Board is back - my appologies

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Board is back - my appologies

Post by Daeron »

Greetings,

the board was down for an extended time. The root cause isn't entirely clear. I suspect the host had done a migration in the back, since the server names and all were changed. I think part of the server couldn't get the config and data it needed and "disabled" the board. A reboot seems to have fixed the issue. what's puzzling is that it seems to have affected Dnet more than Ulthuan, which run on the same config and server.

My appologies for not fixing it sooner. My life was quite busy, and I seem to experience time lapses in my todo lists!
I still need to upgrade the forum software, which I'll try to achieve as soon as my schedule offers an opening.

Daeron
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Board is back - my appologies

Post by Daeron »

Right, the problem kept plagueing the board repeatedly, in spite of some changes. The root cause was discovered: a security setting was limiting the number of sessions available. We seem to have a high number of guest visits, eating up sessions. I'm guessing these are mostly crawlers, search engines or bots. I have relaxed the security measures, so the board should work fine again.

I'll keep a closer eye on the site for the next few days, to see if these guest visits keep the bandwidth and load on the server reasonable.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Thank you Daeron for keeping the old board up and still working.
Indeed, in the last month, half of the time, the site showed "maintenance" and couldn't be logged.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I should have fixed some cookie issues - if you have trouble logging in or keeping your login status, try removing all cookies for this site and log in again. That should fix it.

- The stiff breeze
Brad
Executioner

Post by Brad »

I was just about to ask about that exact problem lol. Removing cookies seems to have fixed it.
Cthelthmoore
Trainee Warrior

Post by Cthelthmoore »

Cheers for the fix!