Dogs of War - What gives?

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

I'd go with the duelists. They're damn nice to have, decent stats, you'll need skirmishers eentually, they're relatively cheap (5 pts each with no upgrades I believe) and they're just plain cool. Some bezerkers could be cool, especially if you give them extra hand weapons. Dwarves might be an interesting choice for defensive warriors should you need them. Pikemen are best ignored at this stage as their main advantage is the extra rank abilities given by the pikes.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Lord doyok
Warrior

Post by Lord doyok »

manflayers.. good stats, good banner.. don't know how to include in 2K list however. too expensive
"I'm a gambler, a farmboy, and I'm here to take command of your bloody army"-Mat Cauthon
Jhaelrnya
Highborn

Post by Jhaelrnya »

It's a two hundred point list, so they can't be included at all :D. Too bad though, I would like to take them someday. Maybe when the army does get to 2500 or so, and I start adding in RoR like mad.

Ok, so duelists are a go. Good thing I like to convert. And Berzerkers would be awsome, and they can be represented by Marauders or pretty much any model out there feral enough.

With my friends playing LSG and Skink Pipers, should I go straight for the dwarves? For 14 pts a pop, they get heavy armour, shield, hand weapon, and crossbow. Shoot like mad with decent saves and then great save and stats for combat. Couple units of Duelists to protect them, and I have an anchor unit, along with some decent support. And all of them can have ranged weapons to give as good as I get :D. Plus it gives me a Ld9 leader for the warband! Even better than the pesky Asur!
Rork wrote:Because you are bound to turn up to battle dressed as a Christmas tree. I don't like people who condone the trade in Fir.

I'm back! But so very tired...