Bad Trader Alert: Darkurieth

Buy, Sell or Trade your models here...

Moderators: xFallenx, cultofkhaine, The Dread Knights

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Bad Trader Alert: Darkurieth

Post by Kinslayer »

Both myself and Lord Malek have recently entered trades of considerable value with the user Darkurieth. I sent him an army in return for his own, and since entering the trade have not heard anything from him despite emails and PMs. Lord Malek is, as far as I know, coming across the same wall in communication. I hope for both our sakes Darkurieth has gone on holiday or lost connection, rather than having ripped us both off.

I wouldn't enter a trade with him until we hear back from him is what I am saying, unless you want to risk losing money / models.

Darkurieth, if you're online, please answer my PMs!
Last edited by Kinslayer on Mon May 18, 2009 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord malek
Beastmaster

Post by Lord malek »

Hi yes I also have had no communication with Darkurieth since I sent him the items. He was due to post last week so should be grtting my mins soon if they were sent.
Sa'an'ishar
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

This is the reason I will never enter a trade with anyone online, sure there are plenty of trustworthy people on d.net but I'm sure for every one that will keep the deal there are 2-3 who will take the money and run.

I hope you guys get in contact with Darkurieth soon and sort this out.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Darkelfogrekiller
Trainee Warrior

Post by Darkelfogrekiller »

geez i just had sent him some stuuf the day before this was posted that same problem now i feel that i got ripped off
Caboose
Warrior

Post by Caboose »

That really sucks....I can't stand thieves. :x I hope you three are able to get your end of the bargain. I am the type of person that will trust someone until they give me a reason not to and it is a case by case basis. I probably would have done the exact same thing you three did. So I really hope it all works out for you all. :?

As for Darkurieth, well, Karma can be a B**** and I am sure that if he rips you guys off, he will get his "just due."

But as you stated, hopefully he is just on vacation or something and none of this will make a difference. :?
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Hehe. Preparing a lynch mob for his return? Na, sorry to hear about your current predicament. Hopefully you can sort it out.

This is the reason I will never enter a trade with anyone online, sure there are plenty of trustworthy people on d.net but I'm sure for every one that will keep the deal there are 2-3 who will take the money and run.

Very true.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Kbolster12345
Warrior

Post by Kbolster12345 »

Khel wrote:Hehe. Preparing a lynch mob for his return? Na, sorry to hear about your current predicament. Hopefully you can sort it out.

Very true.

I have traded alot of stuff over about 8 years on Bartertown and I have found that I have had problems with very few people. That being said I do have enough feedback now that people generally have to send to me first OR they have proven themselves to be trustworthy because they have so much feedback.

People like this do pop up from time to time though. Couple of tips...

Always Always ALWAYS pay for delivery confirmation or insurance. Prove that you sent SOMETHING.

When this happens check all the other related forums to see if he has been hitting them. Often times people will do this in-mass. Bad thing is it usually reveals bad intentions. Good thing is usually when people pool information they get a lot of it.

This also helps build the case for mail fraud. I have actually contacted USPS mailfraud about a transaction on eBay and I foudn they were very helpfull. As soon as they sent the person an email he sent me my items. :lol:

Because Warhammer players, in the grand scheme of thigs, are a small group of people try to contact someone who is local to the person. Sometimes the idea of reaching out and touching someone helps to motivate smoother trades.

Best of luck. Don't despair yet. I was really sick two weeks ago and wasn't really on the computer much and definetly wasn't making it down to the post office. Maybe this guy is in the same boat? Or, I guess, there are a ton of other possible scenarios. Keep us up to date.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Knowing my luck however, I'd probably have success in selling/buying cheap things which wouldn't put a dent in my wallet. But the time I try to sell/buy something expensive, I'd get screwed over (thats the way it's almost always been with me).

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Just in case he has more than one account, I'd think twice before entering a trade with someone from Athens, Greece. If you want his address to make sure you're not sending to the same person just ask me.
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

A few more rules for trading:

1) Do not enter into any high-value transactions with anyone who is outside the coutry you are located in. Individuals who are cheats often target people in other countries since they know that it is essentially impossible to be held legally accountable.

2) If you are going to enter into a high-value/high-volume trade with someone--even if that person is in the same country as you--get the person to agree to break it up into some smaller pieces. Send some of the models in one shipment, and don't send the rest until payment for the entire transaction is received in full. Or if it's a large trade, each person sends half of their stuff and waits for receipt from the other before sending the second half. It may increase shipping costs, but at least you don't lose everthing if the buyer doesn't pay or the trader on the other side doesn't come through. Also, if you propose doing things this way and the other party is resistant, it's a signal that maybe you should cancel the whole thing.

3) Trade through a site that has an established feedback system (Bartertown, eBay) and pay attention to the feedback scores. I would never do a trade worth more than $50 unless it is someone I have traded with before or unless it is through a site with an established feedback system.
Last edited by Dyvim tvar on Mon May 18, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

I too have just been ripped off by this guy.

Really not happy. I only sent him part of our agreed trade which I thought was more than good enough - but he now has 5 Cold One Knights & 15 Spearmen of mine, what a complete and utter bastard.

