Legions of the eternity king in 6mm

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Lord Marcus
Slave (off the Altar)

Legions of the eternity king in 6mm

Post by Lord Marcus »

Greetings fellow elves.

I normally play salamanders (lizardmen) in 28mm kings of war.

Last week I found a fan made edit to play kings of war in smaller scales. Having always wanted to get into 6mm I jumped at the excuse.

I currently have something between 300-400 elf Miniatures flying to me from the UK. Once they are here I will start this blog in earnest. I will be using these to play elves in kings of war

In transit:

6mm high elf army - irregular Miniatures
6mm elven spearmen - baccus 6mm

I will also do reviews of each and every 6mm kit I buy. They will also be posted here.
Lord Marcus
Slave (off the Altar)

Re: Legions of the eternity king in 6mm

Post by Lord Marcus »

Greetings all, and welcome to my review of the irregular 6mm high elf army pack. I'm going to break down this quick review down into 3 parts; namely value, quality, and details, with a final note on my personal feelings.

1. Value:

Right away the value is there in this set. I got $18.2 gbp worth of elves for $16 gbp. While not a massive sum, it does add up.

Furthermore, the shipping only took 7 days total to make it from England. That's crazy fast for across the sea.

2. Quality: I'm not going to lie, the cast quality on these dudes is median, although that might be down to extremely small detail being hard to work with. I personally think it provides a challenge.

Very few figures have flash, and even that is easy to remove. I had one issue quality wise and that was an errant hair stuck in a stand of cavalry.

Other than these two, things are fairly quickly getting back to normal.

3. The casting quality and drive to be motivated in what you find fun.

Personal notes:

I like them, I'm going to experiment with irregular Miniatures other fantsy stuff to see if I can find light cav, war machines, and others. I really like the archers, and wish there were spearmen instead of sword and shield.

Pictures:

6mm arrives https://imgur.com/gallery/RYU6S
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Re: Legions of the eternity king in 6mm

Post by cultofkhaine »

Crikey - they are really small!

Welcome to the forum, I look forward to seeing what you do with them.