The Druchii.net Battle Records

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

i dont understand quite what you mean, you can include advise in your summary if you wish but the real place for that is the tactics forum. This thread is for you to post battles and get onto the masters of the druchii leaderboard. The summary is only to prove you played the games, and all the required fields are there.
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

Username: WalrusM3
Result: Loss
Game Size: 1,000pts
Opponent's Army: Daemons of chaos (Different opponent)
Word Summary: Well at first I had the edge, since I was using the hydra which my friend had no clue on how good it was. He came up with the stradegy to lure his bloodletters and hide his beast of nurgle. He couldn't of done it with his plaguebearers, but I only remembered (By the end of the battle) that breath weapons stopped stopped regeneration.
When my hydra came up, it breathed on three bloodletters and killed them, but he charged with his bloodletters and flanked with his beast of nurgle on it. They did one ones, but I killed seven bloodletters!!!
I charged in with my Cold one knights against his beast of nurgle. Sadly though the bloodletters killed off the hydra soon or later and a spell backfired on my sorceress ripping apart four repeater crossbowmen next to her. My corsairs also charged his plague bearer unit while it had Misma (Or something) and they got slaugther and things kept going worse for me.

Either way it was a fair battle and I didn't lose too badly, I still killed nine bloodletters and beast of nurlge.
Sanity... is for the weak!
Vicinity
Trainee Warrior

Post by Vicinity »

Though it is tempting to only post the wins here, what would be the point?

Username: Vicinity
Result: Draw
Game Size: 2250
Opponent's Army: VC (Yes, same as before)
Special Circumstances: Pitched Battle
50-100 Word Summary: This game was chaos! An endless string of questionable decisions from both players. It was charges this way charges that way, needless to say it didn't go as either of us had planned. In the end all that remained was his unit of Wraiths and ethereal Vampire and on my side my three Crossbowmen units, one Bolt thrower and half a unit of Executioners.

Lessons learned? 1. Yes, crossbowmen are in fact quite capable of taking down a Dragon (who knew? :P)! 2. For Khaine's sake, bring some magical attacks, of some kind!!!
The golden arrow
Cold One Knight

Post by The golden arrow »

Username: The Golden Arrow
Result: Win
Opponent's Army: Wood Elves

Summary: Most of the action went on in the right side. My magic was pretty poor (sometimes my oppoent got more magic through than me in my magic phase :roll:), but I did manage to fly my lord with exec axe into his treeman that I readily chopped up (I did something like 12 wounds). He was later charged by wild riders thogh and fluffed big time and was run down.

I combo charged my hydra and a chariot into his eternal guards (there were some dryads in the way, but they got cleared up) in the wood (my chariot coped fine) but the chariot fluffed and my hydra got killed (he charged it in the flank with wardancers). The only one that did anything was my last handler who killed his bsb. Both the handler and chariot broke and the chariot ran into some wild riders and died (not before it got most of them though). My assasin later flew and killed his spellweaver and some wardancers, but I couldn't kill his last eternal guards. Still it was a win to me.

Username: The Golden Arrow
Opponent's Army: Scaven

Summary: His WLC was ridiculus this game killing both my hydra and two chariots before being run down by some harpies. His grey seer took two wounds from his bell though and my assasin flew in and finished him off. The assasin fled, but rallied and ran rampage through his army killing two slave units and a unit of plague monks. He got most of my support units, but my magic was really effective now when he had no defence and he took some serious damage. He had many units at half strength at the end though so I only won by about 600 points.
Cathel
Noble

Post by Cathel »

