What to do with the Executioners?

This forum is now locked until it is time to start the process of writing the new Dark Elf army book.

Well done to all those who took part!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Medved
Beastmaster

Post by Medved »

its cool but i think we should focus on the unit, not more magic item... even if i love the banner :twisted:

we hav to find a solution for the executionner...we hav to decide wich option is best by playtesting them (wich i hav started)
Dalamar: 03/10/2013 "Yes, we are the epitome of glass cannon now. In fact the cannon is so powerful that it's possible for it to damage itself."
7ed: 23-3-3 W-D-L
Medved
Beastmaster

Post by Medved »

its cool but i think we should focus on the unit, not more magic item... even if i love the banner :twisted:

we hav to find a solution for the executionner...we hav to decide wich option is best by playtesting them (wich i hav started)

and i think the two most worthly option are str 4 and relentless (prefer relentless :mrgreen: )
Dalamar: 03/10/2013 "Yes, we are the epitome of glass cannon now. In fact the cannon is so powerful that it's possible for it to damage itself."
7ed: 23-3-3 W-D-L
Subedei
Dark Rider

Post by Subedei »

I've been playtesting the "Relentless Assault" option, and I've found it is open to horrendous abuse - with Hydra Banner and an assasin, it's almost unstoppable in close combat - against Chaos one unit of 25 as above, wiped out 20 Chosen of Khorne, 10 Khornate Chaos Knights, and 20 Bloodletters. Didn't win any points for army selection though.

Against an army with serious missile fire, substituting the Hydra Banner for the new banner with 5+ ward save, still makes it a nasty unit, especially with an assasin in its ranks.

I think the str 4 is a far better option, less overpowered, and more useful against things like the steam tank.

Perhaps adding an option for taking 25 points of magic items for the unit champion.