2 quick battle reports with The Stupid List

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Datalink7
Noble

2 quick battle reports with The Stupid List

Post by Datalink7 »

Hi all,

I tried out the Stupid List (as I have dubbed it) twice today. Thought I'd give a quick summary.

The Stupid List

Level 4 - 4++, Dispel Scroll, Lore of Life

Crone Hellebron

Master BSB with Ring of Hotek, 2+ Armor Save

Assassin with Killing Blow, +2 Strength Sword
Assassin with Killing Blow, +2 Attack Sword
Assassin with Killing Blow, Additional Hand Weapon, Other Tricksters Shard

67 Witch Elves, Full Command, Razor Standard

10 Warlocks

10 Warlocks

First Game vs Warriors of Chaos

He had

Daemon Prince of Nurgle

Festus

Nurgle BSB

24 (I think) Chaos Warriors

3 units of Hounds

Chimera

Chimera

3 Skullcrushers

3 Skullcrushers

My first target priority was to get rid of the dogs. I managed to get rid of two units through either combat or doombolts from the Warlocks. The other unit did lead my main block astray for one turn but that's acceptable.

Walking in he tried to breath weapon the unit. One turn the DP did so and killed 24 (ouch). However, when both Chimera's did so, I had toughness 7 and so they only did 10 wounds combined.

I caught the Warrior unit in the front and did 19 wounds (and killed festus) before it even got to strike. I didn't even pop up the OTS assassin to do so.

Since he was behind on points, he knew he had to charge. Final turn I had +4 toughness and regen on the unit, but he had to go in anyway. Charged both skullcrushers in the flanks, 2x chimera and DP in the rear.

End result: Chimera's get killed before they get to strike, Hellebron does 8 wounds to one unit of skullcrushers, the other takes a few more wounds. Total wounds from the WoC side = 1. Everything flees except Daemon Prince, who would have died next turn.

Game 2 vs. Beastmen

He had:

Doombull on Carpet
Level 4 of Shadow

3 x Hero Mino's (1 BSB)

30ish Gors

3 units of dogs

1 unit of Harpies

3 x Tuskgor Chariots
1x Razorgor
1x Razorgor Chariot

Unit of 6 minos (3x3 formation with all three heroes in the front).

He did a good job of leading my Witch Elf unit astray in this game, AND trapping my warlocks (flying doombull helped here). He managed to kill both warlock units but at the end of Turn 5 I had managed to catch the Gor unit with his Wizard. That, plus all the Chaff, had me winning by around 370 points, so a minor victory.

Sorry for the not very good report with sparse details. I forgot to take notes, but mostly I just wanted to highlight that this list, on a first go, seems fairly ridiculous.

It is very hard to get points from it. You either have to kill the Warlocks (250 points a piece so killing 1 won't even net you a victory), or the deathstar of doom.

Most magics aren't that dangerous to the deathstar. You have +8 to dispel, Magic Resistence 3, and the enemy miscasts on double 1's.

Anything that comes in contact with it just gets annihilated. It doesn't get much tougher than double skullcrushers to each flank, double chimera and DP to the rear, and the unit just laughed. Even without the T7 they would have just laughed, killing both Chimera before they got to strike.

Warlocks are excellent at clearing chaff out of the way either through combat, or magic missiles.

Certain specific builds can certainly beat it (24 chariot list for instance), but I think regular tournament armies will struggle.
Ashes and Diamons,
Foe and Friend,
We are all equal,
In the End.
CreativeName
Warrior

Re: 2 quick battle reports with The Stupid List

Post by CreativeName »

I anticipated the Stupid list would have Bloodwrack Medusas and Shrines. Haha. Looks tough though.
Datalink7
Noble

Post by Datalink7 »

CreativeName wrote:I anticipated the Stupid list would have Bloodwrack Medusas and Shrines. Haha. Looks tough though.

Oh yeah, not that kind of stupid :P

Stupid as in, it's just silly. 3 drops (4 with characters) everything in one unit. Not that fun to play with or against. But actually a really tough list.
Ashes and Diamons,
Foe and Friend,
We are all equal,
In the End.
Drek
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Drek »

Fascinating.
What's the points total of The Stupid List?
Cold73
Highborn

Post by Cold73 »

Interesting...not something i would have liked to try......but i don;t like Death Star or characters.
It is either win big or loose big.

I presume your Sorceress and Master are in the WE horde. Have you ever failed the test on either of them and suffer a few wounds?
knowing my luck my WE would kill the sorceress without she even managing to cast a single spell.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Datalink7
Noble

Post by Datalink7 »

Cold73 wrote:Interesting...not something i would have liked to try......but i don;t like Death Star or characters.
It is either win big or loose big.

I presume your Sorceress and Master are in the WE horde. Have you ever failed the test on either of them and suffer a few wounds?
knowing my luck my WE would kill the sorceress without she even managing to cast a single spell.

I have failed, but it seems very inconsequential with Life magic.

It only goes off 50 percent of the time. Average number of strength 3 hits is 3.5. This equals 1.75 wounds, or .875 wounds after ward save on the sorceress, or .291 wounds after armor save on the master. Any wounds will quickly come back with Lore of Life attribute.

You can potentially get very unlucky and kill off your sorceress, but the chances are very small.

Drek wrote:Fascinating.
What's the points total of The Stupid List?

2500 points.
Ashes and Diamons,
Foe and Friend,
We are all equal,
In the End.
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Heh, sick list =]
How does it fare against massed BS shooting, though? Or alternatively, against combat armies that use their brain and dispel the lore of life toughness booster :P

I'd imagine an army with warmachine templates, and a lot of low-S shots, would annihilate an armor-less unit.

In addition, the build seems abit cheesy, and certainly would be illegal in restricted tournaments :P
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.