thank gav for the Cauldron of blood!

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Zenith
Noble

thank gav for the Cauldron of blood!

Post by Zenith »

Well ladies and gents. Mostly gents ofcourse ;)

Today i had a battle against HE. Its quite a long time while i played WH. But i certainly enjoyed it. Mostly out of the fact that i mostly look critisized against the COB.

its a 200 point investment, But everytime i take it. I works good.

Today i managed to get my supreme sorceress and her 25 sacrefical men to get charged by a high elf lord on star dragon. I forsaw it just a little bit ahead of time, so i casted bloodshield of khaine on the unit. And miracalously my sorceress stayed alive and well, long enough for the hydra to resque her and her retinue.

Also my black guard, finished some dragon princes on their own without the cauldron blessing. But also i was harshly reminded of the fact that dragon princes and any hero or lord are immume to the most spells of the metal lore!!! argghh..

Also executioners dont, and i mean DONT do well against HE.

Just wanted to say, The cauldron rocks, for anyone not wanting to take it. Just take it for once. and become impressed of its awesome prowess
Fleshcollector
Noble

Post by Fleshcollector »

I agree, the Cauldron is spectacular and my favorite element in our list.

Because of its range, you can apply the force multiplier to where it is needed most and suddenly the combat your opponent was sure to win swings back to your favor. For this reason it can sow a lot of doubt and hesitation in your opponents battle plans creating mistakes a canny general can capitalize on.
Excuse me. I've come to harvest your flesh.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Also executioners dont, and i mean DONT do well against HE.

Correct, all units that rely on ACR do badly against HEs, unless they ASF (assassins and BG or CoKs with the Standard of HG (has to be them, as they have I6...) have high armour saves (although even that suffers against swordsmasters, white lions, heavy cavalry etc). Warriors with their capacity for high SCR and two ranks can be much better :)
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Vesidel
Dark Rider

Post by Vesidel »

I may have to try one in my list. I'm not overly impressed with the model though.
Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

Vesidel wrote:I may have to try one in my list. I'm not overly impressed with the model though.

All you have to do is convert the model, I have made a nice convert that I really like. I have finished it but I only have pics of it when it was unfinished, I'll do some pictures tonight and post them here.

I just love the Cauldron, so many option you can do with it that can change the game in your favor based on the way you use it.
And the server wrote:Internal Server Error
Arhain cynath
Shade

Post by Arhain cynath »

Crawd wrote:
Vesidel wrote:I may have to try one in my list. I'm not overly impressed with the model though.

All you have to do is convert the model, I have made a nice convert that I really like. I have finished it but I only have pics of it when it was unfinished, I'll do some pictures tonight and post them here.

The same, one pleasure is to make your own Cauldron. I am painting mine too, the photos will be online son :)

From a rule point of view: the adaptability of the CoB is too interesting to put it aside
My body is dedicated to our King, but my weapon and hatred are dedicated to Khaine!!
- Arhain Cynath, the Red Dragon of Har Ganeth
Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

As I said, here's the link to my Cauldron.

PS: Don't mind the quality of the picture.
And the server wrote:Internal Server Error
Zenith
Noble

Post by Zenith »

Yes the model is not very attractive.
I painted mine over and over again. Using thinner to remove the paint though.

I tried a marmer painting scheme
I tried a golden statue
I tried a red isch looking statue.

All 3 where ugly.

Now i finnally have a statue where im happy with. I used a slaanesh looking theme. Using purple and warplock purple with highlights of white to make it
Vesidel
Dark Rider

Post by Vesidel »

I've seen a couple of interesting conversions in the DRAICH COB thread. I'm looking forward to seeing the ones from posters in this thread.
Dagger of assassination
Corsair

Post by Dagger of assassination »

Cauldron of blood is always good investment. And I am almost always using at least one Cob in 2k Games. (Sometimes two in2250.p :roll: )
Through Hatred All Things Are Possible!
kynthuithalkein!
3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Cauldron is only a good investment when you have combat units for it to bless ;)

If you go with magic/avoidance list, Cauldron will see little use.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16