Username: Cathel
Game Size: 1000 pts
Opponent's Army: Dwarves
Special Circumstances: Was to be a game vs OnG, but the player did not show up. So I used the same army setup, which left me behind a bit with 160 pts to a sorc which could not do much due to facing off with 3 power dice vs 6 dispel dice.
50-100 Word Summary:
Dwarf player was fielding 15 warriors with runesmith, 10 crossbows, 15 ironbreakers with thain and a ballista and an organ gun.
In the first turn my shades shot one crew man from the organ gun, which blasted them apart in return. I expected more from BS 5.
The hydra was definetly the game winner. It took apart the crossbows on its own (okay with handlers) and took a salvo from the organ gun and survived.
The fast setup enabled me to kill his warmachines in turn 3 with dr and harpies.
Even though in round 1 and 3 both COC and COK went stupid they managed to kill off the ironbreakers with the help of a DR unit. Though fear causing did not help much, they were immune to fear and terror. The upgrade to S4 helped me very much, otherwise the prolonged combat against the IB (managed to hold by rolling 3 in round 4 and 2 in round 5) would have worked against me.

Main Advice:
If using a sorc against dwarves, take the dagger, everything else is not going to work (he brought a rune to convert my power die to his dispel die).
Even with the strength upgrade (COC, COK) do not go for long combats. I lost 4 COK and 3 DR to the ironbreakers in following rounds of combat.

edit: Added the summary and advice, which was there when typing but somehow got lost in posting, due to druchii net not listing me as logged in...
changed "massacre" to "win"
Last edited by Cathel on Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If they were not sitting on our land, I would not spend a single bolt on the Asur.
How to tell apart the elves:
Men run naked - Asrai
Women run naked - Druchii
Don't know whether man or woman - Asur
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

i will put your score into the leaderboard this time, but you must include a summary. also please state loss/win/draw, not massacre.

i should have another game to post soon, playing my 2nd 7th edition Druchii game after dinner, hopefully this one will turn out better than the first :evil:
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

Username: SilverHeimdall
Game Size: 1000 (me) vs 1100
Opponent's Army: Orcs & Goblins
Special Circumstances: Mighty Empires Campaign, I had Scout Event (opponent deploys his entire army first and I get first turn)
50-100 Word Summary: Bad Dice Roll on his part for most of the game but he made a few critical errors such as declaring the Waaagh while still too far away and hoping for a high roll, this allowed me to charge him and completely run him down in the center, while my Hydra terrified goblins away that never rallied, actually, 3 units were terrorized out of the table. He kept hoping to roll high enough on random 2d6 movements and I kept playing by moving away and fleeing if it actually reached. Outmanoeuvred & Outplayed.

Game Size: 2000
Opponent's Army: Empire (Cavalry heavy, low Shooting)
Special Circumstances:
50-100 Word Summary: First time I was going up against so many units of 1+ Armor Save. He still had 2 big blocks of swordsmen as support and static CR but I dealt with those rather easily.. Mengil's (CoB +1Attack) + Chariot into the front of his BSB's block, won combat by 17. Hydra's breath killing 11 swordsmen in the other block and they fled through 3 other units. After that his General's Knight block was charged by my corsairs and my cold one knights, completely defeated him. Meanwhile I was having fun with his other units of 1+ save because he had no place to manoeuvre em.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Username: Heartrender
Result: win
Opponent's Army: wood elves
Special Circumstances: none
50-100 Word Summary: magic. massacre. or more specifically, soul stealer. sums it up. i ran a lvl4 on pegasus and 2 lvl 2s, one of whom had tome of furion, and all of them got this spell. I got it off on the first turn with irresistable force, and twice more throughout the game. I nailed down on the magic phase, i miscast bladewind on the lvl4 but rolled double 6! meaning i cast with IF even though i forgot it afterwards! completely destroyed his army with magic, and even ran down the treeman with corsairs!
Thomus darkblade
Shade

Post by Thomus darkblade »

