Welcome to the D.net Battle Records 09 Season.

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Up to Date!!!

Sorry about delays but Uni life demands less net time...

Should be sorted out soon though.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
22over7
Dark Rider

Post by 22over7 »

Username: 22over7
Result: WIN
Game Size: 1250
Opponent's Army: WoC
Special Circumstances: Campaign rules (max: 1 lord, 1 hero, 1 special and 0 rare)
50-100 Word Summary: Two very small armies. I took 3x5DRs with xbows, harpies, a Lvl4 on a Peg, Cauldron and Shades. He had 2 units of hounds, 1 of maraurders, 1 of warriors and one of knights with a Lvl4 on manticore. He deployed his CW and CK on my right flank and the rest of his army in the centre. I put the majority of my army on the left flank and harpies on the right, which worked very effectively at march blocking. After his moves, my turn one saw me wipe out the left side of the board and with me march blocking his CW and CK with harpies on the right all my efforts focused on the manticore. My Sorc miscast twice and with the puppet the second time led to a 4 being modified to a 2, pop. His wizard didn't last much longer and at the end the rest of his army made it and we decided on CC. A very to and fro game but final score was me 1,220 him 1,069 a MV by 2pts! Yippee.
When a young Malekith failed to complete his maths homework, Morathi was overheard saying to his friends "He's not the future Pheonix King, he's a very naughty boy".

DE 7ed W6/D3/L6
22over7
Dark Rider

Post by 22over7 »

Result: LOSS
Game Size: 2000
Opponent's Army: Druchii
Special Circumstances: Marauder Mitch 2 ("MM2")
50-100 Word Summary: I was massacred :). Despite MM2's help, the deployment of my DR's meant that they were cannon fodder for his gunline. Not being able to get to his lines meant that after my support were picked off, what was left of my centre were easy pickings for his rxbs and RBTs. Tactics and deployment aside the game highlighted some severe weaknesses in my list's construction, which were successfully exploited. While I am loathe to admit it (for modelling reasons), I don't think I am up to using 3*5 DRs effectively enough. I also think harpie screens and support magic are essentials that I was lacking.
When a young Malekith failed to complete his maths homework, Morathi was overheard saying to his friends "He's not the future Pheonix King, he's a very naughty boy".

DE 7ed W6/D3/L6
Cathel
Noble

Post by Cathel »

Username: Cathel
Result: Win
Game Size: 1250
Opponent's Army: Warriors of Chaos, Khorne
Special Circumstances: None
50-100 Word Summary:
For the first time I tried to do some redirecting / baiting, Khorne being a very good enemy for this.
Though I set it to work once, I did not do so to the full use. I should have baited his unit more out of center instead of just forward. But it worked out in the end.

For full report see:
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=741197#741197
If they were not sitting on our land, I would not spend a single bolt on the Asur.
How to tell apart the elves:
Men run naked - Asrai
Women run naked - Druchii
Don't know whether man or woman - Asur
22over7
Dark Rider

Post by 22over7 »

Game Size: 1350 vs 675
Opponent's Army: Wood Elves
Special Circumstances: Special Scenario
50-100 Word Summary: I expected to be ambushing an O&G caravan and instead was ambushed by Wood Elves. This game was organised by the impartial campaign organiser which is why the deception is acceptable :). I needed to preserve points and my Black Guard successfully hid in the building the entire game. With so few points and my PoD my opponent was very much out magiced and chillwind and WoP partially neutralised his shooting. The most despairing moment was when I was shooting at soft covered Glade Guard with Life taker and rolled 1,1,1! In the end I had just under 900 pts left and so won by 200.

DE 7ed W6/D3/L6
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

So here is the Table as it stands as of this update I'm moving it to this post so I do not have to keep jumping back and forth all over the thread.

57 - Alkatchoff (79, 22 )
56 - Cathel (68, 12 )
48 - The Golden Arrow (60, 12 )
39 - 22over7 (54, 15 )
28 - Romulus68 (35, 7 )
26 - Omnichron (33, 7 )
23 - Thomus Darkblade (28 ,5 )
18 - Vicinity (22, 4 )
15 - Archon_Matt (18, 3 )
15 - Silverheimdall (18, 3 )
15 - WalrusM3 (20, 5 )
13 - Dangerous Beanz (19, 6 )
10 - Aspiring Executioner (12, 2 )
10 - Cat-the-odd (14, 4 )
10 - Coeur de Lion (14, 4 )
10 - Dalamar (12, 2 )
10 - fea Keme (12, 2 )
10 - LordMonkey (12, 2 )
8 - SkaerKrow (11, 3 )
5 - Camaris (6, 1 )
5 - Gear22 (8, 3 )
5 - Layne (8, 3 )
5 - Malcom (8, 3 )
5 - Mekhet (6, 1 )
5 - Rebmonk (6, 1 )
5 - shinankoku (6, 1 )
5 - Wrath (6, 1 )
3 - - Human (4, 1 )
3 - Malekith's psychologist (5 , 2 )
3 - Sirius Dragonbrood (4, 1 )
0 - Fuzzydeath (1, 1 )

Keep up the work guys and it's great to see the majority of the games recorded as wins.

