Has anyone registerd at the SOC site yet?

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Morriston burns
Executioner

Has anyone registerd at the SOC site yet?

Post by Morriston burns »

15th of June it said. Am I the only one on the 15th of June yet? Knew I should have tested my time machine more thoroughly....

If anyone does register, post and tells us how.
I've got fluid on my Shatner's Bassoon.
Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Reading ancient books to learn, so I can bring the Apocolypse sooner.

Post by Ragnarok »

its no;t yet midnight so until that time its the 15th .
http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=11002 Look at this and fight for Malekith.
Errdrigar
Highborn

Post by Errdrigar »

They haven't updated the site yet. Sign up option is still unavailable.

You must be more patient. They should do that soon.
Morriston burns
Executioner

Maybe if I sit here and click refresh every 30 seconds I'll see when it opens up. Or get fired.

I was awful at Christmas as well.
Tacklbry
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tacklbry »

Usually about noon EST (GMT -5 for those elsewhere) is when these things seem to get going. I guess tech support has a different workday than I do.

It could be up now though, I have not looked yet.
I like dwarfs, their skin makes fine boots. :twisted:
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

Its 8:45 am here where I live, and I'm on central time, an hour behind GW US. My guess would be noon as well, but I'm hoping a couple hours earlier because I have to work from 11-2
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar
Loremaster of Ulthuan.org

Enthardon - Part of official GW fluff
Mtucache
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mtucache »

Registration is up... :shock:

And of course the forums are already being filled with typical GW forum quality posts... :roll:

I guess this isn't going to be worthwhile until July 1st afterall, because I'm definately not wasting my time reading a bunch of posts by five year olds about how they're going to kill everyone. :?
Morriston burns
Executioner

And the UK isn't. I suppose we'll have to wait until the Americans tell us we're allowed to.... !lol!
Nekroskop
Highborn

Post by Nekroskop »

Will it make any sense to post there? I mean, we should have all the inf owe need here, GW forums have always been hell (well, the BL Forums are okay)
I waste him with my boltthrower!
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

Well, I made sure the first post in the defenders forum was quality:

http://venus.walagata.com/w/timmymwd/thread.jpg
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar

Mtucache
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mtucache »

Heh... good luck keeping that up. Already the CoD forum has a couple of people telling everyone to follow them and to "bow down before their feet".... :roll:

I give it about five more minutes before people start pretending they know the game mechanics and telling us how wrong we've all got it....

I have this eery feeling that I'll just wait around here and do whatever Underway tells us to do.... I couldn't be bothered to read half the crap already in the new GW threads.
Sobek
Lord Commander of the General Staff

Post by Sobek »

It will likely be fairly chaotic in the forums. We'll still be posting our Druchii plans in them for dissemination, mind you, however Druchii.net will still be the center for our planning and discussions. So, if you'd rather not try to keep track of everyone on th GW forums, never fear. :mrgreen:
Morriston burns
Executioner

I see the future and it goes something like:

MegaDeathBoz: I will end you!

Uberkillanasty: I will end u2!

Megauberkillanasty: I will endz tha 2 of u!

Ad infinitum....
Mtucache
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mtucache »

It's going to de-grade to that rather quickly, but fortunately they have split it into the "Attackers" and "Defenders" forums, so mixing of users will be limited.

Currently it looks as if it will be advertising for SoC "command" sites for quite some time... hopefully most of the un-initiated Druchii find their way here eventually without falling into too many piddly little sites that waste their/our time.
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

These are the only CoD forums I need to look at. I won't even be attacking Middenheim (Lustria instead in case anyone gets the wrong impression).

Still hasn't given us any more info as to whether Lustria has battle sites or not.
Morriston burns
Executioner

Hopefully we will see the whole thing snowballing after a couple of weeks - if we can put in a concentrated effort in key areas, win and make some real changes to the way the campaign is going maybe people will be inspired to sign up.

I wonder if we will be getting victories broken down by race as well as Defender/Attacker and where they were fought? I was looking through the Help page on the site and it goes on about the "fog of war" as a reason for the lack of stats. If we do I think that will certainly forge some solidarity between races, and also create a few scape-gosts!

