dwarf anvil charge

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Handsome jack
Executioner

dwarf anvil charge

Post by Handsome jack »

Just a quick question or clarification on possible anvil charges. I play in 2 groups, one plays the anvil move as 6 inches and if it makes contact it is counted as a charge. The 2nd group(and my opinion) is it allows a normal move even a charge so you can roll 2d6 and add your movement treating it as a failed charge if they don't make contact. Anyone find a rule that clarifies this?
handsome jack
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Are you talking about the Anvil of Doom?

It can't move at all.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Azimyth
Beastmaster

Post by Azimyth »

I suspect Mr Jack is referring to move provided by the anvil in the shooting phase.
The general consesus in ZA is that the charge is normal charge of 2d6 plus movement. You're probably better off asking this on a dwarf forum.
South African Players: http://www.warhammergenerals.co.za
Religion: A cult for the masses
God Protect Me ... From Your Followers
ETC: Rules for whingers who still want to play 7th
Handsome jack
Executioner

Post by Handsome jack »

Yes I was asking about charges the anvil allows other units to make in the shooting phase. Thanks I also believe that it is correct for the 2d6 plus movement.
handsome jack
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vulcan »

When it was written (back in 6E), a Dwarf charge was 6", as was a Dwarf march. Now the charge is 2d6+3".

The errata on the Anvil of Doom says nothing about this change. So by the rules, the Anvil-charge is 8E standard, 2d6+3"

Enjoy it while it lasts. The other armies that could charge out-of-sequence lost it when their 8E books came out. I expect the Dwarves to loose it as well.
Handsome jack
Executioner

Post by Handsome jack »

I dont want a new dwarf codex I'm very happy with the one they have now. I also think they will lose all the extra dispel dice they get and will see major changes in the runic items rules. Here's to hoping they don't get around to Dwarves for a long time.
handsome jack
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

The one they have currently is silly unbalanced. Some of the units are way too cheap for their points (145 points for an S5 stonethrower with re-rolls on the misfire table? I'll have 3 thanks (extra 5 point runes added for variation), whereas others are ridiculously expensive. Dwarfs desperately need a new book, just to make them more balanced and actuall work in the game. The runic item system has been around with Dwarfs since 4th ed, I don't imagine they'll tweak it too much...
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Dwarves have 3 things that work well now; artillery (other than flame cannons), great weapon troops and antimagic.

Hopefully gw will tone those down but boost everything else in the book.

As well as that, I think it's safe to say gw will add a few units to make warhammer Dwarves different from generic fantasy Dwarves...
Handsome jack
Executioner

Post by Handsome jack »

they took away most of the unique magic items in all the other new army books I think that runic items will end up taking a big hit. As far as not working in the game, I think dwarfs, if played well are a very good army
handsome jack
2thedeath
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by 2thedeath »

They had better not change too much, Dwarves don't like change & you'll end up in the book of grudges.
"If that's a straight line I'm a Turks arse!!"