[2500] Dark Elves vs Vampire Counts (pic heavy)

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Highborn on black dragon
Executioner

[2500] Dark Elves vs Vampire Counts (pic heavy)

Post by Highborn on black dragon »

Deploy
Dark Elves
Vampire Counts

-Dark Elves:
General-Supreme Sorceress (Black Staff, Dispel Scroll) (in the Crossbowmen on the hill). She got 1,2,4 and 6 spells from Dark
Sorceress 2lvl (Tome of Furion, Dispel Scroll) (in the Black Guards). She knew 1,4 and 6 from Fire
Cauldron of Blood BSB

From the closer edge of the table
-- RBT and Dark Riders with Musician
Between the forest and the hill
-- 13 Witch Elves (Assassin(Manbane, Rune of Khaine), Champion (Manbane), Banner of Murder (za AP), musician)
-- 13 Black Guards (Standard of Hag Graef, Champion (Crimson Death))
-- 7 Executioners (Standard, Champion)
-- 20 Warrior-a (FC, Warbanner)
On the hill
-- 10 Repeater Crossbowmen (Shields, Musician)
-- RBT
On the other side of the hill
-- Dark Riders (musician)
-- War Hydra
-- 10 Repeater Crossbowmen (shields)
-- Dark Riders (musiciaan)

- Vampire Counts
General - Vampire Lord (fighter Lord, not sure what exactly were his items) in th eSkeletons with Banner of Endless Nightmares. Spells - 1,2,5
BSB Vampire on Hellsteed in Black Knights. Spells - 1
Vampire (Helm of Commandment) in the Bunker. Spells - 1,6
Necromancer (2x Power Stone) in the Bunker. Spells - 0,2

From the closer edge of the table:
-- 5 Dire Wolves
-- Varghulf
-- 3 Spirit Hosts
-- 5 Black Knights
-- 20 Skeletons (FC, Banner of Endless Nightmares)
-- Black Coach
-- Bunker
-- 5 Fell Bats
-- 20 Skeletons (FC, Warbanner)
-- 5 Dire Wolves

Turn 1
Dark Elves Movement
The Dark Riders ran to close the flanks, the Hydra hid behind the forest and the little Sorceress went to the other forest.
In the magic phase my opponent failed to stop the Black Staff with 2 DD. Nevertheless with her 8 PD (got 4 from the Power of darkness) and the 2 Army Dices, my general managed to kill 3 Dire wolves. The little sorceress did one big fat nothing. In the shooting only the RBT's did something, each killing 2 DDire wolves.

Vampire Counts Movement
The vampires went slow and purposeful forward. In the magic the Black Coach ate 1 PD from the Lord and 1 from the army. With the remaining dices my friend managed to rise 4 skeletons.

Turn 2
Dark Elves Movement
On the right flank the Dark Riders fell their Terror test and fall of the table, while the Witch Elves moved away from the ethereal and the Sorceress hid deeper into the forest. On the other flank the fast cavalry moved in the rear of the Bunker and the Hydra prepared to breathe on the Skeletons with the warbanner. In the magic my opponent misdispelled with 5 dices my Bladewind (3d6 WS4, S4 hits), but then it appeared that the Spirit hosts were 25 inches away from my general. The little sorceress then managed to inflict 3 wounds on the Hosts, thanks to the lack of dispel.
In the shooting the Hydra turned 11 skeletons to ashes, and the RxB's and the RBT on the hill killed 5 more. The other RBT almost finished the remaining Dire wolves, leaving 1 alive.

Vampire Counts Movement
The bats charged at the Executioners, who fled only to be caught. The Dire wolf steped in front of the Witches to provoke them and the rest of the army kept marching onward. First thing to do in the magic was miscasting with 2 dices (miscast result 6) and was forced to use almost all of his remaining PD to stop my Bladewind. After that he miscasted again with 2 dices, only to inflict a wound on his lord and to force him to lose a magic level and to forget the spell for rising skeletons.

Turn 3
Dark Elves Movement
The Hydra and one of the Dark riders charged at the remaining skeletons, the warriors jumped at the bats and the Assassin was forced to attack the Dire wolf alone in order to prevent the whole witch unit from doing so. I spent the whole magic phase trying to kill the hosts, finally managing to do it. In the Shooting the 2 RBT's decimated the Black knights, leaving the BSB alone. The hydra and the Riders killed the skeletons, but only the cavalry managed to reach the Black coach. After the overrun the assassin stopped right between the BSB and the Varghulf. The warriors killed the Fell bats without problem.

Vampire Counts Movement
My opponent charged the Black guards with his lord, Varghulf and Bsb, while the Bunker moved to support the Black coach. Only 6 Black Guards managed to survive the round, while the dark riders fled the combat and allowed the Coach to charge into the Hydra.

Turn 4
Dark Elves Movement
The Cauldron blessed the Witch elves, they charged the BSB on the flank, the Hag killed him in challenge, the Varghulf and the Lord crumbled and my opponent surrendered.
Sanity is highly overrated