New Pics! Horay!

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Comrade igor
Daemon in Disguise

Post by Comrade igor »

They look great imo :)

I am always optimistic about new kits because they're interchangable and you can always add a bit of your own flavour to them.
Best Regards, Comrade Igor.

Where there's a Whip there's a Way
Duffman327
Executioner

Post by Duffman327 »

no your not the only one who likes them. i love them, i am a dark elf fanatic and they are better than what we currently have. i reckon ( no offense intended at all) but if you are a true dark elf you will love them no matter what.

BUT

i think everyones opinion will change and everyone will fall in love with them when we see them in the flesh

Keep in mind i did not want to intentionally offend ppl and there opinions.
I am the Silent Wind of Doom... Whoosh!
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I swear if this keeps up I am comeing up with some background reason to stay on this site and converting to the wood elves. So far they have far better models than these ones.

I do realy like the cold ones, though I am not sure why they didn't stick far closer to the orgional one that everyone saw and thought 'WOW I dont care if its £20 per model I am having a unit of those guys'.

The Dreadlords armour just is not Druchii like in the least. The high elf hero's armour looks more Druchii like than it. So far we have great Corsairs, greatly improved but still a tad disapointing cold ones and for everything else no one can look at them without thinking wistfuly about all the years we have been waiting for charactor models. And to top it of there are natural disastors and an economic slump. Is nothing going right in the world?
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

I write in the option to like them. I feel the Dreadlord looks like a High Elf, and the Sorc looks a bit too like the old one. I think so, anyway, it could be the paintjob, or the lighting, or some clumsy conversion, or - if they are as rumoured multipart - just poor choices of bitz.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

I like them, just disappointed all other armies so far have better looking heroes and lords but I live in hope that the rumoured new models for Kouran, Tullaris and Hellebron will match that of Korhil, Caradryan and to a lesser extent Alith Anar. At least at long last we finally have a proper noble model and some nice looking cold ones. May Citadel bless the Dark Elves...
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6
Kormin sombracier
Corsair

Post by Kormin sombracier »

I'm not sure, but I think this one is new:

http://ulthuan-naggaroth.over-blog.com/ ... 52840.html

With the Hydra, Knights, and Sorceress....
French website about Asur and Druchii: http://ulthuan-naggaroth.over-blog.com/
The griefbringer
Cold One Knight

Post by The griefbringer »

Holy crap! That is *definitely* the new Hydra, and what's more it looks *incredible*! Those are not Tyranid heads. Me want!

Can't tell whether I like the Cold One Knights from this distance. They do kinda look like they are too bulky, like the character model, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: Almost didn't see the sorceress on foot, hidden along the left side of the picture. Hmmmm...again, not sure, but she might be cool.
"Since men love at their own pleasure and fear at the pleasure of the prince, a wise prince should build his foundation upon that which belongs to him, not upon that which belogs to others."

--Machiavelli

Raiding Tally: 173 Slaves, 15 Banners
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

Well the models don't exactly sweep me of my chair but they are nice. It seems as though there is a definite Dark Eldar side to the new Dark Elves - like the Helmet of the very right Cold One knight and especially the weapons of the hydra's handlers - the whip looks like it is stolen from a wych...

HUZZAH!
Last edited by Mr. anderson on Sat May 24, 2008 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Halbarad
Executioner

Post by Halbarad »

Kormin Sombracier wrote:I'm not sure, but I think this one is new:

http://ulthuan-naggaroth.over-blog.com/ ... 52840.html

With the Hydra, Knights, and Sorceress....

The knights look very much like the Chaos knights, not sure I like them being like that. but I suppose being plastic makes them easier to convert.
I live on the edge. Between Life and Death, Light and Dark, Insanity and Genius. I protect you all from what you truly are and what I know you to be.
Cronos
Assassin

Post by Cronos »

thankyou for finding these pictures.
I really want to see these models in the flesh, becuase from here they look incredibly disappointing. Granted the hydra and the actual coldones look pretty good. The Dread lord on foot has grown on my simply becuase his head can be altered, but the rest I doubt ill include in my army.
Kulrik (Group 39)
WS:4 S:4 T:4 D:2 I:4
Class: Warrior
Equipment: Light armour, Sea dragon cloak, Mace, Dagger.
Inventory: -
Skills: -
Heldrak
Renegade Priest of Vaul

Post by Heldrak »

Nice one, Kormin! A lot of new information there...
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

I'm now proud to be a Dark Elf and I want those new models especially the Hydra. Still not as good as the other armies but i'm content especially with that sorceress replacing the current ugly one.
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6
Lazarus
Phlebotomist of Khaine

Post by Lazarus »

Ahh well, I already have 20 COK's (6th riders and 5th CO's), looks like I'll just have to suck it up and have more...I really like what I see of those knights. The hydra looks awesome, even the sorceress in the back left looks good. Atleast one spearhead for me I suppose. So much to paint.
I've been to Middenheim,
I've been to Ulthuan,
I've been to Cathay too,
So what, so what
so what so what you boney little f***
Cal'mihe
Dark Rider

Post by Cal'mihe »

Excellent, I approve of the Cold Ones in particular.
It looks to my eyes like the cold ones that the ordinary knights are riding are not armoured to the same degree that the dreadlord's steed is, so there should be oppertunities for mounting our lords and nobles on lizards that are not hidden by multiple layers up armour.
I'm not too sold on the Sorcress on foot though, I like the hair, face (such as can be seen) and general pose, it matches well with the various pieces of art in our present army book. Only thing I'm leery of is the big set of swirly mist/cloud that engulfs her, it makes the model seem clunky in some way.
Hydra: Good look! I just hope they've gone for true scales on top rather than the wrinkled hide our present hydra has. Why did they have to redo the beastmaster apprentices though ? I think the current ones are spiffy! And is it just me or do those new apprentices have a Dark Eldar-ish look to them ?
Xerasi
Highborn

Post by Xerasi »

looks nice. I do like the knights, but I'll probably give the CoK a tail extension so they look a bit more agile.

