wrote:some Dol Ullyrion character

...and who could that be? :P

Really immersive story, very sharply written :D

Cool conversion to boot!

Why thank you sir; I knew I had to find a dreadlord brazen enough to flaunt the laws of Malekith rather openly, that name just seemed to stand out! ;)

Got to add another greenstuff layer to the lion head and cloak and then get thinking of a name for the new beastmaster and then some gribblies for him to handle. He might be the start of a little menagerie for Belac Agaith.

Calisson wrote:Most enjoyable and surprising story was Makiwara's, a true hunter story if any just please next time, do not play too much with Druchii's nerves, wouldn't you mind?

I'll try my best; Druchii just happen to be the most challenging target! Every hunter wants a challenging hunt, that's why we hunt deer instead of cattle! My story would have been over in 200 words if they were stalking halfings, or beastmen or Brets or Dwarves... 400 tops for Asur :D It's a compliment to the Druchii I swear!

My votes are for +3 for Calisson because his story made me giggle like a schoolgirl to the point that my wife asked me what I was looking at.
+2 for T.D. for a gloriously funny look at internal politics and hunting hand in hand Druchii style; and the banter, love the banter.
My +1 goes to Haagrum, a wonderfully concise stand alone piece considering the size we were all constrained by, excellently written as always and a great twist at the end.

I really like Aicanor's story too, I've been around enough firesides to enjoy hearing the difference between people's boasting and their hunting, it translated well to your Chracian hunters, very nice.
For us, there is no longer the druchii, the asur and the asrai; now there are only the Asdra; The Laughing Ones.

For us The Season of Doom is ended, now The Season of Opportunity is begun.
Aicanor
Corsair

Post by Aicanor »

Makiwara wrote:Money, they took money, we asrai have money I'll have you know; who's saying we don't have money! Pure Asur bias and propaganda! :lol:
Actually, Asrai are the only ones to have money these days. Not counting the gold lying on the ocean bed to bedazzle fish.

Makiwara wrote:Of course the waywatchers outclassed their prey; they're waywatchers! In all seriousness, as serious as I ever get at least, it's a hunting story, if it was more even between predator and prey it wouldn't be hunting, it'd be fighting! !lol!
True, and I like the way you introduced the Forest Dragon. There is talk of no more dragons in Newhammer, but I hope it is a misunderstanding. And yes, nice catch! ;)

You went to hunt the hunters, I for the bait being the hunter as well. I guess you didn't hear from Mr. Ice Serpent for the last time. :mrgreen:

Never underestimate the Halflings! They have cake.
Makiwara
Shade

Post by Makiwara »

And now I'm going to have to write a story about a halfing cook coming to Athel Loren....
For us, there is no longer the druchii, the asur and the asrai; now there are only the Asdra; The Laughing Ones.

T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

DRUM ROLL....

The Winner is...

Calisson

& Haagrum

We have a tie! :mrgreen:

So the King of the Beastmasters is a joint title. Please do not kill each other while attempting to reign pre-eminently :P

Aicanor, takes the one month forfeit of Pen Cleaning :sick: (Not actually a bad outcome for an Asur in Naggaroth!)

Thanks to all entrants for a field of quality Druchii (and Asur, and Asrai) themed fun
8)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

How unexpected? I tried to write a fun story, not a brilliant one.
Anyway, I'm happy being a corsair forever. Let Haagrum claim the title.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Makiwara
Shade

Post by Makiwara »

A tie, isn't that rather undruchiilike? Shouldn't Calisson and Haagrum shank it out for the number one position while someone else plots to murder the victor when he's good and wounded? That seems more in character!

!lol!

Aicanor
Corsair

Post by Aicanor »

Oh, well. I will survive that I guess. Just do not expect me to post here this month. Wounded pride and all that... :lol:

But of course, congratulationss to the winner(s)! It was great fun.