Alan's second battle - 1250 pts O&G VS. Empire

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Noble korhedron
Empire General

Alan's second battle - 1250 pts O&G VS. Empire

Post by Noble korhedron »

Hi all!! This is another battle I fought with Alan a couple of weeks back. His second Warhammer game in years. The armies were increased to 1250 pts this time and I let Alan write his own Army List. The armies were as follows:

The Battlefield
The battlefield was pretty standard, both sides had a hill, there were a couple of woods and there a Citadel modular gaming hill forming a ridge down the entire left short table edge. There was also a scratch-built medieval-looking tower on the Orc left flank - this was to cost me later on.... :(

The armies
Alan made a rough, handwritten army list which we forgot to keep so here is a rough summary.

Orcs & Goblins:
Shaman on Boar, lvl 2, dispel scroll
Shaman on Boar, lvl 2, dispel scroll
NG shaman on wolf, lvl 2, nibblas itty ring, 2 mushrooms
10 arrer boyz
10 arrer boyz
20 ng spears, 2 fanatics
20 ng spears, 2 fanatics
20 big uns
9 spider riders
2 spear chukkas

Empire:
Player: Robert Tedders
Race: The Empire (Men).
Army: The Bechafen Garrison

Character(s):
Captain Hans Lutz w' h’weapon, great weapon, full plate’, shield and The White Cloak. 103 pts
Wizard Rodolphus Krieger w' h’ weapon, Lv. 2, a Dispel scroll and a Crystal Ball. 140 pts

Character(s) total: 243 pts

Core:
10 Crossbowmen w' h’ weapons, crossbows and marksman. 85 pts

25 Swordsmen w' h’ weapons, l’ armour, shields and full command. 175 pts
Detachment: 10 Free Company w' 2 h’ weapons. 50 pts

22 Halberdiers w' h’ weapons, l’ armour, halberds, shields and full command. 152 pts
Detachment: 10 Free Company w' 2 h’ weapons. 50 pts

Core total: 512 pts

Special:
1 Great Cannon and 3 crew w' h’weapons. 100 pts

20 Greatswords w' h’ weapons, greatswords, full plate’ and full command. 230 pts
Detachment: 10 Free Company, w' 2 h’ weapons. 50 pts

6 Pistoliers w' brace of pistols, l’ armour, Musician and Outrider. 122 pts

Special total: 495 pts

The Battle
Turns 1-2 - Opening moves
The Orcs began the battle with a general advance, all except the Shaman which rolled Gork's Warpath and the Spear Chukkas. One unit of Arrer Boys charged the tower. which my Huntsmen were hiding behind and planning to occupy. I can't recall the spell, but Orc Shaman one(using Big Waagh! spells) killed 2 White Wolves(I changed the list since - insert them instead of the Greatswords unit). The Spear Chukkas kill a few swordsmen.
Empire turn 1 began with a general advance. The mage in the Swordsmen cast an easily-dispelled Burning Head and the Mortar was unlucky on scatter, only killing one Spider Rider. However, the Handgunners shot the advancing Orc shaman off his boar.In the combat phase, the Orcs gained some revenge when the arrer boyz routed the Huntsmen off the table.

In Orc turn 2, two Fanatics were released from one of the NG units, but did nothing. Spells were ineffectual or failed to cast outright. All in all, a dud turn.

Empire turn 2 went nearly as poorly, however, but the Crossbowmen and Handgunnners did manage to kill the newly-released Fanatics. There were no combats this turn either.

Turns 3-4 - Battle is joined!
Orc turn 3 began with the NG on the Orc right flank charging the White Wolves on the Empire's left, managing to hit them in the flank. The Spider Riders squabbled and failed to join them. The Goblin Shaman moved around the wood on my right to cast magic on the Swordsmen's detachment, hitting them with Gaze of GOrk and Nibbla's Itty Ring - 2 died. The Spear Chukkas did nothing and the arrer boyz were forced to kill their own Fanatics to avoid other units having to charge through them. The NG's won combat but the Wolves easily passed the break test.

The Empire's third turn was again a general advance, Burning Head kills 3 NG which pass their panic check. The Mortar misses, and the NG again win combat. White Wolves again pass their test.

Orc turn 4 saw the NG advance into charge range of the Flagellants and therefore release their Fanatics. The Spiders charged the White Wolves and the Shaman attacks the Mortar and crew this turn, killing one crewman. Gork's warpath kills several Swordsmen, and while they remain steadfast, the Crossbowmen panic. The arrer boyz fire was ineffectual and th Spear Chukkas could only see combats, which the White Wolves managed to hold in, again!! A few Spider Riders died in the melee.

The Empire's turn 4 saw the Flagellants forced to charge the Fanatic, which causes devastation. The Swordsmen and detachment redeploy to avoid being hit when the second Fanatic moves again, and the Pistoliers continue to advance. The Mortar kills a few NG and the WHite Wolves remain locked in combat.

Turn 5 - Endgame
Alan had to leave early, so we agreed to make this the last turn for lack of time. The Orc boyz charged the Flagellants, the Fanatic got lucky and hit the Swordsmen, killing a few more, the Goblin shaman attacks the Mortar with magic but scores no wounds. Arrer boyz are ineffectual but the Orc Boyz kill nearly all the Flagellants in the combat phase. Unfortunately they are Unbreakablre so the last one still holds up the Orcs. The White Wolves finally win combat but choose not to pursue due to difficult terrain nearby.

Empire turn 5 sees magic and shooting being ineffectual, the last Flagellant dying and the end of the game.

I fail to recall exact points values, but incl. table quarters, etc., the Orcs win by 301 - a solid victory, just!
Regards,

NK.

http://ulthuan.net/forum
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.