Whats Archaon going after Middenhiem for?

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Robertokious
Highborn

Whats Archaon going after Middenhiem for?

Post by Robertokious »

Hi

ok, this is my stupid question for the day, as it seems I have been living under a very big rock... What is it that Archaon wants in Middenheim exactly? I heard something about a flame and if he steps into it he becomes a god.:shock: Also heard if he destroys the flame then bye bye Ulric.. He can destroy a god? Ne wayz, imma moron, so if someone could clear this up for me it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Curufin
Trainee Warrior

Post by Curufin »

He wishes to go into the flames of Ulric(or what they were called), and with the help of the dark gods of Chaos, extinguish(sp?) the flames, so as to cover the world in eternal winter, and extract his revenge on Sigmar by destroying his god(or the one he followed when he lived), which would destroy Ulrik, and ruining the legacy of Sigmar, thus throwing the Empire into disorder, and therefor let Archaon usher in the End Times.

Pretty much taken from the SoC book.
Last edited by Curufin on Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex c
Resident Beastmaster

Post by Alex c »

Look out for the upcoming SoC, Archaon-only Magic Item: "Daemonic Uber-Fire Extinguisher of Chilling Eternal Damnation and Doom"
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
- Albert Einstein.
Heh
Noble
Location: TRYING to finish painting all the minis that I have....

Post by Heh »

hmmm......well that seems pretty serious esp so if empire loses middenheim....
sounds like WHFB world may be coming to an end if that happens....so do u really think GW is gonna let that happen????? :?
Aachil lathanast
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Aachil lathanast »

By stepping in to the sacred flames of Ulric and with that desecrating his temple he will steal some of his power ( with the help of dark gods ) and in this way becoming a god himself.
Weak perish so that the strong can live. It is the law of nature. It is the law of the Druchii.
Indraugnir
Executioner

Post by Indraugnir »

My understanding was that Archaon wants to destroy Middenheim because it is a major bastion of the Empire and its destruction would leave them with a glaring weak point the next time he feels like attacking.
I am driven to the depths of rage and at the bottom I shall find a void, where I will wander for eternity.
Alkanoon
Black Guard

Post by Alkanoon »

of what i know he will step into the flame of Ulric (or what ist called) and becuse his body and sprit is pure chaos energy it will extinguish...
The highest driach-master
Executioner

Post by The highest driach-master »

they all should die by our swords:D
Europian Union = United Executioners = First Union of a great men
Mielkith
Assassin

Post by Mielkith »

extract his revenge on Sigmar by destroying his god(or the one he followed when he lived),

I thought only the Teutogen tribe worshipped Ulric in the time of Sigmar, or did it spread as soon as they joined with Sigmar?
That flame was put there by Ulric when he bashed in the top of the mountain to make room for his temple, if it ever went out there would be an eternal winter. Not sure how Ulric would die, but apparantly e would. This then ushers in the End Times, while the poeple of the Empire are slowly converted to worshipping the Chaos god when they think Ulric has deserted them. Of course he could be wrong and burnt to death instead.
Aethis galahern
Slave on the Altar
Location: Western Avelorn, shouting stuff at Druchii through a loudhorn.

Post by Aethis galahern »

He wants to snuff out the fire of Ulric and become a god himself.

-Aethis
Provincial Commander and Lord of Western Avelorn. P|-|43r the Wrath of the Dire Avenger!
Evilzealot
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Evilzealot »

He wants to pick a fight with my Middenheim Warband... Because they have too much Wyrdstone...

Seriously though the answer has already been posted, loads that I didn't know. I'm pretty sure it won't happen, but it would be funny to see everyone putting snow bases on their mini's.
Hyperion quistekh
Morathi's Beloved

Post by Hyperion quistekh »

Ulric is one of the most important gods of the Empire, and more importantly: Ulric was Sigmar's god. Archaon believes that with extinghuishing the flame, he will kill Ulric, and by killing a God he becomes a god. Whether this is true or not, peoples faith in both Sigmar and Ulric will wane, and the empie might even be thrown into Cilvil War. Not that this hasn't happened before. The Empire will survive, but will weaken.

Which altogether makes the storyline for WFB just a bit more interesting...
'Ubi est mea anaticula cumminosa?
Volo anaticulam cumminosam meam!'

Inquisitor Constantine at the battle of Latinus Prime.
(Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes)
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

As the question has been answered thread locked.