Username:Thomus Darkblade
Opponent's Army: Nurgle Beasts of chaos
Special Circumstances: n/a
50-100 Word Summary:
Dark riders shot down a shaggoth on turn one, minotaurs rolled poorly and were cut down by dark riders, Hydra was charged by a giant, and lived to be thumped twice with a club. Opponent conceded turn 4

b]Opponent's Army:[/b] Lizardmen
50-100 Word Summary:
Failed stupidity test saw a stegadon charge CoKs in the flank, overrun into the black guard, who took 12 casualties, and held. next turn, unit champ chops off the stegadon's head. spearelves with assasin take and hold saurus for long enough for the hydra to bail them out.

b]Opponent's Army:[/b] Skaven
Special Circumstances: No Magic
50-100 Word Summary:
Total blow out, black guard take combo charge from 2 units of rat ogres and do 19 wounds. Circle around to face Stormvermin death star, Shades kill several units, capturing a standard in the process.

b]Opponent's Army:[/b] Empire
50-100 Word Summary:
Dragon takes a charge from the greatswords, beating them handily untill they are outnumbered by a fear causing enemy and break. Hellblaster misfire kills the 2 wizards hanging out with it. opponent concedes, turn 5

Game Size: 3000
b]Opponent's Army:[/b] Skaven
50-100 Word Summary:
Dragon mage spends much of the game dicking around. black guard are shot down from 17 to 2, but proceed to capture 4 standards, including the battle standard. Dreadlord with the Executioner's axe kills defensive warlord (cautious shield, 4+ ward) with 3 points of overkill in the first round. I was really sweating this one until my 4 black guard beat his stormvermin death star by 5 and ran them down. Opponent concedes turn 5.

Total score - 28
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Thomus Darkblade wrote:Total score - 28

...points maybe, but i assure you your total score is 6.
Archon_matt
Cold One Knight

Post by Archon_matt »

Username: Archon_Matt
Result: Win.
Opponent's Army: High Elves.
Special Circumstances: My first game with 7th Edition Druchii, his first game versus them. He was looking for his first win against me.
50-100 Word Summary:His battle line is thin, but he outnumbers and outflanks me. I tear apart his left and right flanks with War Hydras, slaughter his pimped-out Mage with an Assassin (disguised as a Shade) who moved out of a building, then used the Cloak of Twilight to get a charge he didn't see coming. Said Assassin killed Mage, overran into Bolt Thrower, killed crew, then ran into Spearman's flank, slaughters Champion and breaks the unit :D. My Dreadlord on chariot + 2 Hydras slaughter his pimped-out Silver Helms + Lord, his army is destroyed/fleeing on Turn 4. I lost a unit of Dark Riders and 2 Units of Corsairs, nothing more.

Opponent's Army: Dark Elves.
Special Circumstances: His first game with the Druchii, my first game with amended army list. Throughout the game, we were telling each other our plans and strategies (in order for me to show him how to play/help him).
50-100 Word Summary: Similar to first game, but he's dead by Turn 3. Highlight of the game: I took out his Hydras with my Assassin and a Sorceress with Flaming Sword of Rhuin.

Opponent's Army: High Elves.
Special Circumstances: Another game with that High Elf player from the above (first) game. Once again, he looks for his first win. We had an hour in which to play.
50-100 Word Summary: He concedes on the end of Turn 3 (mainly cause he had to go). Highlights: I slaughter the same Mage as in the first game with the same Assassin in the exact same way (charged with CoT). I take out 90% of an Archer unit with a Hydra breath weapon (heeheehee).
I am a proud member of The League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
8th Edition
W/L/D
10/2/0

Sirenis Helbane (Group 35)
WS:4 S:4 T:2 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Heavy Armour, Helmet, Draich, Dagger (Combat).
Skills: Basic Heal
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

Username: Dangerous Beans
Date: Monday 19th August 2008
Game Size: 2250pts
Opponent's Army: Leo's 2250pt Dark Elf army at the Oxford Gaming Club.
Special Circumstances: None - it was a Pitched Battle.
50-100 Word Summary: I surprised myself this game as it looked like a loss for me early on with some exceptional shooting on his part - taking apart my 2 hand weapon unit of shades and the dark riders with his 2 reapers. His Dreadlord on Manticore then charged into my large unit of Warriors & Master simultaneously with his Dark Riders into my flank. My pendent wielding Master challenged his lord and dealt the manticore 3 wounds with soulrender - his attacks pinged off the pendent, the riders fluffed their attacks and I cut down 2 of them. The manticore fled towards some trees, in my following turn I charged his fleeing lord with my remaining shade and he hit the trees, dying. From there my magic took presidence along with my hydra who torched the majority of his remaining army.

