2400 pts army for tournament

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Razkafari
Slave on the Altar

2400 pts army for tournament

Post by Razkafari »

Hi, i am going to a tournament with 10 total players. Races are Empire, Lizardmen, all elves, dwarfs and beastmen.

I have made the following list but would like to hear your inputs on it.

Lord:
Moriathi 375pts

Heroes:
Sorceress; Dispel scroll, channeling staff 120pts

Death hag; BSB, Cauldron of blood, Razor standard 385pts

Core:

40 Witch elves; Banner of swiftness, Full command 485pts

10 Darkshards 120pts

Special:

4 Repeater BT 280pts

War Hydra; Fiery Breath 180pts

Cold one Chariot 110pts

Cold one Chariot 110pts

6 shades; GW 108pts

Rare:

5 Doomfire warlocks 125pts

Total: 2398
Nostromo
Cold One Knight

Re: 2400 pts army for tournament

Post by Nostromo »

Looks solid enough as a concept but the list requires some tweaking as I can spot a couple of errors.

First off, wizards are only permitted one Arcane item each. Therefore you will have to lose either the Dispel Scroll or Channeling Staff.

Cold One Chariots are actually 115 pts from memory, so with the list below you would be 2008 points.

The easy fix would be dropping the Channelling Staff - this would put you at 2193.

What lore would you pick for your support sorceress? Are you planning to put her in the Darkshard unit?

Would be interested to hear your thoughts behind the unit choices and how you intend to use them.
Razkafari
Slave on the Altar

Re: 2400 pts army for tournament

Post by Razkafari »

Thanks for the answer. Was thinking that support caster slso be dark and in the darkshard, and letting Mpriathi choose between her 3 lores depending on opponent.

Letting the center consist of witches snd Hydra supported by darlshards. One flank hold up by chariots and the other by doomfire warlocks, either side supported by Moriathis magic. The center moving forward fast, therefor banner of swiftness, and quickly close the gap to the opponent.