Exile Unit Cards Project

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Killingblowtotheface
Trainee Warrior

Exile Unit Cards Project

Post by Killingblowtotheface »

Age of Sigmar Unit Card Project

Hi folks. Was bored one lunch time last week and kicked off a small project to make Unit Cards for my Dark Elves to make it easier for quick referencing.

You can find and download them here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6lfX8OtbJpLfjg4RHVuZmVhOHFEZEFTR0l0Qzg0YXNzU2xZbEtIcExJUU1lVENTOGpDUHc

You can also find the blank template file here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6lfX8OtbJpLflNEbnJCa2xEZVZQS1N6SmlyVThwRUFrUThKSnlIY2VnR0JTVGd0NXVIT2s

These should fit around Magic of the Gathering cards and in Sleeves of the same size.

Feel free to use them how you see fit. I've found them easy to use.

Hope you like them.

Steve

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Exile Unit Cards Project

Post by Daeron »

Nice work! I'll be going for a slightly different format myself, but this is well done.

I'm considering making cards / tokens for the various abilities, in particular those played during the hero phase that have a lasting effect: spells, command abilities and the ton of hero phase abilities we are given.
Do you have any project for these as well?
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Great work indeed.

For remaining wounds, I would have considered a scale on one side of the card. A paperclip would be used to slide and indicate how many wounds are remaining.

Cards for terrain might be useful as well, but that's not specific to Exiles.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

For wounds suffered, I'd recommend a currency system with a good prime number spread (including 1):
- 1, 2, 5 Wounds
- 1, 3, 7 Wounds
That should work for most models and units with few tokens. The latter would need more 1's but the former would need more swapping :)
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Daeron wrote:For wounds suffered, I'd recommend a currency system with a good prime number spread (including 1):
- 1, 2, 5 Wounds
- 1, 3, 7 Wounds
That should work for most models and units with few tokens. The latter would need more 1's but the former would need more swapping :)
:o_O:
Care to elaborate?
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Hm?
We have models with up to 10-12 wounds, so it would take quite a number of tokens if we'd keep track of the number of wounds a model suffered with a token per wound. I don't like the dice system (gets confusing, easy to roll when displaced, blabla)
So I'd make 3 tokens with different values, could be cards like paper money, to keep track of the wounds suffered.

- The stiff breeze
reynakzhen
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by reynakzhen »

Very nice!, I found an error, on the bleakswords card you have the spear profile.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Alright, the concept of token is understood.

What I suggested is something I experienced in the past for other games.
On the side of the sheet of paper describing a unit, draw a scale, from 1 to max wounds.
During the game, a paperclip is clipped to the paper (duh!) so that it circles around the current wound.
No extra token, the clip is associated to the appropriate warscroll, it can easliy slide up or down as the wounds go (and heal).
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Yeah, that's a very neat trick to add to the cards, Calisson :)
I'm going to try to make a mini booklet for my warscrolls... Hmm. But being able to filter down to the units I have brought does seem handy. Hm! I'll just paint some while I ponder on it.

- The stiff breeze