Dark Elf Shields

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Is it just me or does the shield with the wings on it look like a sperm cell but with... well, wings on it?

Oh and I like the Kraken shield better than the Iron Talon.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Nick7356
Warrior

Post by Nick7356 »

Duffman327 wrote:not only will they be expensive an extra $20 or whatever on top of the price of a warrior box (or 2 if wanting x20), but wont easily attach to the model like the plastic shields would. they will be a heavy part of the model which means if you have to handle the minis a lot you have more chance of breakage. and bugger pinning them it would take ages. i would personally buy 1 set of each and mould and make just the symbols out of plaster and throw them onto plastic shields. yes they look cool but at $1 each (more for some other countries like us in OZ) no way!!! not practical enough for me

I agree a $1 for one isn't worth it.
----------W/L/D
Dwarfs 72/24/29
Skaven(OLD) 19/7/4
Skaven(NEW) 3/0/3
Dark Elves 24/4/4
Lizardmen 3/0/0
Silashand
Warrior
Location: Somewhere between confused and clueless (Colorado, USA)

Post by Silashand »

Given that I've spent more on certain bitz for conversions before, I will probably pick up two batches of the kraken ones for a single unit of 20 speareleves. $20 isn't too bad I guess, though they are *way* overpriced for what you're getting. They should be no more than $.25 - $.50 each IMO. Oh well.

Cheers, Gary
Endra divini
Shade

Post by Endra divini »

I wish they were plastic for not only would they be cheaper, they wouldn't add that annoying extra weight to the front of the model.

It won't make a difference to me though for I usually paint my own designs on my shields.

cheers
Endra the corrupted

WS 6
S 3
T 3
D 4
I 4

Image: Tall and Lean.
His black armour leaks with a searing dark due.
And over his back is a cloak of which speaks to him of his past for he himself had long since forgotten it.
Silashand
Warrior
Location: Somewhere between confused and clueless (Colorado, USA)

Post by Silashand »

I doubt they'd do something as blase as shields in plastic unless they were to accompany a new warrior box set. Too expensive for just a few bitz that most folks probably won't even see.

Cheers, Gary
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

Nick7356 wrote:
Duffman327 wrote:not only will they be expensive an extra $20 or whatever on top of the price of a warrior box (or 2 if wanting x20), but wont easily attach to the model like the plastic shields would. they will be a heavy part of the model which means if you have to handle the minis a lot you have more chance of breakage. and bugger pinning them it would take ages. i would personally buy 1 set of each and mould and make just the symbols out of plaster and throw them onto plastic shields. yes they look cool but at $1 each (more for some other countries like us in OZ) no way!!! not practical enough for me

I agree a $1 for one isn't worth it.

Nice looking designs but I agree.
To strive, to persevere, to conquer.
Kheel
Noble

Post by Kheel »

Overpriced indeed, but if you're going for a corsair theme and want warriors, the squid shields might not be a bad idea.

I didnt like these ones more than the plastic any way, but more to choose from is always a good thing.

But I can't help to agree with other posters that we sure would have had more use of other sculpts than new set of metal shields, oh lets say plastic harpies, dark riders or a new malekith!
//Kheel

Nobody really cares if you’re miserable, so you might as well be happy.
Lonely shade
Beastmaster

Post by Lonely shade »

IMHO: impractical (metal means unbalancing the plastic models you put them on) and overpriced. Period.

- Loney
"You boys look pretty clean cut, but then again you could have murdered your grandmother with a hammer..."
Voodoochild1985
Warrior

Post by Voodoochild1985 »

Kheel wrote:Overpriced indeed, but if you're going for a corsair theme and want warriors, the squid shields might not be a bad idea.

Haha you want to hear overpriced? In the Australian online store after being released a couple of weeks ago the Dark Elf 'Wings of Darkness' shields are STILL listed as being $9999.00 AUD. Have to search for them though.
Malevion
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Malevion »

I would dearly love some plastic chariots with the new coldones, a cauldron of blood or even a new dragon rider model. but instead we get shields..... we already have shields gah. Surely it would be better to make things we dont currently have models for.
He is a pimp and pimps don't commit suicide.

Dead men don't strike first