my super noble

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Tich
Highborn

my super noble

Post by Tich »

hi all, what does everyone think of my super noble. i like to use him to take out war machines, flank charge units and take out mages and lightly armoured character in genereal. i've never had a match where he hasn't at least killed doeble his point value.

he is on a dark pegasus. has a lance, additonal hand weapon. uses the lifetaker reapeater crossbow and wears blood armour.

in combat he has 6 attacks and extra stength the first round. at distance though he hits on a 2+ regardless and re-rolls failed to wound rolls. and becahse of his blood armour he get +1 save every wound he does.

so i'd appreciate what everyone think of my hero who i find is almost as good as a lord but thats just my oppion.
"I have this magic sword, it kills people when you stick it in them"
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

Sounds like a great Noble but you cannot have both a lance and an additional hand weapon as far as I know as you can only take one option from each bullet point on the characters profile. Please correct me if I am wrong though.

Because of this you will onli have 5 attacks, but he'll be 4 points cheaper.
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
Bad beast
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Bad beast »

you can not have both 2 hand weapons and a lance

well actually you can, however, you can not use both at the same time, and you can not use 2 hand weapons while mounted so the additional hand weapon is worthless unless the pegesus is killed
Fr0 wrote: The evil Dr. Henry McCoy as usual, has a firm grasp on the rule.
Lord kalhadron
Cold One Knight

Post by Lord kalhadron »

Solid setup. Altough his almost as good as a lord, he cost almost as much as a lord as well
Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

thanks all, i will drop my additional hand weap. glad everyone likes him.
Saireth darkblade
Cold One Knight

Post by Saireth darkblade »

dont you mean evry wound he receves not does
Do not fear death...only Hell

Regardes from,

Saireth Darkblade a Dread Knight of the druchii.
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

If you are talking about the Blood Armour then he will recieve +1 save for each enemy killed by the Noble, not each wound the he recieves.
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
Saireth darkblade
Cold One Knight

Post by Saireth darkblade »

REALLY?? I thought it was the other way around hehe i like it alot more now lol
Do not fear death...only Hell

Regardes from,

Saireth Darkblade a Dread Knight of the druchii.
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

Yup it does pay to read what things do properly ;) Ive missed quite alot by not readng properly but thats geting a bit OT.
Falahk
Night Goblin

Post by Falahk »

im not to fund of him, since he will be frail befor he get a few kills, just buy him enchated shield, ha and sdc and he will have 2+/1+ from start insted

as for the additional hand weapon, sure he can buy it, but not use it while mounted or in the same combat as he use the lance, so that means that he will only benefit from it if the peg gets shoot
SWFBR- Swedish Warhammer Tournament Calendar, Ranking and Forum
The_everchosen
Beastmaster
Location: Trying to think of something witty to put in this box

Post by The_everchosen »

I agree with Falakh. I use a DP-mounted noble, and an early, decent save is useful and the costs are similar.

Mine just uses a lance for weaponry. I have tried lifetaker, and its better in 7 th as characters can be shot even when near units, but I've found that it means my opponents hide their charcters better (in units etc.) so I generally buy an extra couple of models for my other units.

A wardsave is always nice, particularly as the DP shares the Ward save with the rider :lol:
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it - Winston Churchill
[llct]kain
Assassin

Post by [llct]kain »

A wardsave is always nice, particularly as the DP shares the Ward save with the rider Laughing

I would be glad to know where this new rule comes from. To my knowledge normaly the ward is only for the character who purchased it - the most know exception is the Golden Eye.

I had some success with a similar noble, except that it was quite a lot cheaper because it missed the lifetaker. Anyway I think your noble shares the problem all pegasus nobles share - the pergasus dies to easy to shooting, even from goblins and especially from skinks, no armour save is realy bad. Nothing is more frustrating then to see your super fast noble sitting in the center of the board without pegasus on foot....
Anyway I think the noble set up is quite expensive and not tailored to specific role - if you go with the lifetaker it is no big use to get in CC and miss some rounds of shooting.
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

I would drop lifetaker and blood armour and then buy him armour of darkness and maybe tailisman of protection
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Shadow dark
Noble

Post by Shadow dark »

Fingol23, is the enchanted talisman really worth it? Unless you are one of those annoying people blessed with the ability to roll 6's, chances are it won't do anything.
Hi, i'm Shadow Dark. I spend my time teaching dragons the difference between their food and the slaves that bring it in
Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

what i need to clear up is that i'm going to be keeping my guy out of range of heavy shooting. i'm ganna use him for a hit and run char against war machines and mages with some fairly reliable shooting for when he's not in combat. Also those who say he has a bad save, his save goes up with every wound he does, combat OR shooting, so with my experiance he gets to a 3+ save in the first turn.
Ehakir
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ehakir »

In my experience this guy is very useful against undead (ethereal creatures, etc.) and in combination with other threats for the enemy shooting units, eg. if you have 3 pegasi nobles, a lord on Manti, some units DR's or something. :)
"Ceterum censeo Ulthuan esse delendam"
-Ehakir

3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win.