Anointed Demonic Gifts - Magic items or not?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Lowcash
Cold One Knight

Anointed Demonic Gifts - Magic items or not?

Post by Lowcash »

OK, i understand that you cant use the CoS magic items in any GW sponsored tourneys, but is it acceptable to use them in your normal friendly games? Specifically the anointed demonic gifts. I have ever only used them on the Druchii Anointed but after rereading the storm of chaos rules for CoS it says that "These magic items are available to any Dark Elf army, not just to the Cult of Slaanesh armies." (page 86 Storm of chaos) Are the demonic gifts considered non-magic items and gifts as in "that person is gifted with natural talent" kind of gifts, rather then magic gifts?
Or am I just suffering from wishful thinking hoping I could give a highborn Quickening blood?
“You win battles by knowing the enemy's timing, and using a timing which the enemy does not expect.”

-Miyamoto Musashi
Nathan mcduck
Warrior

Post by Nathan mcduck »

You're just suffering from wishful thinking.

The Annointed is the only character which can be given anointed demonic gifts and he's CoS only, so....
Lowcash
Cold One Knight

Post by Lowcash »

Oh well, a man can dream....
“You win battles by knowing the enemy's timing, and using a timing which the enemy does not expect.”

-Miyamoto Musashi
Fenix
Executioner

Post by Fenix »

On the HB with quick blood thats wishfull thinking ;)
Technically the Anoited Demonic gifts can be given to other chars, but only if they have the option in their profile. So if a HB had the rule "may choose Anoited Demonic gifts" as in the Anoited profile, then they could.

The CoS list is in most cases perfectly legal, only certain tourneys specify you cant use them.
"My time will come.. Like time always does. For everyone.."