Alternative Hyrdas

Discuss the art of war for the Dark Elves and the inferior races that dare to oppose them here.

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Johnnyb
Slave on the Altar

Alternative Hyrdas

Post by Johnnyb »

Hey guys first time posting here!

Im returning to warhammer after a 5+ year break break (and oh boy am I lost with this new age stuff).

Anyway around the end of the 6th edition there was a downloadable PDF which included three alternative rules and conversation guide for the old war hydra. I am chasing this PDF. I believe it was first featured in a white dwarf magazine ages before being put on the website so even if you can tell me the magazine that would be super helpful.

I believe it was the storm of chaos era. One of the Hydras was call Veteran Hydra, another was converted to be three headed and had some scars and was painted blue. The third I have no memory at all of.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ts1HdLGjywM/R ... rHydra.gif

This is the version of the Hydra used.

If anyone can help me out I would truly be thankful.

P.S sorry if this is in the wrong area
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Re: Alternative Hyrdas

Post by direweasel »

I was thinking it was in one of the "Annual General's Compendiums" they were doing for a while...but I can't remember for sure.

I have a few of those at home, I will try to remember to look for it when I get home from work today.
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

I suggest you send a PM to Saintofm. IIRC, he is working on an AoS version of the hydra variant rules, so I assume he knows exactly where the original article can be found.

EDIT: Actually, no need. It's in the 2002 Annual. And, huh, turns out it was written by Erik Mogensen, who was a Druchii.net member back then. I'd forgotten that. Does that help? If you still can't find the PDF... err... PM me, but do it very soon while I'm still in the same country as my 2002 Annual and old WDs.

EDIT2: Well, that was easier than I thought. It was originally in WD260. I cannot find the PDF online anywhere, but there may be other solutions.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
Johnnyb
Slave on the Altar

Post by Johnnyb »

Awesome thank you both so much. Im in no rush to find it if you dont have the PDF, (I have a spare unassembled hydra that has waited 5 year so it can wait a little longer). But now that I know where Im looking I can start tracking it all down
Johnnyb
Slave on the Altar

Post by Johnnyb »

Actually would it be possible to get a photo/scan of that article from you?
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

It's best if you send me a PM, Johnnyb. GW's legal department probably doesn't care too much about copyright on rules from three editions ago, but I don't want to risk making trouble for Druchii.net.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

I've brought it up a couple of times. The first time was for 8th edd and the discusion of the thread was to see how they could work in it, and I brought it up again in this one. Here's the latest thread.

http://druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=165&t=77522
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra