Female Black Guard ideas

Discuss the art of war for the Dark Elves and the inferior races that dare to oppose them here.

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

gutpaunch
Trainee Warrior

Female Black Guard ideas

Post by gutpaunch »

Hi all,

I am trying to create an all female druchii army and I need inspiration on how to create female Black Guard fugures.

So far I have made:

Witch Elves...easy
Sisters of Slaughter...easy
Executioners
Dark Shards
Dark Riders

But it is the Black Guard and Doomfire Warlocks I am struggling for ideas for.
Any and all suggestions would be very much welcomed

Thanks
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Female Black Guard ideas

Post by Daeron »

You could simply give them female heads. Either from Sisters of Slaughter or Witch Elves... Or some conversion bits like these:
http://thedicebaglady.net/heroic-scale- ... eads-x-10/
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
gutpaunch
Trainee Warrior

Post by gutpaunch »

Thanks for that but the heads are not the problem.
I am trying for a more female torso than the BG have.
I have used the female DE Wych torsos on my Blackshards and Black Riders but that is an expensive solution for a large unit 20+
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Lion of Flanders did some great conversions with the old models

more here http://s879.photobucket.com/user/Lion-of-Flanders/library/Dark%20Elves?sort=3&page=5

Like Aeron said a simple head swap would be the way to go. Possible a bit of green stuff on the chest plates for a bit of dimension.
gutpaunch
Trainee Warrior

Post by gutpaunch »

Those models are stunning.
I will have to see what I can do to try to replicate that look.
Thanks
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Gamezone has some awesome female models that look like Blackguard and might do the trick: http://www.gamezoneminiatures.com/tiend ... resin.html

From the front, with cleavage supporting armour visible:

You can see their long hair coming out of their helmets at the back:
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

Or the new Raging Heroes Kickstarter, they are doing an all-female and really awesome army. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lo ... d-darkness
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
gutpaunch
Trainee Warrior

Post by gutpaunch »

Thanks for the suggestion of the alternative miniatures guys.
Has anyone actually used the Gamezone models?
What is the quality of the model like?
They look like they could be an interesting model to fill the gap while I make Black Guard using the old metal GW models as in Lion of Flanders pics.....which will be a lengthy, time consuming and expensive project, but worth it.

Thanks again
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Yes and no.

I purchased some metal ones a few years ago. They were really nice. I had requested females, but they sent males by accident. When I queried, they very kindly offered to replace them, but I demurred. The quality of the models was very good, although the bases are slightly different to the GW ones, so you either have to accept that or supply your own (not very expensive to buy packs of 20mm black bases via ebay or your local games store). I have not tried the resin versions, but have no reason to believe they are not just as good.

I actually purchased mine in the belief that I would make them into spearmen, only to discover that they looked far more Blackguard like than the images suggested.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vulcan »

I've got a couple of the metal ones as well and they look quite good. The molds were excellent with practically no flash as well.

The only issue is you really can't mix them in with GW Black Guard. The aesthetic is WAY different. But as their own unit they work just fine.