Username: Dangerous Beans
Date: 23rd August 2008 at Toms House
Result: Loss
Game Size: 6000pts
Opponent's Army: Vampire Counts and Wood Elves.
Special Circumstances: a 4 way multiplayer game - we randomised the allies before we deployed - I was allied with Asur (:shock:!). We played a special version of domination with each table quarter rewarding 1 VP and a central objective that gave 2 VPs in the same manner as table quarters (ie. nullified if it was contested) if a unit of 5+US was within 6". Game length = 8 turns.
50-100 Word Summary:Well we each had a quarter to deploy our whole army in - I opposed the Vamps and the Asur faced an Asrai army with 3 treemen. The Vamps had a lord on foot in 20 Wights with a Wight BSB (with the regen banner) and a lord on dragon. Ugh. I started well - killing the dragon vamp with my Exe Axe wielding Dreadlord after the dragon was soften up (it lost 4 wounds) from RxB fire. The majority of his army plowed down the centre and this was where I lost it. The Vamps unit was unstoppable. 3 times we destroyed the 19 wights through shooting and/or combat but our magic defence wasnt strong enough to prevent the multiple invocations cast on it to refill its ranks. That enemy unit chewed through my CoKs, Hydra, Black Guard (and BSB with Hydra Banner), Dreadlord and CO Chariot. Ugh. Even with Morathi my magic phase was nullified each turn and so couldnt do much to stop the remaining 2 units of Cairn Wraiths running amok. The Asur took beatings from the 3 treemen and teleporting unit of Waywatchers - leaving him with 1 unit of archers and a star dragon (who through the game killed off 2 of the treemen and remained locked in combat with the 3rd - a treeman lord with the annoyance of nettlings). Our 2 armies - Druchii and Asur were fairly balanced (with Star Dragon and Morathi aside) whilst the Vamps were pretty beastly and the Woodies were SICKLY cheesy. Nuff said. In the end we ran out of contestable units with a 5-0 loss (the star dragon contested the remaining quarter with the treeman lord).

- Beanz
Last edited by Dangerous Beans on Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

Game Size: 1000 pts or so (see Special), allied with brets
Opponent's Army: Vampire Counds
Special Circumstances: Mighty Empires 2v1 492+626 vs 1070 (Gold spending!)
50-100 Word Summary: Well with the fast Bret lances readying for charges, I moved up as well.
VC wasn't scared and got too close - magic phase did not go well and we were safe from the annoying VC magic! Second turn, we ram everything into the skeleton blocks and break through - my Corsair Champion under Frenzy killed the VC general.. a quick victory.. quite unexpected (4 attacks, 4 hits, 3 wounds for some lucky reason and 2 failed armor saves (3+ save) with no wards)

A Lesson learned for that VC: protect your general!
Coeur de lion
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Coeur de lion »

Username: Coeur de Lion
Result: Loss (Solid Victory to opponent)
Game Size: 2500 points
Opponent's Army: Daemons of Chaos (Nurgle & Tzeentch mix mostly)
Special Circumstances: None
50-100 Word Summary:
First game with DE under new rules did ok. Initial turns were hampered by 3 units of nurgling scouts and Slaaneshi fiends. Faced an awful combination of 2 plaguebearer blocks, each with a palanquin herald with vapours, eternal virulence banners, stubborn banner BSB and Epidemius plus Beast of Nurgle.
Despite solid breathing from both Hydras and combine charges with CoK, Hydras, BG with ASF banner and Chariot falied to do nothing more than knock a few models off. My magic (lvl4 on peg, 2 x lvl 2s) was nullified by his 9 dispel dice due to cheap 10 man horror blocks. Despite doing an insane number of wounds, I just couldn't break through and the game was called at end of turn 4 due to time restrictions.
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