The Hydras heads look very alive, although they seem too big. I guess that I'll take inspiration while making my own hydra. I do like the knights, although the simplicity of the 6th ed Knights where also great... Not sure which ones I'll be going for.

I do like the sorc, although I might just cut her down and put her on the ground as I dont like GW's "look-at-my-flying-mage" policy, seems to be a part of the newer sorcs...

On a last note I'd just say that I thought it was confirmed that we would be getting 22 models in the new spearhead, which makes me doubt that this will be it. Especially as a bolt thrower is included, and I can't really see any changes to it... Makes me think this is more like a batalion box thing.

Xerasi
DoW 2/2.25k W-L-D: 22 - 4 - 3
Livefromnaggaroth
Executioner

Post by Livefromnaggaroth »

Definitely some nice models; still can't make out very much but most notably I think the noble on foot looks less bulky!

Hydra is mean!
Getwisteerd
Highborn
Location: The duke's forest (yes that's the name of the town I live in)

Post by Getwisteerd »

I just hope that the cold one box has some normal helms too, I would not use any of the head/helm options shown here.
And the banner is not a banner, it's a stick on a stick.
And the lances don't seem to be of the same length, but I guess you could give them al the same length lance.

The rest of the model is not visible well enough to judge, but these might just be the worst models made for DE since the harpy.

The hydra on the other hand, looks quite evil.

BTW, does anyone else think that the 'CoK unit champion' is the same model as the 'mounted dreadlord'? (making it either not the champion or not the dreadlord)
Comrade igor
Daemon in Disguise

Post by Comrade igor »

Hydra looks bad a$$!!

A proper terror causing creature, hats off to Trish for making a good sculpt for once! :P
Best Regards, Comrade Igor.

Where there's a Whip there's a Way
Bassman76
Highborn

Post by Bassman76 »

Hello, I want to give my two cents:
said that pics are really terrible and it is not easy to judge these pictures, I could say that we eventually have nice beasts! The new hydra looks fine, and she could be turned into a beautiful monster.
I always preferred 5th ed cold ones to the battle cows (as a matter of fact I stuck new knights on old raptors), so I like these beasts. If they give them movement 8" I'll be happy.
Maybe the dread lord mount is too much plated but the sorceress one is very good looking, I'd say awesome if there were better pics!
Sorceress on foot is really disappointing :x meh ,she looks a bad copy of the woody one, if so I'll convert the woody.
Mounted characters could be fine but, again, pics are not the best and I would not like to to say anything about them...
when you go down, go down fighting!!

if you hang around Milan:

www.milantour.net

Special cultural events in Milan? Pretige locations for your company?

www.milanoarte.net
Powerfulfawn
Cold One Knight

Post by Powerfulfawn »

I like the new hydra. I don't really like the cold ones. The knights look to static from these pictures.. it wouldn't be a problem, its just my expectations are so high now based on all the other releases recently, the plastic kits usually have so much movement and posability to them. Oh well, hydra looks good and so do corsairs, and the exe's and bolt thrower and old units still look great anyway. And while i'm at it i suppose.. why can't they sculpt a decent plastic lord/hero kit? its been done for all the other armies and DE provide the opportunity to do a really good, poseable, equipable, great looking plastic. Anyway thats my say over, i'll reserve final judgement until they're actually released.
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

AAAARRGGHH!!! My Bloody-Handed God, that's amazing!!!

I'd buy the spearhead, but I've already got two RBT's. Damn...
Arcturus
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Arcturus »

New cold ones look nice, the unhelmeted heads look like sheit, but the helmeted ones look like they just need a little work to look great. The mounts are great, as already discussed. Definately will be the source of all hero conversions for me.

The Sorceress looks ok I think.

The hydra heads don't look bad, can't say about the body yet, I hope trish has gotten her thumbs attached to her hands when she did it.

Cheers
---Tragic legend, Eerie stratum---
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

The champion CoK might look good on the HE dragon...
Excidium666
Shade

Post by Excidium666 »

The new models look indeed awsome. I really like them and cant wait till they come out.
Maybe the new COK are a bit too massive for elves but i dont care. At least they look nice on the new CO :).
The hydra didnt exactly meet my expectations but its fine with me.
Sorcress is amazing, I really like the wind of magic formed into blue skulls around her.

Will still missing Lokhir and the possible other characters: Kouran, Tullaris and Hellebron (if they are to come out of course).

I think the Rumour Master of Doom should update the rumour thread.

Thanks and keep up the good work !!!
High elf is an elf after all, therefore he deserves a quick death...
Cynath ch'ill
Noble

Post by Cynath ch'ill »

WTF whats up with all the bald dark elves?