Sorceress and Pendant

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Crawd wrote:Like I said earlier: "I don't get why people are talking about the Supreme Sorceress when in the 6th edition, lots of people were using the Heart-Stone of Darkness on her High Sorceress which was 45 points."

Under 6th Edition, I didn't give my High Sorceress the Heartstone. I know lots of people did, but not me.

For tournaments, if I took a Level 4 I would give her theCrown of Black Iron, but not for the ward save. The primary reason was so that I didn't have to worry about Drain Magic from any High Elves I ran up against.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Milney
Beastmaster

Post by Milney »

Pendant High Sorceresses are great!

People who can't see the uses are doing a massive disservice to themselves.

Not only does it offer equal-to-or-better protection against all the miscasts you can protects against that a 5+ ward would, but against mage hunters it gives a far better use.

Then you have the surprise factor. In the GT I had a HE Dragonlord threatening my Cold One Knights. By simply moving my Supreme Sorceress (with Pendant) into the Cold One Knights and accepting a challenge from the Lord with her, I turned what would have been a massive defeat for my COKs (they were also hit by a Tiranoc Chariot) into a crushing defeat for the Druchii as the Lord's 4 Str 6 attacks and the Star Dragon's 6 Str 7 attacks did no wounds to the Sorceress because of the 2+ Ward.

Whilst any character wearing the Pendant could have pulled that off, the Supreme Sorceress can often fool people into accepting challenges they would otherwise avoid.
"Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!"

W : D : L (7th Edition)
6 : 1 : 4
Camaris
Black Guard

Post by Camaris »

In my opinion it's a must-have for a dragon mage, since you will eventually want to get into combat.

In other situations, it can be extremely useful but it isn't necessarry.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Yep, it mainly depends on your character setup... it's pretty much always better suited for a Dreadlord/Master than it is for a Sorceress.

Bye
Thanee
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Milney wrote:Pendant High Sorceresses are great!

People who can't see the uses are doing a massive disservice to themselves.

I'm not saying at all that the combo is useless. What I am saying is that it is not clearly better than other options, such as giving the Pendant to a combat character or using the 100 point magic item allowance for other things.
Truly These are the End Times ...