Game Size: 1,000pts (I wanted it to be 2,000...)
Opponent's Army: High elves
Word Summary: It started off, not so good. I had accidently placed my corsairs running forward head on into the high elf firing line (curse me and my recklesness) and they were getting poured on, but my Cold one knights with general were luckly enough to hit into the spearmen unit, but they were actually able to hold when I could of killed one more and outnumbered and autobreak curses.
My corsairs eventually ran, with high elf fire still hitting down on them, my knights broke the the spearmen and hit into another unit of archers. My assassin had appeared and assassinate a lone mage but underestimated the line of sight and got pulverized.
Afterwards, my cold knights with general kept running amok in the high elf line until I won, thanks to the ring of hotek, rink of darkness and the banner of Hag graef, super expensive but super kick ass
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Username: Heartrender
Result: loss
Game Size: 1000
Opponent's Army: wood elves
Special Circumstances: none
50-100 Word Summary: first game in a mini campaign we are playing, hence why its only small, and losing means my opponent starts with 500 points more than me in the next one too. My sorceress lvl 2 on pegasus miscast her first spell and wounded herself, but the rest of my army was doing well til round 4 when i had really bad dice. I lost 10 harpies and 10 riders in one turn, and my corsairs got run down by treeman. Fun game, i ended up with 5 crossbowmen and a sorceress bordering me 2 table quaters, while my enemy had treeman, 6 dryads, noble and 2 table quatrers.
- human
Adept of Khaine

Post by - human »

Username: - Human
Opponent's Army: Dwarfs
Special Circumstances: Pitched Battle, Capture Objectives
50-100 Word Summary: A very tight game. Dark Elf shooting performed great, I'm really noticing the boost to the repeater crossbow, as armour piercing makes it much more useful against armoured foes like the dwarfs. S4 on the elites made all the difference, and COK performed marvellously. Although I didn't use dark riders, all the extra infantry models added a lot of durability to the army.
- Human
Coeur de lion
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Coeur de lion »

Username: Coeur de Lion
Result: Win (Solid victory - near massacre)
Game Size: 2500 points
Opponent's Army: High Elves
Special Circumstances: None
50-100 Word Summary:
I took Malekith on foot to try him out and he rewarded me in the first turn, with his spell shield inflicting 4 S6 hits on the HE archmage, killing him! Scouting shade knocked a couple of Dragon princes off early on who then subsequently beaten after charging the Hydra. Saw off a bolt thrower with Bladewind and my 5 harpies tied up 2 eagles for almost 2 turns. Swordmasters broke from me assassin boosted Execs and the sea guard were crushed by the Hydra.

Finally took out the Phoenix Guard with Execs, BG and Hydra. Lion chariot and an eagle bounced off the Cauldron and died. Very satisfying win!
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

Username : Dangerous Beans
Date: 25th August 2008 round at Adams house
Result : Draw
Game Size : 2000
Opponent's Army : Daemons of Chaos
Special Circumstances : a fight to death along the length-ways of the board rather than width - VPs were used once one army remained.
50-100 Word Summary : Same as Human's: a very tight game. The cauldron had a massive impact - helping the black guard to kill off a unit of 4 juggers+herald with the 12" stubborn banner, as well as shed loads of bloodletters and several plaguebearers. The witch elves sliced through the daemonettes and my experimental lord held up beautifully without taking a single wound - alas though, he was run down flat by the stampeding bloodcrushers!
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

