Frenzy Character Joining Non-Frenzy Unit

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Sadisticity
Executioner

Frenzy Character Joining Non-Frenzy Unit

Post by Sadisticity »

To cut the story short, I attached a Death Hag who is a frenzied character to a non-frenzy unit such as a large Block of Dark Elves Warriors to give the unit the benefit of Witchbrew.

1) I heard this somewhere before that Frenzy units have to always move towards the closest enemy unit on the board (In terms of bee-line distance) but I can't seem to find this rule in my rule book. Is this true?
If it is true, does my entire unit have to obey this rule when only my Hag have Frenzy.

Note: I am aware I have to detach my Hag if she is within Charging distance and charge the enemy if i decide not to charge my DE Warriors.

2) If my DE Warriors Break (For whatever Reasons but no because of losing combat, i.e Fear, Terror), will my Hag automatically break as well? She is still frenzied and immune to psychology.

Under such circumstance, can I choose to detach her from the squad and charge the enemy according or continue moving?

3) If i have a cauldron within 12" of this Unit (12" of the Hag) does my entire unit take leadership from the Hag. As such, the hag being a Khanite, she is stubbon and the entire unit will take the leadership on a unmodified Ld for a leadership test.

Thanks.
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

1) Frenzied units/ models must charge an enemy within charge range. The unit is not frenzied, just the hag.

2)Immune to pshch characters lose their immunity to psych for the duration of them being joined to a non immune unit. (so they can flee while she is in the unit too). If they flee, she will still be frenzied until beaten in combat (just assume she is dragged along by the fleeing masses).

3)Always use the best Ld in the unit or the general if he/she is within 12". For stubborn units, only use stubborn characters Ld. Stubborn characters 'effectively' make their unit stubborn on the character's Ld.
Desert icon
Assassin

Re: Frenzy Character Joining Non-Frenzy Unit

Post by Desert icon »

SaDiStIcItY wrote:1) I heard this somewhere before that Frenzy units have to always move towards the closest enemy unit on the board (In terms of bee-line distance)

Nope. You only have to charge enemy units that you can see and have enough movement to reach, after all normal charges have been declared.

SaDiStIcItY wrote:but I can't seem to find this rule in my rule book.
Is this true?

That's because it's not in the rulebook, as it is not a rule. As for the other issues with Frenzy, it's all clearly written in the Psychology section of the rulebook, under the subtitle "Frenzy."

SaDiStIcItY wrote:does my entire unit have to obey this rule when only my Hag have Frenzy.

Nope. Only frenzied models/units have to follow the rules for Frenzy. The Warriors are not frenzied, therefore they do not follow the rules for Frenzy.

SaDiStIcItY wrote:Note: I am aware I have to detach my Hag if she is within Charging distance and charge the enemy if i decide not to charge my DE Warriors.

That's pretty much how it works.

SaDiStIcItY wrote:2) If my DE Warriors Break (For whatever Reasons but no because of losing combat, i.e Fear, Terror), will my Hag automatically break as well? She is still frenzied and immune to psychology.

Being frenzied does not make you Unbreakable (there are many people who think that Frenzy makes you Unbreakable), so you can still run from combat. Sulla pretty much has it down, your Hag will no longer be Immune to Psychology as long as she joins a unit that is not Immune to Psychology.

SaDiStIcItY wrote:Under such circumstance, can I choose to detach her from the squad and charge the enemy according or continue moving?

You can detach the Hag from the unit at any time during the Remaining Moves part of the phase or when charging out, but if she charges out then the unit she's leaving behind will not be able to move afterwards.

SaDiStIcItY wrote:3) If i have a cauldron within 12" of this Unit (12" of the Hag) does my entire unit take leadership from the Hag. As such, the hag being a Khanite, she is stubbon and the entire unit will take the leadership on a unmodified Ld for a leadership test.

That's pretty much how it works.

SaDiStIcItY wrote:Thanks.

You're welcome.