Tactics against Kholek Suneater (Chaos)?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Grizzlybaer
Slave on the Altar

Tactics against Kholek Suneater (Chaos)?

Post by Grizzlybaer »

Hi,

the next time i´ll play against chaos my friend will use Kholek Suneater. Do anyone of you know what is a good tactic against him?

I thought Malekith is not a bad option, but we only play 2250 points ..

The other option i am thinking about is to play very defensiv.

4 Bolt Throwers, Black Guards, Crossbowmen, Warriors. Combinated with good magic. 2-3 Sorceress and a High Sorceress (maybe Morathi).

I´m not sure about the chaos army, my freind said the lightning bolt of kholek has no range increment, so that he can fire it from everywhere on the table in sight to my units. At the internet i only found informations that this attack only has 12 inches range, do someone know about this?

I know my english isn´t the best, so i´m sorry and hope you although can help me.

Greets Simon
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

I have two suggestions against Kolek. One is to have a Dreadlord with Pendant of Khaeleth, Armour of Eternal Servitude and a item like Crimson Death or Soulrender or maybe even Whip of Agony. Kolek will have a VERY hard time of trying to kill this Dreadlord and the Dl will strike back hard enough to do a few wounds, although if you're incredibly unlucky Kolek will munch him down.

The second option which IMO is a bit more attractive option is to have a DL in a unit of Black Guard with the Standard of Hag Graef and equipped with the Executioner's Axe and Blood Armour and Kolek should die the moment he gets in contact with this Lord as he is S10, does D3 wounds and ASF against him and if he is somehow left with 2 or so wounds the BG might be able to finish him off.

Hope this helps.
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6
Ant
Lord of the Venom Sword

Post by Ant »

And of course there is also pit of shades. Kholek only has I1 IIRC...
Ash010110 wrote: I completely agree with Ant (Reynolds, I presume?).

(Please note, I am NOT Anthony Reynolds)
Grizzlybaer
Slave on the Altar

Post by Grizzlybaer »

@Aspring Executioner:

Thanks for your answer. Imo i also like option 2. Normally i play the BG with one Cauldron of Blood in the back. I think the +1A are nice as well. Thanks for your idea.

@Ant:

Thank you, i am a new DE Player (that game will be my third) and i don´t know much about other army´s (its hard to find informations about the armys on the internet). So thanks for the information that he has I1. Maybe Poisend Attacks are nice aswell so that i can play a Assasin with Strenght-Potion (S7) in the Black Guard too.

But what do you mean with IIRC?

Do anybody other knew something about the Lightning Attack an its range?

Thanks for your answers
Nathan mcduck
Warrior

Post by Nathan mcduck »

play a Assasin with Strenght-Potion

Assassins may only take items from the Gifts of Khaine list, so no Potion of Strength

btw (by the way): IIRC means: If I Recall Correctly
:-)
Grizzlybaer
Slave on the Altar

Post by Grizzlybaer »

Ah, okay thanks! ;)

I thought assasins could use a Strengh Potion because Shadowblade got one, but its a special for him.

So i could use Shadowblade, or an assasin with bloodfire so he get S6 against W5. I think the normal assasin is better because i can play 2 bann carries instead of 1.

Thanks and Greets

Simon
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

I'm not sure how that would play out having the Executioners Axe in a unit with the Banner of Hag Graef. They have opposite rules so I presume they would A) cancel each other and the Axe would strike in normal initiative order (or last if it is a great weapon) or B) roll a dice to see which item over-rides the other. Any one have other thoughts??
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Executioner's Axe has Strikes Last rule just like Great Weapon

ASF overrides strikes last rules, charging, or initiative order.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16