Game Size: 2,000pts
Opponent's Army: Vampire count
Word Summary: At the beginning I was well outmanourvered, I was forced to either hold my position or run forward by masses of skeletons. So what I was commit another suicide charge with my Cold one knights and ran through a skeleton unit and into the Necromancer and vampire, which messed him up quite nicely.
His bloodknights then charged my corsairs, but my assassin popped out and wiped out all of them in one slash (Bad armour save rolls). While my black guard took the swarm of them as well, with hordes of skeletons charging against them, they were grevily outnumbered, but as intended, for they managed to slash 'n' hack until there was no more!
In thy end the vampire count made up by using his spirit hosts charge my crossbowmen and sorceress, beating them in combat and running them down. He also charged his black knight unit into my black guard, which I top with flanking them with my Cold one knights hitting them, but he bet my dreadlord in duel and got sackfull of victory points. I still won in the end though.
Malcom
Warrior

Post by Malcom »

Username: Malcom
[b]Result:loss
[b]Game Size:1000
[b]Opponent's Army:Demons
[b]Special Circumstances:First Time Against Demons
[b]50-100 Word Summary: This Game was actually played Twice.......
I tried to use a traditional army with DR, COK, and DEW. It was decimated. Basically he marched straight across the board magicing me to pieces before he closed to finish the job. Even in hand to hand he pounded me.

After the First battle I changed up the army a little puting in some assasins and far more magic. I faired better the second time but with much the same result as in the first battle. I would say ignorance of my opponents army hurt me more than anything else. There are a ton of special rules for Demons that I need to learn to be competitive.
Do onto others, Before they can Do onto You....
Malcom
Warrior

Post by Malcom »

Username:Malcom
Result:Minor Victory
Game Size:1500
Opponent's Army:Orcs
Special Circumstances:
50-100 Word Summary: 5 Orc Boar Boys with General flanked by wolf riders on th outside and squigs on the inside. After some lows I was down to a general and sorceres on mounts. My opponent had most of his army. I kept forcing his general to flee with charges while wittling away his army with magic. It was interesting. I could not win in HTH so I avoided it the entire game. Ended it with only my sorceress.
Do onto others, Before they can Do onto You....
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

just puttin myself a little marker in so i know how far down ive updated ~ Heartrender
Alkatchoff
Corsair

Post by Alkatchoff »

Username: Alkatchoff
Result: Win (Minor Victory)
Game Size: 1000pts
Opponent's Army: Empire
Special Circumstances: Trying out lists for a tournament.
50-100 Word Summary: Essentially, I conceded a flank to my opponent's main hammer unit (Knights + Luthor Huss) to take on the rest of his army. His hammer killed off 10 Crossbowmen and my bolt thrower, while I killed his handgunners, Knights, spear/archer detachments and brought his Greatswords with BSB down to one model. I failed to kill the last Greatsword in the last turn, and so couldn't get enough VP's for a massacre.

Username: Alkatchoff
Result: Win (Massacre)
Game Size: 1000pts
Opponent's Army: Empire
Special Circumstances:Trying another wacky list for the tournament
50-100 Word Summary: Terrible dice on my opponent's side cost him his Greatswords and BSB to my spearmen, and later his Luthor Huss/Knight unit was panicked off the board by the Rule of Burning Iron. In the end, I only lost a bolt thrower, while he had 5 Knighs and a spearman regiment left.
Rebmonk
Shade

Post by Rebmonk »

Username: Rebmonk
Result: Win for the Dark Elves!!
Game Size: 1000 points each
Opponent's Army: Vampire Counts
Special Circumstances:
50-100 Word Summary: So we're starting warhammer back up at our hobby store and had our first fantasy night. I got squared up against vampire counts, and it was a fun game. The Hydra was able to hold down some skeletons and grave guard on the right flank. The turning point was when he put his necromancer by himself. A rain of bolts finished him quickly, and ensured I had magic superiority. After that it was raining down crossbow bolts and bladewinds to finish off his skeletons. And of course the CoK were on the left flank being stupid.