New Black Dragon model.

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Leonates80
Trainee Warrior

Post by Leonates80 »

is it me or GW made their NDA more restrict beacause for like 2 yeas we don`t even get slightest snippet apart from actual realese
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

So buy a set of old dragon wings off GW bits and greenstuff some legs... viola! 2 dragons...
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vulcan »

It sounds like I'm in the minority here, but I like the High Elf dragon in part because of the base. I can just imagine the thought process of the Dreadlord: "I just broke this obelisk, now I'm coming for YOU!" :D

And I've scattered the bits for the riders all throughout my army, the banner makes for a great mounted BSB, for example. ;)

But I have to say, if I didn't already have the HE dragon, I'd be seriously tempeted by either the Nazgul or the LOTR dragon.

Caiaphus: I suppose you could use a Nazgul as a manticore, it's not that much further off the classical manticore image than the current model.

The manticore was a beast with bat wings, a lion's body, either a scorpion tail or a tail that could shoot spikes... and the head of a man. :shock: The current model is just a winged lion. :roll:
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Vulcan wrote:The manticore was a beast with bat wings, a lion's body, either a scorpion tail or a tail that could shoot spikes... and the head of a man. :shock: The current model is just a winged lion. :roll:

Because head of a man would look more funny than scary or intimidating <.<
And current manticore does have a spike at the end of its tail, definitely used for stabbing like a scorpion's tail (minus the poison)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16