Greater Deamons and more

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Ozur
Trainee Warrior

Greater Deamons and more

Post by Ozur »

Played against Deamons this week and the Deamon player had a Keeper of Secrets in a unit of Deamonettes.

Never seen a Greater Deamon join a unit before, he claimed they count as characters and can join their own type of deamon units. So I let it pass. But it seems wrong to me, I checked the Deamon Army Book, but couldn't find anything there.

Then another question: The enemy has 2 units, side by side, with no space between. I charge the left unit. Both the left enemy unit and my unit have the same width. So if I line up directly in front of his unit. I also touch the 2nd enemy unit. Does this force me to engage both units or can I move my unit so it is slightly to the left of the enemy unit, thus avoiding contact with the 2nd enemy unit?
Tzelok
Beastmaster

Post by Tzelok »

I can't answer the first question, but to your second question, I believe due to the fact that you have to maximize contact, you are then forced to also charge the second unit. Keep in mind this works both ways, and is an excellent way to get a CoB in combat. Those witches can deal alot of pain to unarmored victims.
Army Plog Below:
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=63015

Scratch Built Druchii Tower:
http://druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=67976&highlight=

The League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Weenth
Black Guard

Re: Greater Deamons and more

Post by Weenth »

Ozur wrote:Played against Deamons this week and the Deamon player had a Keeper of Secrets in a unit of Deamonettes.

Never seen a Greater Deamon join a unit before, he claimed they count as characters and can join their own type of deamon units. So I let it pass. But it seems wrong to me, I checked the Deamon Army Book, but couldn't find anything there.
Check the frame titled 'Daemonic Characters' under Daemon Special Rules ((page 30 I think?) - it's written there that Greater Daemons and DP count both as characters and monsters, and therefore cannot join units.
Join the Pink side! ;)

7th ed Cult of Slaanesh
projectlinky here
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

For the first one - you can't put greater daemons in units. No exceptions

For the second one - if both charged and charging units have exactly same width, you can move your unit slightly to the side so it only contacts one of the two enemy units. As long as maximum models from both the charging unit and the intended target can fight, all is well. There is no rule forcing you to perfectly align your front to enemy front. Answer cheese with cheese.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Comrade igor
Daemon in Disguise

Post by Comrade igor »

Dalamar answered that pretty well.
Best Regards, Comrade Igor.