Pursuit question

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Leduwob
Warrior

Pursuit question

Post by Leduwob »

In my turn I have charged a unit of Saurus warriors with my DE warriors. I have lost CR and failed Ld test, so I flee and my opponent tried to catch me but failed. I rolled 9, he rolled 6.

His turn. Instead of continuing to pursuit or trying to restrain his Saurus warriors, he declares a Charge with that same Saurus unit in my fleeing unit back, caught them and destroyed. Is this allowed?

He argued that his pursuit ended in last(my turn) and that he can do with them freely whatever he wants. I dont think thats wright
Nobody likes us ... WE DONT CARE
Lorddrittz
Beastmaster

Post by Lorddrittz »

Yes it has been done it correctly, he gets to charge and your fleeing unit gets to run/flee on 2D6 again.
Dark Elf Battles

Win/Draw/Loss
10 : 1 : 4 7th Ed Codex
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Yeah, that's correct. You do get to flee your 2D6 again, while he gets his move + 2d6 for his charge. If he catches you, you die, if he doesn't then you flee away again and he fails his charge. What would be the alternative?
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Leduwob
Warrior

Post by Leduwob »

That he continues his pursuit
Nobody likes us ... WE DONT CARE
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Pursuit only happens at the moment a unit breaks from combat. Anything in a subsequent turn follows the rules for charges.
Truly These are the End Times ...