what changes in 8th edition for the dark elves?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Leonates80
Trainee Warrior

what changes in 8th edition for the dark elves?

Post by Leonates80 »

Well - it seems that sooner than later we will get brand new edition with some major tweaks for the game - Army construction is moving back to percentages. (you may have 25% for instance ) if anybody with experience form 5th is here - it`s runoured to be the same (just you get core, rare, special instead of regiements, warmachines and allies)

Different magic - possibly they are going to keep dice system in but with major changes...
The return of "lapping-around" in combat.

it seems like moving from 3rd to 4th edition in 40 k - a major change...
Melinia
Executioner

Post by Melinia »

My biggest item of concern at the moment is in regards to the magic changes. We only have rumors to work with at the moment, but one of the army bonuses for Dark Elves is supposed to be the extra power dice that they get to use (we swapped it for our old +1 to the casting roll rule). One of the easiest ways to fix some of the big problems with magic at the moment would be to cut down on the number of power dice in play, but at the same time anything that does that threatens to directly impact one of the things that are supposed to make the Dark Elves unique.

Keep your fingers crossed that we come out of this okay...
Blaznak
Beastmaster

Post by Blaznak »

I am also afraid I will dislike this "Fight until the melee is done" sort of rule. I like melees that get units "stuck in" and have new units come into play.
Melinia
Executioner

Post by Melinia »

Blaznak wrote:I am also afraid I will dislike this "Fight until the melee is done" sort of rule. I like melees that get units "stuck in" and have new units come into play.

Someone over at Warseer who tends to be right - I think it was Harry, though I don't recall off-hand - strongly implied that this particular rumor was way off base.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Hey guys, why do you start a new thread when there is a pretty recent one on the same topic?

hyperlink:
8th Edition.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Iyagd
Master Of Mirrors

Post by Iyagd »

Right. Locked.
Druchii Discussion moderator.