Dread Elves background

This forum is created in support of the development of http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?board/5-elves-of-darkness/

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Dread Elves background

Post by Calisson »

Sorry, only now do I realize that the information has not been relayed here.

Here is a supplement with background only, telling more about T9A's Dread Elves.
Enjoy!
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Bobba Looba
Corsair

Re: Dread Elves background

Post by Bobba Looba »

I'm not sure if you posted the right url.
I'm on mobile, but for me it links to the general community page of the site.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

You're right, the link was cut off.
Post updated.
Try Here.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

How are Dark Elves progressing in the 9th age? Must say I am very out of touch these days with what is going on.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Background speaking, there are similarities with WH (most units have an equivalent, they have settled in the continent corresponding to North America).
However, there are very significant differences.
First, it is lower fantasy than WH. There is more realism in how all factions have room to survive and produce combatants. Also, there is no eternal war between two factions because they dislike each other.
Specifically, T9A's DE are not WH sadistic faction. Sure, they do enslave most other factions, but for them it is like to domesticate; indeed, they do not enslave the other Elves. The slaver corsairs have sort of merged with the beastmaster theme, which is now very developed, to represent the predatory part of the faction. The religious part is a bit less developed than in WH, but still can make a decent sub-theme. The citizen theme is the most developed.

Now, from a power level point of view, that is the strong point of T9A, there is no good or bad faction, they are all leveled at a quite low power level, forcing the players to win by maneuvre rather than win by the most powerful unit.
Internally, all units have a role and are adequately priced for that role. That means, no unit in T9A is too expensive for what it can do.
For the new edition of DE, this stage has not been reached, the book is still in alpha stage, expected to reach beta any day.
Cthelthmoore
Trainee Warrior

Post by Cthelthmoore »

Very cool, I must give T9A a shot sometime