RIP Group 22

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

RIP Group 22

Post by Calisson »

Amongst the Legends of Darkness that Druchii.net had the honor to host, there is one which developed into a phenomenon.

Role Playing Group 22 started on Thu Nov 13, 2008. It has been running since all that time, which is for four years and four months and four days, outlasting all other RPGs and setting an incredible record.
Group 22 involved nine different playing characters. It has been going through no less than nine chapters. With more than 5000 posts, it dwarfs all other tales.

Alas! It is reaching an end, due to real life taking precedence.
It is time to thank Kinslayer for the incredible work he has accomplished, not only to Group 22, but also to Roleplaying in Druchii.net as a whole.

As it is not the first time Kinslayer has to renounce an aspect of Warhammer, and he has proven to come back as soon as he could, I am convinced that, like King Arthur in Avalon, Kinslayer will only be asleep for a while, until he comes back.

Thank you again Kinslayer for your dedication, and I add a personal thank for taking me over in the last chapters of your tale.

And see you soon again!
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Nice one Kinslayer :) It's been fun reading along, even though I never played. Group 22 will be missed.

Good luck with wherever life outside DNet takes you :)
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

It has been a real privilege to have had the opportunity to be part of the group; albeit for a short while. The other members were a pleasure to write with, with real character depth and talent. Kinslayer's posts were gripping and well structured. Thanks so much.

Wishing everyone well, it's been a blast!
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

It was an honour and a privilege to be a part of this group.
Phalx Tr'dasr – WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 5829
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Class: Shade
Check out, http://thingsfrom1934.com/
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

All good things must come to an end, and although this looked like it just might defy those words group 22 has also wound down. It is a sad moment for D.net's rpg (I get to say pompous stuff like that) but I am proud to have played a part in the adventure.

So Callisson, any fitting last tune for Caraoc to play us out on?
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Caraoc will not die! His songs will enchant/bother other RPG sooner or later (not that soon, though).

Caraoc's last tune was already published, both in the RPG itself and the OOC thread.
I'd be delighted to see all other participants post a conclusive final word worth Group 22! :D
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

My last post, though short sums up Phalx in his best light.

I'm always up for more of this. Would love to find a new group to take in a drunk crazy Shade.
Phalx Tr'dasr – WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 5829
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Class: Shade
Check out, http://thingsfrom1934.com/
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

I'll miss this, in the first year, clicking on Group 22 was like unwrapping a birthday present every night [in those days it was every night too, sometimes twice]. That was probably when all the best rp was done too, we were all trying to find out who our characters were, running them against each other and everything else. This thread was role play gaming the way it's meant to be, when you just absorb yourself in playing your part and don't try to win.

I was surprised to read above that people who weren't players have been reading our thread. Did you read it all Syjahel? I wonder if you're the only one. Maybe there is some merit in Kinslayer's suggestion that the warriors of House Blackthorn should be brought to life in novel form. I would vote for a Group 22 graphic novel. [also I shotgun 10% of box office].

It's a fact that Group 22 is the longest thread in the history of dnet. I shouldn't be surprised if it was one of the longest forum threads on the whole internet. We must have been all bloody barmy.

So hats off then to everyone who played a part in it, especially the four originals who, I've just remembered, all came across from Group 13 when it died. It has been a pleasure messing about with you all. I don't suppose I'll ever forget how we came from four separate directions to save Blackthorn from a mugger.

Thanks again and best wishes to all,
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Thanks for the kind words Calisson and everyone else. This truly was an amazing achievement not just for me but for the whole group, and I am very proud to have been a part of it. I do plan to write some more when I have the time, probably in the form of a prequel going into more depth about Blackthorn before the group started and the family war with House Tvar. But alas, those are tales for another time... for now I think we could all do with a well deserved break.

I shall continue to lurk here as often as I can, and I certainly can't see this being the last involvement I have with the RPG here, some day I'll be back.
Tyrannus deathbringer
Noble

Post by Tyrannus deathbringer »

Enjoy your well deserved "holiday" :P kinslayer, and hope you can find the time to pop into the forum in future...
"All who surrender will be enslaved; whoever does not surrender but opposes with struggle and dissension, shall be annihilated."
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Layne: I haven't read it all, yet :) There's still a bit to go. It's a good story so it caught my attention. Somewhat like a radio series, really :D I'd be surprised if I was the only one. Have you seen how many views the thread has?

Aye, all the best Kinslayer, I may be a viewer not a player but it's been fun!
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I read before I was ever a player, it was and is a good story, especialy the early days.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Meteor
Executioner

Re: RIP Group 22

Post by Meteor »

I browsed the start of it, and probably will go through the whole thing in due time. It was more of the fact its been going on for over four years, it's kinda like "oh wtf so much to read!! @.@"

Anyway take it easy Kinslayer!