Druchii FTW!
Last edited by Zardock on Sun May 31, 2009 10:16 am, edited 6 times in total.

Zardock (Group 27)

22over7
Dark Rider

Post by 22over7 »

Game Size: 1350
Opponent's Army: WoC
Special Circumstances: Campaign 2 heros (max one magic user), 2 spec no rare.
50-100 Word Summary: I faced a cavalry army: 3*5MHorses, 2*5 Hounds, 2*5 Knights a Tzeentch Sorc on disc and a Slaaneshi Exhaulted on Steed. I had 3*5 DRs, 2*5 Harpies, 7 Shades, 14 cheesey BG, an Assassin, CoB and a Master with the Ring. This was a good game, because characters barely featured. MHorses and hounds were no match for DRs and Harpies (equivalent numbers). I did a reasonable job of Slowing the advance of the Knights (albeit largely unintentionally) with my DRs by causing them to fail charges. But once they did get in combat they were deadly. My biggest mistake was to SaS against them with my shades, I hoped that I might drop one from the shades and 1/2 with the MB+RS but ended up killing none :( and being wiped out (although my assassin did manage to put a wound on the exhaulted). They then wiped out my CoB after I had killed the exhaulted in a challenge and reduced them to 3. The other unit had by the end of the game killed half my BG and the one left was holding his own :(. Magic was a non event for both sides.

DE 7ed W6/D3/L6
22over7
Dark Rider

Post by 22over7 »

Game Size: 1,350
Opponent's Army: Empire
Special Circumstances: Campaign (no magic/magic defence by agreement) 2 heros, 1 special, 1 rare.
50-100 Word Summary: This was a rematch of an earlier game which unfortunately had to be abandoned early. I was facing a diverse army sort of gunline with DoW Ogres and 2 units of heavy cavalry. I had CoB, Master on a Dark Peg, Hydra, Shades, DRs, RCBs and Harpies. The first turn was all about positioning, his knights approached for a charge on my shades and my DRs luckily managed to kill his Master's Peg. I blessed the Shades with KB and charged the knights. Unfortunately this is where the game began to fall apart. The knights fled as a reaction and roll high, high enough to bounce across his entire front line and several 6s, 5s and 4s later on Panic rolls nearly all his army was fleeing. A big chunk failed to rally next turn. In the following turns the hydra managed to kill his general and a unit of knights. His ogres wiped out all but one harpy and then fled a charge by my shades, he unsurprisingly rolled 1 and 2 for his flee distance and was run down :(. In the 4th turn my shades killed all but one of his pistoliers and we called it quits at that. :(. My opponent was very unlucky and I was marginally lucky (the only bit of bad luck I had was when my master on DP charged the flank of some crossbow elves, 3Str6 hatred and 2Str5 attacks later only one kill). I did offer on both of his flee reactions the option of replaying with him holding instead but he insisted that he wanted the lesson to stick in his mind. I lost one unit of harpies, 1 shade and 1 DR.

DE 7ed W6/D3/L6
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Username : Layne
Result : loss, boo.
Game Size : 500pts.
Opponent's Army : Skaven
Special Circumstances : Only one character, one warmachine, one rare, one special allowed, and no more than 4 units.
Summary : First turn, sorceress with Familiar blows up seven jezzails with Bladewind, the other three run off the board. Forgets to cast chillwind, and I also forget the next magic phase entirely. Over the next few turns, Dark Riders, then Shades, then the Sorceress are destroyed by Warpfire as my luck with magic runs out. By the last turn, all I have left is ten Corsairs, and I say o what the hell and charge nine Stormvermin, get badly beaten and am completely wiped out. Mustn't forget magic when you spend 160 out of 500pts on it.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

It's up to date.

@ Layne: gotta hate losses mate, your position didn't change at all =( Get back out there and kick some rat ass!!!?

