Ulthuan in Flames: Malekith must die!

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Ulthuan in Flames: Malekith must die!

Post by Raneth »

http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/battle_map.php

Loki has already posted it on the Announcement forum: Ulthuan.net is running a new online campaign. The last one, Hour of the Wolf, was loads of fun, so I'd definitely encourage anyone to sign up!

The campaign is based on unofficial fluff written by members of Ulthuan.net. In this fluff, dear old Mally has had a makeover: all of his scars are healed and his new look on life has seen him allying with the Asur in preparation for the coming war. That's right, he's classed as a Good Guy.

So yeah, the sell-out has to go.

We need people to join the Hordes of Anar or the Cult of Slaanesh, as these are the factions that are going to teach our King how to be properly evil. And we get to pound the shiz out of the Asur for good measure, too.

Uncle Anar wants YOU! :twisted:
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

Die Traitor! Malekith must live! ;)
And the server wrote:Internal Server Error
Scorpioni
Cold One Knight

Post by Scorpioni »

So basically you end up playing chaos or CoS as bad guys? does any of those factions resemble anything druchii? Or do I have to pick Malekith's faction for that (and does that faction have a nagarythe feel)?
Let your blades drink deep, my fellow executioners!
Jadin
Black Guard

Post by Jadin »

Cult of Slaanesh is Druchii related. I currently have a Sorceress, 2 units of Dark Reavers (Dark Riders), 2 units of Elven Archers, and a single unit of Daemonettes.

However...

You can buy Shades from the Special choices and Spearmen are a regular choice. I am disappointed the Archers do not have Repeater Crossbows.
Last edited by Jadin on Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aachil lathanast
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Aachil lathanast »

scorpioni wrote:So basically you end up playing chaos or CoS as bad guys? does any of those factions resemble anything druchii? Or do I have to pick Malekith's faction for that (and does that faction have a nagarythe feel)?
No you can choose the to play true Druchii. Basically there are two factions:
1.Defenders of Ulthuan consisting of true Druchii led by Malekith and High Elves led by Bel-Sariin
2. Chaos faction consisting oh Horde of alith Anar and Cult of Slaanesh led by Morathi

Choose the true Druchii and not those pretenders.
Weak perish so that the strong can live. It is the law of nature. It is the law of the Druchii.
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

scorpioni wrote:So basically you end up playing chaos or CoS as bad guys? does any of those factions resemble anything druchii? Or do I have to pick Malekith's faction for that (and does that faction have a nagarythe feel)?
I'm playing Hordes of Anar, and one of my Hero options was Shadow Warrior. So, yeah.

THE DARK SIDE NEEDS YOU ALL!

@Aachil: you do realize 'our' Mally would never ally with Asur, don't you? This sell-out is not worth your loyalty. :twisted:

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Aachil lathanast

Raneth wrote:
I'm playing Hordes of Anar, and one of my Hero options was Shadow Warrior. So, yeah.

THE DARK SIDE NEEDS YOU ALL!

@Aachil: you do realize 'our' Mally would never ally with Asur, don't you? This sell-out is not worth your loyalty. :twisted:
But in this alternative timeline dark elves ( or clone high elves ) are not as dark as GW version are. While the hatred for the Asur still exists you have to remember that Ulthuan itself and the whole world is in danger of being swallowed up by the forces of Chaos. While often sadistical and evil, Malekith is by no account stupid. He realises that only with the combined forces of Druchii and Asur, of Khaine and Asurian, can there be hope to preserve the island. What happens afterwards, nobody knows. :twisted:
Weak perish so that the strong can live. It is the law of nature. It is the law of the Druchii.
Scorpioni
Cold One Knight

Post by Scorpioni »

True Druchii it is then :D

I'll play the True Druchii then, the proud nagarythe people, descendants of Aenarion!

edit: just joking actually :p I'll be playing cult of slaanesh I think :)
Let your blades drink deep, my fellow executioners!
Zakath the slaughterer
Master of Puppets

Post by Zakath the slaughterer »

I'll play the True Druchii then, the proud nagarythe people, descendants of Aenarion!
Not joking. My general character's, Zakath's, loyalty to Malekith has always been unflinching. This is not something to change any time soon.
Master of puppets I'm pulling your strings/
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams/
Blinded by me, you cant see a thing/
Just call my name, `cause Ill hear you scream
Lord malek
Beastmaster

Post by Lord malek »

loyalist druchii here aswell Lord Malek has always been a willing warrior
Sa'an'ishar
Hans von darkelf
Corsair

Post by Hans von darkelf »

loyalist all the way, never pass the chance to support old mally, and get rid of some ahh...enemies(for any real or percieved misdeed) at the same time :D
Dalamar wrote:It was the alien hat!

Now we know the truth :twisted:
Sirius dragonbrood
Corsair

Post by Sirius dragonbrood »

Alith Anar leads the forces of chaos...
Alith Anar. that should be enough to tell you not to side with the chaos. If the world stops existing, who do we enslave? the Daemons? not likely under 7th ed, thats for sure.
Vote 1 Druchii!
Why vote for the lesser evil?
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Even when we win (note wording), there's no guarantee Anar will get what he wants. After all,
Aachil Lathanast wrote:Malekith is by no account stupid.
Just a weakling for allying with that impostor Phoenix King. (Which is why he has to die. So that the strong may prosper. :mrgreen: )

In the meantime, I get to beat up on some poncy Asur. And you traitorous lot, for siding with them. :twisted:

Aachil lathanast

Raneth wrote:Even when we win (note wording), there's no guarantee Anar will get what he wants. After all,
Aachil Lathanast wrote:Malekith is by no account stupid.
Just a weakling for allying with that impostor Phoenix King. (Which is why he has to die. So that the strong may prosper. :mrgreen: )

In the meantime, I get to beat up on some poncy Asur. And you traitorous lot, for siding with them. :twisted:
Well I have never been known to run from a challenge and should an oportunity present itself and should you be in vacinity I will gladly accept any challenge for calling our dear old Dread King the weakling. ;)
Back to the topic - combined might of Alith Anar and Morathi should be enough to unravel the vortex and you know what that means - welcome to another demon infested world.
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

I'm fine with that. And the King I once followed would have been too. 8)

Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

You faithless [noun] you. Of course the M is only hoping to save the world so that he can rule it. When he and what's-his-name defeat all you betrayers, I give what's-his-name's neck about three seconds before it has to make a 6+ armour save.

My goodness, when Khaine finds out what you've done...
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

The most frenzied of Hags are currently knitting sweaters with their new Asur neighbours. Khaine has nothing on me. :mrgreen:

Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

Raneth wrote:The most frenzied of Hags are currently knitting sweaters with their new Asur neighbours. Khaine has nothing on me. :mrgreen:

What's wrong with that? Everyone needs a past time. You can not expect those poor hard working girls to be sacrificing people all the time. Among other problems, it would cause lack of people to rule, and Malky, as more or less wise ruler, understands it.

Well, you had your chance to join the royal army and fight invaders. But as things are, those sweater knitting girls are your future, and you should rather wish for it to be short ;-)
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Morathi is still the Queen of your dear Maibds... guess whose side she's on? :P

Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

Raneth wrote:Morathi is still the Queen of your dear Maibds... guess whose side she's on? :P

On her own, as always ;-)

Well, I agree that the schism in the church is probably quite complicated. But I am not a religious person. I say, let maibds sort their internal problems with their queen, and royal army will have fun with survivors..
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Loflar wrote: royal army will have fun with survivors..
To battle then, old adversary. :mrgreen: