Babylon Scenes From Movie Intolerance (1916)

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Karak Norn Clansman
Beastmaster

Babylon Scenes From Movie Intolerance (1916)

Post by Karak Norn Clansman »

The movie director D.W. Griffith's strange and highly expensive film Intolerance from 1916 is to date the only movie featuring independent Babylon that I know of. Fantastical sets. There are elephant sculptures in there for some reason, but overall it looks rather brilliant in black-and-white, or perhaps aged sepia.

Check out its Babylon scenes sometime for the visuals! (The only Youtube videos with only-Babylon-scenes have atrocious video quality.)

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Babylon Scenes From Movie Intolerance (1916)

Post by Calisson »

Impressive! Good finding. Thanks for sharing.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Wow - they went to a lot of work to build that - impressive.

I love this old style work - lately i have been researching old drawings for a project I have been working on - there is some truly amazing work
Humberto Wehner
Slave on the Altar

Post by Humberto Wehner »

In the twenties Intolerance was the most famous film in the world, but not many people have seen it today. It was a spectacular, four-hour-long production designed by D. W. Griffith to show how war and intolerance had marred human history throughout the ages. I found this https://publicistpaper.com/how-to-find- ... -an-essay/ article that will teach me how to find inspiration from movies to write an essay.