Unit Upgrades

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

T'keela
Noble

Unit Upgrades

Post by T'keela »

Okay so going through my fresh copy of the Vampire Counts army book (mmmm don't you just love that new book smell) I've come across something interesting. In the Skeleton Warriors entry (P.94 for those who have a copy) Spears are avaliable as a weapon upgrade at a cost of 1 point. My query is; do I pay 1 point per model? or 1 point for the entire unit? In other armylists it blantantly states the cost either way whether you pay per model or for the entire unit.

So yeah thanks in advance.
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D4 I4
Equip: Sword, Light Armour, blackpowder pistol, 4 bullets, 2GP.
Skills:
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

1 point per model. It is kind of obvious...

They wouldn't let you take 100 skeletons and add spears for 1 point for the unit...

;)

By the way, don't waste the points. Take multiple Vamps with 'Lord of the Dead' and take 10-20 skeletons per unit, with FC and nothing else. Then raise into the units asap.
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

They fixed it in the VC errata/FAQ. It now states 1 point per model as it should. It's on GW's website if you want to look at it.
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

@Kinslayer/Nexus =P: At one point yeah you could field a unit of 100 skeletons and only pay 1 point to give the entire unit spears. =P Oh and as to the lord of the dead thing, I've already done it, though in my 1000 pt list im only fielding 1 vamp with like 1 or 2 necro's(i want to use the empire amethyst wizard cause he looks radd) to help bolster the units. But yeah, now it seems Im going to have to go "Global Finincial Crisis" on my army and make some cutbacks.

@ Aspiring Executioner: Haha thanks Aspiring Executioner, I found the page too...
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D4 I4
Equip: Sword, Light Armour, blackpowder pistol, 4 bullets, 2GP.
Skills: