Bretonnian Flying Cavalry

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Bretonnian Flying Cavalry

Post by Darmort »

Hiya, not often that I come here... or on D.net at all, to be honest, however, its probably the best place I need to go to get a rules question answered. ;)

Question is, a few weeks ago me and my friend were having a discussion about Bretonnians, and he came with the following line; "You know how great Pegasus Knights are? They charge 20", have 360 Line of Sight, have 2 Wounds and have a 1+ Armour Save!" My reply to this was "Mate, any other mounted unit of a Pegasus or another flying mount, usually a Hero, doesn't receive any extra armour save bonuses, they only gets a +1 Bonus for being Flying Cavalry, he doesn't get a normal mounted bonus as well, let alone Barding, which isn't included in the profile anyway."
We argued about it, mostly with him arguing that "They're mounted, they have barding and they're Flying Cavalry", which annoyed me A LOT, and he gave up the argument, however, I only just remembered it, and thought I'd better check that up... pretty sure its only a 3+ Armour Save...

>>
Back From Druchii Hiatus
Ehakir
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ehakir »

indeed, 3+ armour save
"Ceterum censeo Ulthuan esse delendam"
-Ehakir

3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win.
Lord adrianus
Noble

Post by Lord adrianus »

Is this also for a DP? just +1 on no + to the AS?
Starting with Orks!!! A green tide will come (well, I have 34 boyz now :D
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Dark pegasus is a monter so no bonus to the armour save at all.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Zeth
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Zeth »

The save is indeed a 3+ save.
But, he is right that they get a bonus to Armor Save for being Flying Cav.
Just seems your friend can not do math.

Heavy armor 5+
Shield 4+
Mounted 3+

They do not have barding, but do get the mounted bonus to save as per the brettonia rule book and the flying cav rule. However with this bonus their save is only 3+.
Take all of my posts, when taking about balance, from a perspective of an all-comers list.
Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Post by Darmort »

Zeth - See, that's how I explain it, they only get a mounted bonus, however, he still thinks that they have barding and that Flying Cavalry is a bonus added on top of being mounted.

Also, Characters on anything but a horse/coldone/pony are usually more than Unit Strength 2, thus can't claim a Mounted Bonus to their Armour Save.
Back From Druchii Hiatus