Raging Heroes Kickstarter is open! Caution NSFW

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Re: Raging Heroes Kickstarter is open!

Post by Shadowspite »

Very nice. I think the blood vestals are too ornate to really work as regular witches, but they'd make fine hags, death hags or cauldron guardians. The flesh eaters are awesome - they will make fine Slaanesh cultists. The vestal riders would make good female warlocks, but I agree with Saintofm about the high heels.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Would Lion of Flanders have influenced stilettos?
He won a RH painting competition some 2-3 years ago.

I really like the last 2 series.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

I will just leave some Harpies here...

Zs95bdO.jpg

oK4SyUF.jpg
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Woah - those look so sweet Ambo - I wish I had more $$$
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Amboadine wrote:I will just leave some Harpies here...

Zs95bdO.jpg

oK4SyUF.jpg

I think I speak for everyone when I say:

[+] SPOILER
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

Post by Lion of flanders »

I just upped my pledge amount because I could not do otherwise. The stuff is just that cool. Yes, the ears are big, I have lobbied RH for reasonableness in this area to limited success. Taken as a package, these figures are simply beautiful and I can live with big ears.

As for the nudity, I think it's done beautifully. Writing as one who has spent a lot of time over the years adding breasts (naked and armored) to figures, I think it's wonderful that we have it done for us so perfectly and tastefully. As for stiletto heels...the bigger the better. It's fantasy folks...none of it is meant to be a simulation of reality. If we can accept half naked chicks in hand to hand combat (and surviving to fight again....and still be hot :D ) we can accept big high heels. Prince (may he rest in peace) was famous for tearing up the basketball court wearing huge heels....fantasy chicks that live in a world of magic and monsters should be able to do the same.

I am simply loving every moment of this process...
That's silly! Playin with little statues, pretendin' they're fightin'! Why not just round up a bunch of real goblins and lettem' whack it out?
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

I just real8zed something. We have heros and beastmasters, spear elves. Bow elves, sword elves, witch elves, harpies, knights, chariots, executions, black guard, and some other stuff that we ill have to incorporate into our armies.

But where are the corsairs?
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

Saintofm wrote:I just real8zed something. We have heros and beastmasters, spear elves. Bow elves, sword elves, witch elves, harpies, knights, chariots, executions, black guard, and some other stuff that we ill have to incorporate into our armies.

Good point...I was hoping that RH would make some awesome girl corsairs. That's one thing I don't have.
That's silly! Playin with little statues, pretendin' they're fightin'! Why not just round up a bunch of real goblins and lettem' whack it out?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

I was ondering, Lion, since you won your prize with RH, do you work in any way with them?
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Lion of flanders wrote:
Saintofm wrote:I just real8zed something. We have heros and beastmasters, spear elves. Bow elves, sword elves, witch elves, harpies, knights, chariots, executions, black guard, and some other stuff that we ill have to incorporate into our armies.

Good point...I was hoping that RH would make some awesome girl corsairs. That's one thing I don't have.

I know! They are there in the Expanded universe, but unless you are dressed for the Conan the Barbarian Convention or two edition ago versions of crossbowmen and Spearmen, its got more menfolk in it then a Space Marine Chapter.

This and if there a group of female warriors that needs to be hellbent for leather and draped in the hides of dragons and other reptilian monsters, its these babes.
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

great, the list grows.

pegasus, female black guards and now i want those freaky looking sisters of slaugther as well.
Dammit, time to start saving up!
Nec spe, nec metu

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Damn it you are right, no Corsairs. I hadn't even realised.
Nothing in the concept art either, so not expected either.
Might need to find some decent cloak conversion kits and add them to he crossbows and the Swordwomen (final renders yet to be posted)
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Another day, another update.

For those that like a little Slaaneshi in their army. This should be a pretty good Keeper of Secrets.

Or maybe some slaves?

