TOW - 800pts

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

TOW - 800pts

Post by Daeron »

I got my first game on Saturday. I thought I'd bring something simple to explore game mechanics, and bring as many painted models to the table as I can. I'll put the sorceress in the Repeater Crossbow unit.
It's probably not an optimal list, but it's close to something I would bring in 8th for this point size, and it might get a decent comparison.

++ Characters [115 pts] ++
Sorceress [115 pts]
(Hand weapon, Level 2 Wizard, On foot, Focus Familiar, Dark Magic)

++ Core Units [304 pts] ++
5 Dark Riders [101 pts]
(Hand weapons, cavalry spears, and repeater crossbows, Light armour, Shields, Musician)

14 Repeater Crossbowmen [203 pts]
(Hand weapons and repeater crossbows, Light armour, Shields, Standard bearer, Banner Of Har Ganeth, Musician)

++ Special Units [297 pts] ++
6 Cold One Knights [217 pts]
(Hand weapons and lances, Full plate armour, Dread Knight (champion))

5 Dark Elf Shades [80 pts]
(Hand weapons, repeater crossbows, and additional hand weapons)

++ Rare Units [80 pts] ++
1 Reaper Bolt Throwers [80 pts]
(Repeater bolt thrower and hand weapons, Light armour)

---
Created with "Old World Builder"

[https://old-world-builder.com]
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Nostromo
Cold One Knight

Re: TOW - 800pts

Post by Nostromo »

Looks balanced and playable. I feel like the Knights would have dominated at this points value - would consider the Cold Blooded Banner as insurance for that crucial turn to ensure they connect with their charge targets.

Any observations? My lists so far have trended for spears and dark riders in core. Hadn't thought to put the Banner of Har Ganeth on the crossbows though. Nice idea.

Keen to hear your reports.
Cihan
Corsair

Post by Cihan »

Lovely to see that youre still around, Daeron.

On the topic: I think its a decent list. I like GW on my Shades though. I usually dont play the champion in the CoK so characters cant challenge their way out. You dont need the musician in the Dark Riders anymore -- oldschool move ;). Im not too sure about the Banner of Har Ganeth on the Dark Shards. Super good banner -- its just the Dark Shards are too weak in melee anyway. But I guess its playable and reasonable.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Urgh. I was sure I had read it twice that the banner applied to all weapons, but you are correct: it only works on combat weapons. The banner is wasted on the crossbows.

I'm going to need to apologise to my opponent next time I see him.

Thank you for pointing it out

As for the musician, don't they help with the rally?
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze