My entire ogre army... ruined... destroyed...

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

My entire ogre army... ruined... destroyed...

Post by Kefka »

So yesterday was the first real big snowfall in our city this year. Which was odd, because the week before we had really warm weather (up to 22C) which is really hot for fall/winter here. But regardless, it snowed,and no one was ready.
Long story short, Icy roads filled with cars not prepared for it. I took a flank charge from a Pontiac Sunfire and my ogres didn't hold the back seat very well.
I'm okay, so is my truck (kind of, it still runs, that's what counts.) But my ogres... oh god, a demon army couldn't have done this much damage.
90% of my ogre models are wrecked in some way. Whether it's missing an arm, or being in 10-20 pieces. 4000 point army that I have loved for 3 years, gone. I can rebuild some of it, but it's a lot of work, and I'm not sure if I can find all the pieces. It's like having 100 puzzle boxes get mashed all over the place. And they probably wont look to good even if I can fix them, paint chips and bent pieces.
I'm a little heartbroken (or maybe it's just whiplash). I'm not sure if I should rebuild what's in front of me,or restart the army completely from scratch. The only 2 ogre models to survive the crash fully unharmed were ironically my Forgeword RR's (but the 4 that I built are destroyed). Probably Khaine saved them (they were in my Dark Elf/eldar carrying case beside the ogres)

In other news, my Space Marines all passed their armour saves and not one of them is broken. They weren't even in a carrying case, but sitting in an open box!

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

I feel for you. Though my Pontiac Sunfire happened to be a 5 year old brother!

Anyway I took it as a sign to drop playing 40k and start up Fantasy! Maybe Khaine thinks your ogres are blasphemous and that you should try something new fresh and exciting?

I feel like a fortune teller saying that. Anyway good luck with whatever you choose, I truly sympathise.

PS. Time to take out insurance on your models? :P
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D4 I4
Equip: Sword, Light Armour, blackpowder pistol, 4 bullets, 2GP.
Skills:
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Oh that is so so so lame, I feel sorry for you. I went home for Mid-Year break and found out that my mother had binned 2000pts of my Druchii in June, so I know sort of what it feels like to lose that much of an investment.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Zakath the slaughterer
Master of Puppets

Post by Zakath the slaughterer »

Woah, that's rough..

Good that you're OK :) Maybe, as T'Keela said, it is time to start something new and exciting? I'm really sorry about the Ogres, though.. You should really repair them as much as you can, IMO. They earn it, don't they?
Master of puppets I'm pulling your strings/
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams/
Blinded by me, you cant see a thing/
Just call my name, `cause Ill hear you scream
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

Worst part, the other guy drove off. All my money in the next few months is going into repairing my car and my insurance rates that have almost doubled. Cause he drove off, it's 100% my fault.

I haven't used my ogres in a long time anyways, I've been enjoying 40k all summer and still slogging through painting my 85 witch elf list. It's just sad cause they were my favourite army. I custom built so many of the models and got a lot better at the hobby when I did that army. They are always my back-up army when I can't finish painting for a tournament or want a quick game. You might say they were always there for me ;)

But I've gotten better at painting since then. After Christmas I'll re-build (asking for lots of warhammer for the holidays...) and make them better. besides, I still have all 400 of my gnoblars at home! and maybe we'll hear some rumors of a new OK book... :roll:

Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Ensis ferrae
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Ensis ferrae »

Its good that you are OK, the weather really sucks sometimes.

but, since he drove off, then it should be a hit-and-run, right?? and therefore, you file a police report, the 5-o find this guy, and you take him to the cleaners, make him pay for the repairs, the minis, everything
Comrade igor
Daemon in Disguise

Post by Comrade igor »

Use this opportunity to get that filthy daemon army you always wanted and go rage on some kiddies on GW ala Frank Castle from The Punisher!
Best Regards, Comrade Igor.

Where there's a Whip there's a Way
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Worst part, the other guy drove off. All my money in the next few months is going into repairing my car and my insurance rates that have almost doubled. Cause he drove off, it's 100% my fault.

