Civil War? (God I love Slaanesh)

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Andreussan
Slave on the Altar

Civil War? (God I love Slaanesh)

Post by Andreussan »

As a guy who has returned to (1) the world of Warhammer and (2) the glory of Darkelves, after a number of years out (I think the computer game had something to do with my return) I’m pleased to see that a number of the brethren have returned to the worship of the God of Slaanesh. Why? I hear you say, because it’s pretty boring painting your whole army in black, I love a bit of colour. Now with your girl Morathi leading the way I can now paint a dark elf army in the bright and erratic colours of Slaanesh and engage in civil war, is anyone joining me in the love for Slaanesh? And the love for painting of witch elves in the new bright colours of the Sisters of Pleasure colour scheme? :D
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

The Cult of Slaanesh is long dead. There are a few people who paint their armies up with that theme but by and large, Slaanesh is just out-dated 6th edition fluff =(
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Welcome back to Naggaroth, AndreusSan.
Welcome in D.net, too.
You must have been on a long journey, indeed, having sailed before D.net was created! :shock:
A corsair, maybe? :D

@ phierlihy: Slaanesh cult not dead. 8) See sticky in the Druchii Discussion forum.
The Cult of Khaine has more success with present edition. :twisted: But nothing predominant either.
Hekarti, although not often openly worshipped, has possibly more adepts (p.59). I sure am one of them.
Many generals just pay a tribute to Ellinil (p.49) or Anath Raema (p.58 ), but there seems not to be any cult. Nethu (p.52) has less appeal.
High politics create not much interest either, but sometimes you could see Malekith, Morathi or Hellebron parties going at war.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tethlis »

There are a set of trial rules created using the current ruleset, although they're not official. However, it's very easy to create a Cult-oriented list with the right conversions, army choices and paint scheme. My entire force is Cult-themed, featuring a heavy mixture of Druchii, Chaos Mortal and Daemon themed units. You have to use a bit more imagination compared to the days of Storm of Chaos, but the Cult's very much alive as an underground movement :D.
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.

Doriili bariiliia
Raiding Baron

Post by Doriili bariiliia »

Tethlis wrote:There are a set of trial rules created using the current ruleset, although they're not official. However, it's very easy to create a Cult-oriented list with the right conversions, army choices and paint scheme. My entire force is Cult-themed, featuring a heavy mixture of Druchii, Chaos Mortal and Daemon themed units. You have to use a bit more imagination compared to the days of Storm of Chaos, but the Cult's very much alive as an underground movement :D.

There is a Certien amount of pleasent Ironic content to that idea.
"Khaine is pleased with my service brother, I care little for your opinion. The Old world is my playground. Our family lands in Naggaroth are yours."
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

The Cult of Slaanesh was defeated and driven underground in the Civil War.
I know, it was by my hand that they were defeated and driven back

:P
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.