rerolling dice

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

rerolling dice

Post by Kinslayer »

I've just reread the basic rules section. The section under the title rerolling dice states that if you reroll 2D6 or 3D6, you have to reroll all the dice. I knew this, of course. But does that mean, if rerolling hits for the rule hatred for example, the whole unit has to reroll?

So, 10 Druchii attack and score only 2 hits. Do the other 8 reroll, or all 10?

Sorry if this is simple, but I always played it where only the 8 missed attacks would reroll, but just wanted a confirmation.
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

Well, Hatred says reroll all missed hits. But for anything else like Ld tests etc. then reroll all of them. So to answer your question, reroll all dice unless you see an exception in the rule like in Hatred. Hope that made sense.
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6
Uman
Cold One Knight

Post by Uman »

Kinslayer you are spot on. Only misses are re-rolled. If you have 20 attacks and 12 hit and 8 miss, then you re-roll only the 8. Any attacks that hit, cannot be re-rolled, and that's a good thing :)

U
Garbidge
Highborn
Location: House of Heroes, 43 Church Gate, Loughborough, England

Re: rerolling dice

Post by Garbidge »

Kinslayer wrote:I've just reread the basic rules section. The section under the title rerolling dice states that if you reroll 2D6 or 3D6, you have to reroll all the dice. I knew this, of course. But does that mean, if rerolling hits for the rule hatred for example, the whole unit has to reroll?

that means that if you reroll something like a leadership test or a flee/pursuit roll, where the dice are added together, you reroll all the dice (except where the reroll specifically says otherwise, like cold blooded or corsairs). To hit rolls are separate rolls for each model, they simply get rolled together because it's quicker, so they get rerolled separately.
Last edited by Garbidge on Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Alright, thanks for the answers. Good to know I had it right ;)