Zardock (Group 27)

Cathel
Noble

Post by Cathel »

Game Size: 1000
Opponent's Army: High elves
50-100 Word Summary:
No BG, no harpies this time, but a COC.
The chariot underpeformed a bit, it died in the first round of combat. it took two rounds from the Ring of Fury and crashed into the phoenix guard, killing 3 by impact and was torn to shreds by ASF from the PG.
Other than that I got really banged by his lv 2 mage, which was helped by an additional spell and the +d3 power dice banner. The biggest problem was the +3 difficulty spell, which wrecked my magic phase.
Besides magic doing nothing and my COC dying an early death, I was able to win again. Mostly because he hasn't gotten used to playing elven style, meaning he was advancing across the board and hoping that each unit was capable of winning a combat on its own. Since I was able to combo charge him, I prevailed though having heavier losses than before.
If they were not sitting on our land, I would not spend a single bolt on the Asur.
Men run naked - Asrai
22over7
Dark Rider

Post by 22over7 »

Game Size: 1,350
Opponent's Army: Skaven
Special Circumstances: Campaign: 2 hero (max 1 wizard) either 2 spec or 1 rare.
50-100 Word Summary: Following on from Layne's performance another beating for the DE's :(. I lined up my force of moderate size against almost 200 models! They have some neat toys and if they get some good rolls off they can be devastating. That being said his general/Lvl1 was warplightening to death when he got double 1s for the number of hits. I made some mistakes too it is fair to say. With such a huge frontage I should have reformed my line to concentrate entirely on one flank and waited for him to come to me. The massed fire of Dark Elves would have slowly whittled down the rats and their Ld. One of the most impressive performances were my harpies. They very easily picked off the small teams. If I had've held back then I could have used my other unit more aggressively in this vain rather than being forced to use them as a screen. In the end however, despite my casualties and the dissappointment as I destroyed unit after unit to be told that's worth 30pts the final result was much closer. He also had 3 qtrs to my 1 and excluding that I would have been ahead on points! A great game and steep learning curve which I needed.

DE 7ed W6/D3/L6
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Up to date and only 2 weeks behind the last post, woops.

Zardock (Group 27)

Lordmonkey
Corsair

Post by Lordmonkey »

Username: Lordmonkey
Game Size: 2250
Opponent's Army: Empire
50-100 Word Summary: Hydra on the right flank, dark riders + harpies on the left, BG, Corsairs, Xbows, Dreadlord, Cauldron, CoK's in the middle, shades + assassin in the trees near the hydra. Hydra + shades held up the pistoliers + outriders + mage lord + captain on pegasus, killing them all eventually. Cannon + Hellstorm rocket blew up turn 1/2 respectively. Harpies killed handgunners, dark riders harrassed some spearmen who (stupidly) turned to face them. RBT's + xbows + rending stars killed the STank by turn 2. BG advanced and killed greatswords + wizard without breaking a sweat. COK's flanked the spearmen with a +1A buff and killed 3 (4+ ward from priest!) but still won and ran them down. Dreadlord flanked a detatchment, overrunning into the flank of some swordsmen, later joined by the harpies in the flank. Corsairs nearly died but took most of the magic + shooting.
Never let my opponent bring his superior numbers to bear. Picked my fights, feigned movements and made sure I kept the cc advantage at all times.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Up to date =D.

Please check out the Special Circumstances thread in the Battle Report Forum if you are interested in spicing up the Battle Records for a change.

Zardock (Group 27)

Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Username: cat-the-odd
Game Size: 850 P.
Opponent's Army: Dwarfs
Special Circumstances: /
50-100 Word Summary: First game in a club I joined recently. I decided to move and attack because I'd be shot to bits if not. My DR took effectively the quarrelers and warriors out of participating for 3 turns, which allowed me to get a shot at the ironbreakers. I managed to kill his general with my assasin, which I could save out of a crippled shade unit. The organ gu shot the Spears, but the assasin was free then and got LOS to the organ.

Comments: Nice opponent, some bad rolls for him. I got 3 spells off - not too bad. Both lists were in my mind "nice".

Lesson learned: Organ gun has 24" range. I'll play similar the next time.
Last edited by Cat-the-odd on Mon May 18, 2009 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
../¨¨¨|
.|ô/ô 9..Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.
.~~ /|...Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.
.|__/\...Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.
.[>o<]...Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Up to date.

Special Circumstance Activated: Complete for Bonus Points

Rules:
-No Banner of Hag Graef.
-No more than 0-1 DRs and 0-1 Harpies
-Must take +2 more core units than the Minimum for the allotted points value. (i.e: 2000pts 5 core, 1000pts 4 core)
-The number of core units in your army must be GREATER than the total number of Special and Rare choices you take.
-NO Hydras
-May only take 1 Reaper Bolt Thrower for every 1000pts in your list. (so 1000pts is 1 and so on....)

Winning with these restrictions on your list will give a +3 points bonus so get out there and win win win.

Note: Drawing/Losing points remain unchanged.

When posting your results just put Special Army Restrictions in the Special Circumstances box in the results table you usually post.

This is to encourage different play styles and will get harder each month. Have fun guys.

Zardock (Group 27)

Cathel
Noble

Post by Cathel »

Result: Draw
Game Size: 1500
Opponent's Army: High elves
Special Circumstances: Partly fulfilled: 1*5 DR, 1*5 harpies, 10 corsairs, 15 spears, 10 rxb, 5 COK, 1 hydra and 10 BG BoHG, 5 shades
50-100 Word Summary:
I tried a magicless approach with one CoB Death Hag and an assassin as only characters. Only magic defense was the RoH on BG champion.
He brought a combat char with the hunter bow (S5, 3 shots) and two mages, helped by the sorcery banner in a unit of 10 PG.
It went better than I hoped, but the CoB did not help me that much. Which I account to my first time using it rather than it's capabilities.
I advanced slowly on the left hand side with all infantry and COK, while harpies and DR took the right flank. Harpies blocked the DP with the move through wood banner. He either had to charge in front of everything I had or stay put.
DR were very sneaky, shooting miserably and then whacked the ellyrian reavers in a received charge ;-)

His magic was a real problem, with lv2 fire mage with both magic missiles and a high mage with three spells.
I did not advance and attack fast enough, which gave him ample time to use his shooting and magic.

Lessons learned:
If you do not have enough countermagic, get in close fast.
Hydra can hold itself vs swordmasters, should have done that earlier, no need holding back if you get sacked by magic.
Men run naked - Asrai
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

It's all or nothing for the special circumstances I'm afraid, and you used the ol' Hydra and BoHG.

Up to date =D.

Keep going Cathel one more Win/Draw and you take the No.1 place!!

Zardock (Group 27)

Lordmonkey
Corsair

Post by Lordmonkey »

Username: Lordmonkey
Result: Minor Victory
Game Size: 2250
Opponent's Army: Vampire Counts
50-100 Word Summary:
Took this list for a spin again. The coward sat back with all of his infantry in one corner, flanked by the board edge and impassable terrain. My Assassin and Shades shot down the black knights in the middle. He sent his Blood Knights forth, stacked with the regen banner and hatred. They were cut down by flanking frenzied corsairs with KB (Courtesy of the Cauldron), and my assassin finished the BSB in a challenge (more KB goodness from the cauldron!). My Black Guard and CoK's barely saw combat, having been deployed in the middle of the table and away from the refused flank. My Hydra was run down by spirit hosts and my general died to a blood knight countercharge after killing a unit of wraiths.

Lessons Learned: Consider terrain more carefully! Bottlenecks can be both a blessing and a curse. My Black Guard can stand in a gap and fend of assaults from the hardest enemy combat units all day long, especially with cauldron backup. Other units need clear space to manouver, especially the crossbowmen, who didn't get to fire at all. I think I will change them for another unit of Dark Riders... not sure yet.
Cathel
Noble

Post by Cathel »

Zardock wrote:It's all or nothing for the special circumstances I'm afraid, and you used the ol' Hydra and BoHG.

It was hard enough without magic and with little fast troops versus High elves and their ASF.
Zardock wrote:Keep going Cathel one more Win/Draw and you take the No.1 place!!

Hopefully my wifes Skaven are on the altar this weekend. :twisted:
Men run naked - Asrai
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Username: cat-the-odd
Game Size: 850 P.
Opponent's Army: Dwarfs
Special Circumstances: /
50-100 Word Summary: A rematch. Well I faced the stubborness of the dwarfs. I lost the shadeson my left to his organ gun, but got the carge from the assasin. After wiping out the crew the assasin was shot by a spear. The right flank was driven by the dark riders who charged some quaralers into their flank. I had to kill them all, since they stood each single break test. Afterwards they overran the spear thrower. My central unit lost against ironbreakers. No surprise here and I fled on his following charge, just to rally at the end of the game.
Small games are funny and each dying elf hurts.

Lesson: Try to use shades far away from the Organ gun next time!
../¨¨¨|
.|ô/ô 9..Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.
.~~ /|...Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.
.|__/\...Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.
.[>o<]...Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Up to Date!

Bah exams come around just I find a group of people who play WHFB in my new town.... Damn you tertiary education!!!

Well maybe the 2nd half of the year will see me actually start posting some freaking results on the scoreboard.

Might even be able to catch up to Cathel eh? :D

Zardock (Group 27)

Alkatchoff
Corsair

Post by Alkatchoff »

Wow, great to see more people joining in!

I haven't been able to play since December, but with exams finally done with in july, I'm really looking forward to chipping in again.

Thanks for keeping this going!
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Was wondering if you had quit Alkatchoff, seeing as you haven't posted since I started running this thread. Seems you have some competition for top spot so I expect to see you catch up post haste! :D

Zardock (Group 27)