Slipknot & Machine Head

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kelthahir
Corsair

Slipknot & Machine Head

Post by Kelthahir »

Had the pleasure to see slipknot and Machine Head live tonight here in Vienna... I wasn't a fan of them before, but now :twisted:

Just wanted to tell you, Slipknot rocks (listen to "dead memories")
Last edited by Kelthahir on Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

My sister was lucky enough that her boyfriend took her to Paris to see them play there a couple of weeks ago. She also saw Children of Bodom headlining, another great band!! I really wanted to be there :(
Kelthahir
Corsair

Post by Kelthahir »

Yes, Children of Bodom played first tonight, but unfortunately I missed them. I "only" saw Machine Head and Slipknot. Machine Head was great too, but their sound wasn't so good...they were so loud, I got cold sweat *lol*
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Change the title so you intice more to view, imo. :P
Damn, you saw Machine Head too?! Awesome! I am not really a big fan of the new Slipknot, I checked out that video after reading this. It's good but I prefer their harder old sound.
Kelthahir
Corsair

Post by Kelthahir »

Hmm, I like it better if it's a bit more melodical :)
because Corey Taylor is really a great singer, when he wants to

Btw.: To those of you know who don't know Machine Head yet, listen to "Halo", "A Farewell to arms" and "Beautiful Mourning"
Lord temnir
Executioner

Post by Lord temnir »

I wanted to go there but I had to do service at the barracks. :(
I wonder when I find some time to go on a concert again....

I personally like slipknot best because they do have some really melodic songs on one hand (like for instance Opium for the People) but they have also some harder stuff too.
Victory is messured by the blood spilled.
Kelthahir
Corsair

Post by Kelthahir »

Ha, a fellow Austrian :)
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

I'm talking old school Machine Head, like Burn my eyes album.. ah memories. :D
Skaris
Dark Rider

Post by Skaris »

Kelthahir wrote:
Btw.: To those of you know who don't know Machine Head yet, listen to "Halo", "A Farewell to arms" and "Beautiful Mourning"

You missed out Ten Ton Hammer, now thats a great Machine head song.
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

Yea I saw them a month ago in Melbourne, Australia. F****** best night ever. I couldn't believe how good they were live, like I loved them before, but now... yea enough said. lol. Only thing was, they needed to play more from their new album, they only played Psychosocial and Dead Memories. I was in the mood for Gematria or something on that night haha. Either way, it was awesome. I have to highlight Psychosocial, Duality and Before I Forget, they were so mad, and the whole crowd went insane.

Machine Head were alright, honestly they seemed to be trying to be making as much noise as possible, and not that much point to each song. Halo was pretty good though.
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Slipknot and Machine Head swung by Denarm a month or two ago, and I was really thinking about seeing them. Not to see Slipknot, but Machine Head... Oh boy... They are still on my "things to see before I die"-list.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Yea I saw them a month ago in Melbourne, Australia. F****** best night ever. I couldn't believe how good they were live, like I loved them before, but now... yea enough said. lol. Only thing was, they needed to play more from their new album, they only played Psychosocial and Dead Memories. I was in the mood for Gematria or something on that night haha. Either way, it was awesome. I have to highlight Psychosocial, Duality and Before I Forget, they were so mad, and the whole crowd went insane.

I was there as well, at the Rod Laver Arena right? It was almost the best night ever for me (the best night being when I got to see Disturbed). It was a great night however, Before I Forget, Duality and Psychosocial have to be my favourite Slipknot songs (excluding Vermillion part 2, that's a personal favourite) and when everyone went ballistic in the crowd, I followed suit as soon as I saw the shadows of the Slipknot band.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Neferata
Cold One Knight

Post by Neferata »

They are all great bands. Saw them here in Stockholm the other week and it was awesome :D! My favourite songs by them are the following:

Machine Head: Halo, Imperium, Descend the shades of night, Five, From this day (Hellalive), Crashing around you (Hellalive) and Old (Hellalive), Davidian (Hellalive).

Children of Bodom: Living dead beat, Hate me, Tie my rope, Follow the reaper etc :).

Slipknot: Duality, The nameless, Vermillion part 2, Psykosocial, Spit it out (I like sitting down on the floor :lol:), before I forget.
Dear Druchii and fellow gamers,
What part of; "Thou shalt not kill" did you not understand?

Scandinavia Alp Hunters
W 10; D; 4 L; 2
Kelthahir
Corsair

Post by Kelthahir »

Wow, many fans here...didn't expect that :)
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

Yea Khel Rod Laver. Where were you sitting?
Mdk
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mdk »

Ive seen Slipknot, Machine head and Children of Boredom last month in Amsterdam. I loved the show Slipknot and Machinehead
made. Children of Boredom though I did not like. It was ... well... boring. I've seen machinehead 6 timesnow and they never fail to
amaze me. Again, great show with a good hangover as precent.
You’re a wreck, an accident.
Forget the freak, your just nature.
Keep the gun oiled, and the temple cleaned shiz
snort, and blaspheme, let the heads cool, and the
engine run. Because in the end, everything we do,
is just everything we’ve done.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Demetrius the Betrayer wrote:Yea Khel Rod Laver. Where were you sitting?

Back of the mosh. I didn't have mosh tickets but it was pretty easy to sneak down into the mosh. However, it was almost impossible to ninja your way into the crowd or anywhere further than the middle.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Mercenary_q
Trainee Warrior

Post by Mercenary_q »

hahahaha yhea man went to the same concert it was great ^^
Name Kalhar
Weapon Skill: 4
Strength:3
Toughness:4
Dexterity:4
Intelligence: 3

Equipment: dwarf skin Kheitan, a good sword, Old Shield, small bag, cleaning supplies, flask, cold one lotion, 2 herbs 1 Combat dagger 1 tool dagger 4 weeks rations Gold 136
Enfant terrible
Cold One Knight

Post by Enfant terrible »

Love them both!
"... Why so serious? ..."
Connz
Warrior

Post by Connz »

I was dead lucky on this one. Got tickets for the 3rd and final date in the Hammersmith apollo. Only heard one Children of Bodom song although they sounded pretty boring. Machine head and slipknot were awesome. Rob Flynn is a funny guy. As great as it was, I still believed Unholy Aliiance chapter 3 was better.

EDIT'ed a little. Remember: Every time you forget to use the space or shift buttons, the moderators kill a kitten.
Your post was quite the kill-fest. :P

- Belial, off-topic moderator, and bored out of his skull.