That's terrible. Did you report him to the police? Might be worth doing so if you haven't, as I think that's a crime? Even without the number plate, they may be able to track him. At the very least you can show the police report to the insurance company to show it wasn't your fault and that it has been reported to the police. I Might be wrong on that one though...

Does your insurance not cover the content of items damaged in your car? If it does, it might be worth getting a professional evaluation of how much the orges would have been worth and charging that to the insurers along with the car costs? I'm sure you could get an estimate provided by your local GW or model shop.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Dumbledore
Dark Rider

Post by Dumbledore »

deathknight27 wrote:

That's terrible. Did you report him to the police? Might be worth doing so if you haven't, as I think that's a crime? Even without the number plate, they may be able to track him. At the very least you can show the police report to the insurance company to show it wasn't your fault and that it has been reported to the police. I Might be wrong on that one though...

Does your insurance not cover the content of items damaged in your car? If it does, it might be worth getting a professional evaluation of how much the orges would have been worth and charging that to the insurers along with the car costs? I'm sure you could get an estimate provided by your local GW or model shop.

No idea how it works wherever you guys live but that's exactly how it works in the UK. My family got hit-and-run by some white van man and a police report sorted it. The evaluation thing is a very good idea.
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

It is a hit and run, however, my insurance company still requires someone who is at fault, even if the perpetrator ran off. I have filed a police report, however, they (and the insurance company) don't care about any belongings in my vehicle.
Either way, my insurance goes up. It's just the difference between it doubling or going further. Since it's still my first year driving (until the end of the month!) it goes up quickly for any accident.

Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

It is a hit and run, however, my insurance company still requires someone who is at fault, even if the perpetrator ran off. I have filed a police report, however, they (and the insurance company) don't care about any belongings in my vehicle.

That's not good :( I'd look at changing insurance companies!

Like Dumbledore, I'm also from the UK. Many years ago my mobile phone went missing while we were playing arcades (yeah, I'm cool, I know). I filed a police report and the insurance promptly paid the cash.
Cathel
Noble

Post by Cathel »

I am sorry for you and your Ogres, Kefka.
I hope you can salvage as much as possible of the big ones.

And I know about the insureance companies, had a lot of trouble with them myself.
Hit and run is bad.
If they were not sitting on our land, I would not spend a single bolt on the Asur.
How to tell apart the elves:
Men run naked - Asrai
Women run naked - Druchii
Don't know whether man or woman - Asur
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Unlucky Kefka, and a real shame about the Ogres... but I have to be the one to ask, do you drive a Fiat? :lol:
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

Wait Kefka you weren't the person who did the Heavy Metal Ogre Band are you? Cause if you were...they were amazing.
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D4 I4
Equip: Sword, Light Armour, blackpowder pistol, 4 bullets, 2GP.
Skills:
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

Kinslayer wrote:Unlucky Kefka, and a real shame about the Ogres... but I have to be the one to ask, do you drive a Fiat? :lol:

Haha, no, nowhere near that much awesome.I have a 1997 toyata 4 runner I got from daddy after he bought a an Audi TT (woohoo midlife crisis parents!)

T'Keela wrote:Wait Kefka you weren't the person who did the Heavy Metal Ogre Band are you? Cause if you were...they were amazing.

Yes I did, and thank you. They were lucky enough to still be at home and undamaged.

Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Kefka wrote:
T'Keela wrote:Wait Kefka you weren't the person who did the Heavy Metal Ogre Band are you? Cause if you were...they were amazing.

Yes I did, and thank you. They were lucky enough to still be at home and undamaged.

I don't want to derail, but... pics! This sounds awesome.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

There are pics Belial, in the P&M section, a few months back.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

Sarubel
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Sarubel »

such a shame... I love me some ogres.
Death is my meat; terror, my wine.
Willmark
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Willmark »

Damn dude that sucks!
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

I know this isn't the right thread for that, but: Damn, those are cool. Lucky they didn't die with the rest.
Sarubel
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Sarubel »

kefka, I think you should pull a kefka and become an omniscient god within your own tower and shoot the Eye of Judgement on those that have sinned against you.
Death is my meat; terror, my wine.