Hotek's Column & the Black Pillar

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Sisstros
Dark Rider

Hotek's Column & the Black Pillar

Post by Sisstros »

I have been looking for any information regarding the above locations in Naggaroth.

Both appear on the map in the current army book and I know Hotek is of course a renegade priest of Vaul who created magic weapons and armour for the Dark Elves.

However I was wondering if any of the old editions of the army book have any more detailed information about Hotek and his column or this Black Pillar east of Har Ganeth?

In the back story I developed for my own army list I thought of Hotek's Column the home of Hotek and his magical forge, where my Supreme Sorceress would have gone to study the lore of metal after leaving the Dark Convent.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I think a topic like this came up a few years back and I am fairly sure that the end conclusion was that there is nothing written about them. As far as I am aware they are just something to spice up an otherwise empty bit of map with no more background to them, like the Petrified Forest or plain of spiders. I see it as a good thing, you have a blank canvas to work with.

I may be wrong of course in which case hopefully someone will correct me. You could also try critical hit to see if there is anything there.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Sisstros
Dark Rider

Post by Sisstros »

Thanks for the reply.

As you say, if there is indeed no official background for these landmarks then there is then it is up to us players to fill in the gaps should we wish to do so.
вы претендуете оплатить, мы претендуем работать