Noxious Breath Range unlimited?

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Noxious Breath Range unlimited?

Post by Daeron »

Personally... I would find it more confusing to add what Dalamar said. Perhaps it's subjective after all? hm?

Perhaps it should have been written as:
"First shalt assign the Holy Flame Breath to a target unit. Then shalt thou measure to six inches from the dragon, no more, no less. Six inches shall be the distance thou shalt count, and the number of the distance shall be six inches. Seven inches shalt thou not measure, neither measure thou five, excepting that thou then proceed to six inches. Eight inches is right out. Once the distance of six inches, being the sixth inch, be reached, then lobbest thou thy dice of Antioch towards thy enemy models, who, being within the distance of 6 inches and naughty in My sight, shall snuff it on the roll value of 6."
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Indeed, this has been a long proven way to measure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk :D

Some people just cannot count:
Geek: 0, 1, 10, 11, 100, 101...
Military: 1! 2... 1! 2... 1! 2... I want to see only one head!
Musician: one! two! one, two, three, four!

Only long time gamers know how to count that far.
- 1, 2, 3... :?
- yeah, that's good, proceed on!
- 4, 5?... :|
- sure, finish it!
- 6, 7, 8! :)
- yes, you made it!
- 9, 10, jack, queen, king! :D
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

"First shalt assign the Holy Flame Breath to a target unit. Then shalt thou measure to six inches from the dragon, no more, no less. Six inches shall be the distance thou shalt count, and the number of the distance shall be six inches. Seven inches shalt thou not measure, neither measure thou five, excepting that thou then proceed to six inches. Eight inches is right out. Once the distance of six inches, being the sixth inch, be reached, then lobbest thou thy dice of Antioch towards thy enemy models, who, being within the distance of 6 inches and naughty in My sight, shall snuff it on the roll value of 6."
Much better :D
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Lord hajjij
Rotting skull on the Glottkin trail

Post by Lord hajjij »

If you're ever lawyering rules in AoS you're doing it very wrong. The game is actually a blast.
So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak.

-Sun Tzu
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

Daeron wrote:Personally... I would find it more confusing to add what Dalamar said. Perhaps it's subjective after all? hm?

Amen!!
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Post by Haagrum »

Lord hajjij wrote:If you're ever lawyering rules in AoS you're doing it very wrong. The game is actually a blast.

So much this.

AoS is not intended for a hardcore competitive environment. Its rules appear to have been written for a playing experience that does not encourage rules lawyering or That Guy-style behaviour. If you are trying to interpret a rule to gain an advantage in a game, and that interpretation is contestable at best, your opponent is unlikely to have much fun playing against you.

That said, the rules would be vastly improved by being drafted in the manner suggested by Daeron.
"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
Cailil
Executioner

Post by Cailil »

Red... wrote:And yet it would have been so easy to catch and fix, as Dalamar's suggested revision did so fluidly.

Great but you're completely wrong. Dalamar's suggested revision means precisely the opposite of what he intended to mean, and what you seem to think it means. There is little wrong with the GW line (it aint perfect but it aint this bad either). This thread has become the definition of :badh:

Lord hajjij wrote:If you're ever lawyering rules in AoS you're doing it very wrong.

Exactly AoS just isn't "that game" anymore.