Mengil Manhides Manflayers: some questions

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Nachtraaf
Warrior

Mengil Manhides Manflayers: some questions

Post by Nachtraaf »

hey guys,

i was going through some old armylist's when i came across the rules for Mengil Manhide and has party. (this was aditional information like the different kinds of warhydra breeds and the cult of slaanesh) I was wondering if they can still be used with our new armybook, because they were a bit expensive but also very distructive :twisted:

i found the rules back:

Points: Mengil and five Manflayers (including a Standard Bearer and a Musician) cost a total of 287 points. The size of the unit can be increased by adding additional Manflayers at +19 pts per model, to a maximum of nine additional Manflayers.

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Mengil Manhide 5 6 6 4 3 2 7 3 9
Manflayers 5 4 5 3 3 1 5 1 8
Weapons: Hand weapons, repeater crossbows and great weapons. Mengil himself carries a repeater crossbow-pistol instead of a repeater crossbow. All weapons (including their repeater crossbows and the repeater crossbow-pistol) carried by Mengil and his Manflayers are coated in Dark Venom Armour: Heavy armour

SPECIAL RULES
Hate High Elves, Skirmishers, Flayers, Repeater Crossbow, Banner of Kalad.

IF it is possible to use them, how do you guys think they will do in batlle?

i would apreciate some opinions on the matter
"Death is but an escape chosen by those who dare not live"
Nathan mcduck
Warrior

Post by Nathan mcduck »

Well, you'll probably need your opponents agreement to field them.

My friends and I have agreed to continue using them. We changed 3 things:
- Instead of "Hate HE" we gave them "Eternal Hatred". They are DE after all.
- We changed Dark Venom to poisoned attacks. When the Mengil rules where written Dark Venom meant exactly that and the new Dark Venom rules make no sense on normal units.
- We agreed on using the new "standard" rules for RHBs for Mengil, because we see no reason why his RHB should work different from standard issue ones.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Technically the answer is no, Dogs Of War is no longer supported by GW and it would be illegal to use them in a standard game.

That said, Nathan is right, your opponents could agree for you to field them or you could create a houserule allowing Dogs of War to be used.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Right hand of khaine
Shade

Post by Right hand of khaine »

Dogs of War are, at the moment, not viable for use in games....however, there has been word that they might get a new release in the future, so keep your eyes open....

If nothing else, Mengil's Manflayers make for some rather cool looking shades....

Right Hand of Khaine
Slortor
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Slortor »

The thing is shades are more or less as good now as the manflayers - so i personally just use mine as shades...
Name: Khalia D'Vaarko (meaning: Khalia, property of Vaarko)
Height/Weight: 5'6", 8 stone
Other: no distinguishing features, barring the brand of a great house left wrist.
Class: Mage
Equipment: Robes, Dagger, Staff
Skills: Power of Ulgu, Power of Chamon
Stats: Ws3, S3, T3, D4, I5

lrnec wrote: Reality and truth is more brutal than almost any fantasy game
Vesidel
Dark Rider

Post by Vesidel »

I'd have no problem if someone wanted to run the PDF DoW list since it's still fairly compatible with the current system.