Almost done now, just the below remaining

Troops:

10 Long Swords Regular Troopers - Command Group and Troops
Male Elves Bits (Not sure how these will work with all the high heels, but hey, a little cross dressing within the Elven race is probably not unexpected)

Monsters and Machines:

Draahk Chariot with Horses - (Beastmaster chariot)
Altar of the Succubi - (Cauldron of Blood)
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

I just can not get over the detail in these miniatures - they are truly beautiful to behold. Far superior to any GW sculpts I have seen. They are really pushing the boundaries with their designs - I would have to say that out of all the miniatures I have seen they would be the best!!

Also the rate at which they are churning them out - good things to come for this company.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Cultofkhaine wrote:
Also the rate at which they are churning them out - good things to come for this company.

Well, they are currently running pretty late, but I think the timings were always a little ambitious. There are plenty of other models that I haven't shown. They are basically launching 6 armies simultaneously.

If you get a chance check out the kickstarter link Here to see some of the other non fantasy Elf related. The fantasy female battle nuns line is pretty cool too.
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

This thread needs NSFW tags... :shock: :shock:
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Jolemai wrote:This thread needs NSFW tags... :shock: :shock:

Fair point :D

I have changed the title.
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Raging Heroes Kickstarter is open! Caution NSFW

Post by Saintofm »

I was wondering when the slaver wS comong out. She was one of the first concept art peices i saw.

I have to agree with the coment on the level of detail. This is worth the price tag.
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

Calisson wrote:I was ondering, Lion, since you won your prize with RH, do you work in any way with them?

Other than make some suggestions about ears and a few other things and let them know that I'd love to paint some stuff for them, I haven't had any contact. I'm just a big fan of what these folks are doing....it's so unique and provocative.

Also, I've never liked any Keeper of Secrets models, but the Avatar of Shaah is just awesome. I think I'd be initimidated painting the thing... :shock:
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

I've been look at the patrion, and shame on you for not showing these.

I know there are more Dark Eldar then Dark elf but youve been showng Warriors of Slannesh type stuff so I think I can show this.

1. Hunters. I think I might just get a couple of these simply because of one of or two of the unarmored faces having this smug sense of superiority to them. If that is not Exile, nothing is.

2. Well, its been a while since we had a true lovecraftian horror. I think this is more for a Dark Eldar humonculus, but I can also see this for Cult of Slannesh, or at least a stature for a terain peice. Either way, the one set of tenticles look like they were made by Gaiger and the other after a few nights of colomary. Either way it is both beautiful and terrifying.
ImageImage

Also: Female Space Marines, By the Emperor Yes!
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Yes, there are a whole lot more I could have posted. I am so tempted by the Sisters as a Fantasy army, but I must remain strong and stay with the Dark side.
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

Amboadine wrote:I am so tempted by the Sisters as a Fantasy army, but I must remain strong and stay with the Dark side.

Nothing says they have to be fielded as good girls. They'd make great Chaos cultists IMO.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

@Amboadine: Agreed, but there is enough convertion work with Drk Eldar and Dark Elves a quick look at the core troops for the scifi woulnd't have hurt.

Same goes with Yscarloth which could easily be a chaos sorcerer or Cultist of Slannesh, or painted too look like a granit or marble sculpture for a terrain piece.

That and the blademaiden holding the demon head would be perfect for a Sisters of SLaughter champion, or a barbarian charecter of some sort.
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

Mierce Miniatures have a newish pleasure demon worth checking out too:

http://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_blg_bnb_mon_033_000

Also, a DE lord on dragon, in case you missed him ;) :

http://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_blg_bnl_cha_052_000
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

Darkmark wrote:Mierce Miniatures have a newish pleasure demon worth checking out too:

http://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_blg_bnb_mon_033_000

Also, a DE lord on dragon, in case you missed him ;) :

http://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_blg_bnl_cha_052_000

Yes, Mierce has a whole bunch of really great stuff. I'd advise everyone to check them out if you haven't already. Rob Lane is one of the principals and he is a really creative and imaginative fellow, and a nice guy to play a game against as well.

Now that GW has abandoned me, I have turned my eyes wide for other creative makers of figures to give my money to. There are many folks out there that are making really neat stuff.