Meanwhile, I click refresh and - the UK site now has a US flag! Marvellous.
Bleys
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Bleys »

Well, in looking over the Subcampaigns page it certainly seems to imply that there will be battle sites in the subcampaign areas (the section at the very bottom says this).

What I will be interested to know is whether you'd have to have both armies involved in the fight to be able to report it on the subcampaign sites (instead of the main battle sites) or if it will suffice to just have one of the armies involved in the game you play.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what else they put out in the next couple of weeks. Based on the wording and the map you can pull up, I'd say that there are probably going to be battle sites just like the main campaign, and depending on how it goes new paths will open up both over time as well as based on how the fights go.
Currently Listening To: In Flames
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

MTUCache wrote:Heh... good luck keeping that up. Already the CoD forum has a couple of people telling everyone to follow them and to "bow down before their feet".... :roll:

I give it about five more minutes before people start pretending they know the game mechanics and telling us how wrong we've all got it....

I have this eery feeling that I'll just wait around here and do whatever Underway tells us to do.... I couldn't be bothered to read half the crap already in the new GW threads.

I'm pleasently suprised, as our post has quadrupple the posts of any other thread in the defenders forum. :D
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar

Nekroskop
Highborn

Post by Nekroskop »

I'm trying hard to register right now, but their servers seem to be overloaded - my registration doesn't get through...
Besides, some bastich already registered my username and used my email adress on top!
I waste him with my boltthrower!
Mtucache
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mtucache »

Sobek, I certainly don't envy you (and the rest of the SoC staff).... you've got a lot of work ahead of you. Corralling that mindless herd of wide-eyed campaign rookies is going to take more than just a gentle reminder to keep in line. That mob will likely cause more trouble than it's worth.... hopefully your message(s) get to the right people and we can keep our momentum going strong.

Right now it appears there will be strong resistance to any pre-arranged or pre-existing command structure... which is unfortunate, because you guys have already put in a lot of effort already into organizing this.... hopefully none of your work is wasted in trying to gently lead these morons.
Lord tareq
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tareq »

@ Nekroskop; lol, I had the same...It seems that if you registered at the EOT campaign previous year or the GW website you are also registered for this campaign...
Now it's been ten thousand years. Man has cried a billion tears.
For what he never knew, now man's reign is through.

But through eternal night. The twinkling of starlight.
So very far away. Maybe it's only yesterday.
Dekhalan
Highborn

Post by Dekhalan »

Yes, that is true Lord Tareq...for this campaign I will again be known as DarkAngelGrandMaster.

Damn.
...And so it came to pass that the foul elf known as DEKHALAN CHILLWIND invaded our fair shores. This fiend began a campaign of killings, rapings, lootings, enslavings and burnings, sparing neither age nor sex...
Chronicle of Walter of Lyonesse
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

That's what I was going to do. I'm unfortunately lacking regular internet access these days so I'm going to be very much out of the loop. Dang.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Post your wins in Lustria anywhere the whole time Arquinsiel and you can't go far wrong.

Sobek, I certainly don't envy you (and the rest of the SoC staff).... you've got a lot of work ahead of you. Corralling that mindless herd of wide-eyed campaign rookies is going to take more than just a gentle reminder to keep in line. That mob will likely cause more trouble than it's worth.... hopefully your message(s) get to the right people and we can keep our momentum going strong.

Right now it appears there will be strong resistance to any pre-arranged or pre-existing command structure... which is unfortunate, because you guys have already put in a lot of effort already into organizing this.... hopefully none of your work is wasted in trying to gently lead these morons.

This is where our secret weapon comes in. The Druchii.net SoC Newsletter with art and fun stories etc... the rest of the groups don't have anything similar. And the 5 year old spam doesn't have even anything else to compare. I think we will be fine.
Sobek
Lord Commander of the General Staff

Post by Sobek »

Underway wrote:I think we will be fine.
Agreed. I posted a greeting to all the Druchii in the US forum already, and response already appears good, thanks in no small part to other Druchii.net members' posts. We've just got the one thread, which is good for making sure that we're all together. Already there are about a dozen different 'unification' threads from different Chaos players. We're already off to a good start.