Raze & Ruin Deployment Rules?

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Antinchip
Warrior

Raze & Ruin Deployment Rules?

Post by Antinchip »

Raze & Ruin (BRB p 398) - "The attacker takes the first turn entering from his own long table edge". How does this work?

Last time out I was defending and my HE opponent first deployed all his units with rear rank against the table edge before making any moves and followed the rules for Reinforcements (BRB p 27) which prevent charging and marching. This can be quite a restriction particulalry if terrain limits the amount of table edge available. Is this right?

We are having a re-match next week with my Druchii attacking. Since the scenario rules don't mention the Reinforcements rule is there anything to stop me moving units on to the table one at a time, including possible march moves?

Thanks.

Antinchip
The virgin forest
Black Guard

Post by The virgin forest »

Yes there is. The 'Reinforcement Rule' actually prevents you from doing so :)

" Sometimes the rules will call for unit to enter the battle, where this happens, we refer to the unit entering as reinforcements ... "
Antinchip
Warrior

Post by Antinchip »

OK I can now see the link between units entering the battle and the reinforcement rule, thanks.

I can't however see why that would stop me deploying or "entering" units individually rather than all at once. Thoughts?
The virgin forest
Black Guard

Post by The virgin forest »

I can't either :)