I think its time we revealed his full details, Im sorry if its against forum rules but he is a blatent cheat;

Username: Darkurieth
Email: darkurieth@hotmail.com
Name: Dorothea Karabinidou
Adress: Souleiou 36 Str. Korydallos
City: Athens
Postal Code: 18120

Is there anything legally we can do against him, this is a fair ammount of stuff he had gotten away with!!
The Black Sun Weekly - an AoS Podcast

Follow me on Twitter; @the_black_sun
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Damn it, I think he just got my entire Daemons army then. £250 worth of stuff. I think I will be going to Greece...
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

You should publicize this guy on other Warhammer forums that have trading forums and bad-trader lists -- definitely Bartertown for a start
Truly These are the End Times ...
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

Kinslayer wrote:Damn it, I think he just got my entire Daemons army then. £250 worth of stuff. I think I will be going to Greece...

Thats proper harsh man :(

You have accounts everywhere right? Can you do the deed of putting his details about?

There must be something we can do, surely?

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

I just posted on Bartertown and Underempire

http://underempire.net/index.php?showtopic=28753

http://www.bartertown.com/trading/viewt ... 34&t=87479

Anyone on other sites should do the same
Lord malek
Beastmaster

Post by Lord malek »

I would back any way of getting our items back but I doubt that there is anything we can do.

I lost 5 chaos knights, 5 marauder horsemen and a lord on mount.

Im angry but not that bothred about my items its more the fact that people like this do it and that I doubt ill trade online again without face to face contact.
Sa'an'ishar
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Well he has ruined the hobby for me... That was my last army and I have no money left to buy another. The one I was meant to get in return was for a game coming up, which I think I have to cancel now. Guess that's it for me, packing in the warhammer. I can't afford to start from scratch again now, all my money goes into my animal collection.

I doubt we can do much. I spread word over to bartertown and they had the arrogance to delete my post and ban me for a month for not supplying 'evidence' despite a link to this thread.............. damnit.
Lord malek
Beastmaster

Post by Lord malek »

Well thats just harsh! I have posted on the chaos dwarf sites that im a member of.

Thats a damn shame Kinslayer really harsh I hope you find a way to get back into it because the last thing we need is to lose players from our hobby.
Sa'an'ishar
Oscar1492
Dark Rider

Post by Oscar1492 »

My heartfelt regret goes out to you Kinslayer. If i had any money of my own i would give it to you to start up a new army. I hope you can find a way to continue in the hobby.
If you ever need anything, please dont hesitate to ask someone else first.

Khel wrote: I mean come on. He had WS9 and they gave him a "Sword of Lame Anus Cheese"?

Mr Shadow wrote:In fact it's just like making love; down, left, turn 45 degrees and engage rotor
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Meh, once I started working I should be able to get together £130 for an Ogre Kingdoms list (cheapest one I have made). 2 batallions, army book & box of Ironguts. Including conversions that gives a tyrant, 3 bruisers, 2 maneaters and what it's meant to.. which is 2250pts with items.

For now it looks like it's just roleplaying for me.

Thanks Darkurieth.
Caboose
Warrior

Post by Caboose »

Well crap Kinslayer....That sucks man. I wish there was something I could do to help you out. :( I can't believe that people like this are able to get away with this crap!! :evil:

It really bugs me to hear that this has pulled you out of the game mate. :( I really hope that something good comes your way and that guy gets his "just due." Dang douche bag. :x

As for that site banning you....what the heck?! That is just absurd. Well, I hope no one got ripped off by this bast*** over there. =\

Anywho, I REALLY hope you will be able to find a way to stay in the game mate. I'd be happy to donate $50 to your "fund" when I next get paid. Don't know you and it wouldn't matter either. I just hate to see this happen to someone. If you don't have a problem with it, and you have paypal, PM me your paypal ID. I will send it at the end of the week. ;) If you don't have paypal, well, we'll work something out. haha There is always snail mail. lol

Anyway, things will work out my friend. :)
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

I dont need you to lend me money, I will restart when I can afford it myself. It's just an annoying time for this to happen to me really (not that there is ever a 'good time' to lose 250 quid of models).
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

I'm sorry to hear about your further losses (as well as everyone else's loss), I wouldn't mind donating (even though you don't want it but hey :) ) to you but I don't trust the whole credit card on the web thing. It's a conspiracy I tell you!

And to Darkureith... Well, harsh words have been said already.

But between you and me, there hasn't been a pr*ck like yourself who deserves a kick in the teeth more.

Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

Kinslayer wrote:I dont need you to lend me money, I will restart when I can afford it myself. It's just an annoying time for this to happen to me really (not that there is ever a 'good time' to lose 250 quid of models).

I understand you are annoyed at the moment, but I think you could've turned down Caboose's offer a little more graciously. Its a very kind gesture if you ask me.

One thing Im shocked about is bartertowns reaction to your thread!

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Xizor wrote:
Kinslayer wrote:I dont need you to lend me money, I will restart when I can afford it myself. It's just an annoying time for this to happen to me really (not that there is ever a 'good time' to lose 250 quid of models).

I understand you are annoyed at the moment, but I think you could've turned down Caboose's offer a little more graciously. Its a very kind gesture if you ask me.

One thing Im shocked about is bartertowns reaction to your thread!

Sorry (Caboose), I am annoyed though yes, and I'm just not the sort of person to take money like this. It has nothing to do with those people, why should they pay. It's Darkurieth that owes me an army.