Cold One Chariot - Is there one avaliable soon?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Tony 92
Trainee Warrior

Cold One Chariot - Is there one avaliable soon?

Post by Tony 92 »

I want to put a COC in one of my 1000pts lists.
However they don't seem to make them any more. Are there any plans to make one soon or do I need to customise one?
If so, what kit do you suggest I use as my base?

Thanks!
Calith
Trainee Warrior

Post by Calith »

I've heard nothing of a new box set being released anytime soon, what I did was to use a high elf chariot as a base, and use bits from the cold one knight set and the corsair set to build it up. Others have properly done other things, you could try and get an old dark elf chariot of ebay and convert it.

Good Luck
Tony 92
Trainee Warrior

Post by Tony 92 »

Thanks for that. I'll look on ebay.
If not then i'll try the high elf chariot and cold one knights.
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

As this has no army list, I am putting this in the druchii discussion forum.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
Tony 92
Trainee Warrior

Post by Tony 92 »

Ok. Sorry. Wasn't sure where to put it!
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Perhaps the COC will be reissued in the upcoming '2nd wave' seeing as so far it consists of 4 character models and nothing else that's new.

It wouldn't take much just swapping of the CO models and slight adjustments and we can but hope eh?

Zardock.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Uman
Cold One Knight

Post by Uman »

GameZone also have the equivalent of Cold One chariots. I have 2 but haven't painted them yet... the GZ Cold One has a fair bit more of a booty than the current GW one.... you could probably swap them out if they don't take your fancy...

U
22over7
Dark Rider

Post by 22over7 »

GW staff have suggested to me using the Tomb Kings Chariot with bits from the Battalion box, but I don't see it personally.
When a young Malekith failed to complete his maths homework, Morathi was overheard saying to his friends "He's not the future Pheonix King, he's a very naughty boy".

DE 7ed W6/D3/L6
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

Its easy enough to trim the saddles off the new CO so they can be used with chariots, its just a mtter of finding the appropriate chariot models to use and crew.
"Luck is the residue of design"
22over7
Dark Rider

Post by 22over7 »

Fluff wise do you think that Corsairs (with handbows as xbows and weapons modified to spears) would work. I quite like the dynamic poses of the models which would appear to work well with the High Elf Chariot.
Endra divini
Shade

Post by Endra divini »

I heard on warseer that there will be a 2nd wave (don't know when) and that the COC will be redone in plastic. I think its quite plausible since the current one wasn't pictured in the new book and that they will probably want to update the cold ones to match the new ones.

Heres hoping.
Endra the corrupted

WS 6
S 3
T 3
D 4
I 4

Image: Tall and Lean.
His black armour leaks with a searing dark due.
And over his back is a cloak of which speaks to him of his past for he himself had long since forgotten it.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

I heard on warseer that there will be a 2nd wave (don't know when) and that the COC will be redone in plastic. I think its quite plausible since the current one wasn't pictured in the new book and that they will probably want to update the cold ones to match the new ones.

Unfortunately the 2nd wave consists of 4 character models. However I to heard on Warseer that there will be a plastic COC being released mid/late 09 perhaps for the summer campaign along side the fabelled new malekith model in the mystical '3rd' wave of druchii miniatures....

Yes I'm hoping that this day will come soon, cool looking chariot Cold Ones and a 'Floating' Malekith on foot model just because that would look oh so badass IMHO.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Farodin
Assassin

Post by Farodin »

A third wave of miniatures? Nice!!. Well, the most proper idea's for converting a COC had already been said, so I'm not going to repeat them. But to be honest, I didn't noticed that the COC's were gone :o , are you sure you also can't order them anymore? And if you can't get any way I might have a site for where you can still get them (cheaper as well ;) ).

@Zardock: why do you say IMHO, A floating Malekith IS cool :P .
We are Druchii, the cold-hearted blades of destiny.
We shall cut through the world and bring forth Khaine's Kingdom...
...and all shall know their masters
No one
Noble

Post by No one »

I tried and I can't order any more chariots, neither can I order a Manticore (dammit!) but the manti is pictured in the book so I won't expect a new one (I just want my ****manti!). however, for the chariot, I have a good feeling.
'with hatred all things are possible' -Malus of Hag Greaf-

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"
Kangavallo
Corsair

Post by Kangavallo »

The reall question is how much can GW screw us by deliberately not making models for our armies. Conversions should be fun and somethinga bit different. not the expected norm to actually play the army.
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

kangavallo wrote:The reall question is how much can GW screw us by deliberately not making models for our armies. Conversions should be fun and somethinga bit different. not the expected norm to actually play the army.

I don't think we need more "GW-is-deliberately-screwing-our-favorite-army" talk, to be quite honest. I am sure that there is a good reason why GW has taken chariots off the shelves, and that reason is not "let's just piss the dark elf players off". If you need chariots, try ebay or independent retailers, I'm sure you will find something. And GW wants to sell things to us, and taking something off the shelves is sure as hell not going to increase their sales, so please don't start yet another one of these arguments.

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

kangavallo wrote:The reall question is how much can GW screw us by deliberately not making models for our armies. Conversions should be fun and somethinga bit different. not the expected norm to actually play the army.

I think chariots have been phased out of the army. The rules ar there for people who have them, but with the new BG, shade and CoK rules, chariots have much less of a place than they did previously.
"Luck is the residue of design"
Silashand
Warrior
Location: Somewhere between confused and clueless (Colorado, USA)

Post by Silashand »

I hope not. They are IMO one of the best models in the range. It would be a shame if they disappeared.

Cheers, Gary