COB death hag's - what do you give them?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Rebmonk
Shade

COB death hag's - what do you give them?

Post by Rebmonk »

Do you run death hags naked (no pun intended) or upgrade them a little bit?

I was thinking just witchbrew, though +d3 attacks and reroll 1's might be nice.

Cauldron of blood coming in thursday, can't wait to try it out.
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: COB death hag's - what do you give them?

Post by Rabidnid »

rebmonk wrote:Do you run death hags naked (no pun intended) or upgrade them a little bit?

I was thinking just witchbrew, though +d3 attacks and reroll 1's might be nice.

Cauldron of blood coming in thursday, can't wait to try it out.

RoK and MB for me.
"Luck is the residue of design"
Babnik
Black Guard

Post by Babnik »

I'm used to play COB with agressive way. To protect flank or rear of main unit against cavalry or light units. Very effective thanks to the hags able to challenge opponent's champ. I managed to wipe out 15 daemonets and zombies easily.
Concerning the gifts, I go for rune of khaine or manbane. Rending stars can be interesting too as the death hag can shoot 360.
Kopykatkakashi
Trainee Warrior

Post by Kopykatkakashi »

Rending Star is assassins only mate.
I give my Death hag some upgrades if she isn't with the CoB.
- if she's with the CoB she'll probably don't see any combat
&
- If she's in a unit then she is my BSB and then she has some nice upgrades from the temple :)
VS Beastmen: 2masacres, 1minor lose
VS Skaven: 1minor Victory
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

I run mine naked: if they've been charged by something nasty (e.g. heavy cavalry or uber character on a flying mount) then they're probably dead before they can strike back anyway. Better to invest the energy in keeping them hidden than hoping that I'll get to strike back.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Dread_knight666
Noble

Post by Dread_knight666 »

I used to run mine as a BSB with ASF banner witch is really good if you get charged, the key word being "if". I gave up on giving her anything because they are easily capable of fending off fast cav and other light threats and your opponent probably won't commit anything tougher. The other problem with spending points on gifts, is it's inability to actually charge and the fact it can't march. Meaning even if you want it to get into combat(would be nice) there is a strong chance it won't happen, meaning you probably just wasted points better spent elsewhere.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

No upgrade. Sturdy enough naked.
Usually, if charged, the attendants are quickly killed on the charge, but the DH challenges and survives serveal turns, and stubbornly resists, to the great frustration of my opponent.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Skilgannon
Cold One Knight

Post by Skilgannon »

Naked no need to spend extra points on something that can't charge. People rarely charge a Cauldron twice. Recently mine has beaten a plague furnace for two turns running on it's own and killed 10 night runners in one round of combat.
Minsc
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Minsc »

I usually run them naked.
If I don't have a BSB in the army (i.e I have 2 lvl 2's), the CoBHag usually becomes my BSB as well.
If I got the points for it (but that rarely happens), I give her HoK to survive longer.
Los manticores
Warrior

Post by Los manticores »

My CoB Hag likes a change of Bikini's from time to time, but thats all they get. I thought of running a Naggaroth Banner on one just tosee how well it supports my troops. CoB is the best Lvl 1 mage in the game. Why add more to perfection.
Cheers,
Mike C
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

True her spells always go off, but she hardly ever dispels anything and doesn't draw out dice.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

CoB is the best Lvl 1 mage in the game.

Without meaning to sound pedantic, they are religious figures not mages. Its quite important because it represents a very important and well achieved choice by GW to represent priest classes as well as mage classes within its game, which I think is truly excellent :)

That, by the way, is why they use their blessings in the start of turn phase, rather than the magic phase, can't access arcane gifts and don't add dispel dice or have any other influence on the magic phase (aside from having MR1, which is a non-arcane ability).
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Warpaintoz
Trainee Warrior

Post by Warpaintoz »

I ran mine as the BSB with the Banner of Hag Graef, Rune of Khaine and Manbane. It mean tthat basically no one would dare go near her and she's survived everygame in that configuration thus far.
Xzazzarai
Corsair

Post by Xzazzarai »

Just make her a BSB and be happy. In most games she won't see combat anyway...
ETC Team Sweden
2011 - Dark Elves
2012 - Undecided
Auere
Noble

Post by Auere »

I have considered BSB BoHG RoK Manbane solution, but its 310 points!

I just run her as bsb with no other upgrades. 2/3 games she wont see combat, so further upgrades are points better spent elsewhere.
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

warpaintoz wrote:I ran mine as the BSB with the Banner of Hag Graef, Rune of Khaine and Manbane. It mean tthat basically no one would dare go near her and she's survived everygame in that configuration thus far.

I've used it too, Just put her somewhere really inconvenient and you can force people into contact with it in most games. Mine is usually the general though so she only get the RoK and MB. They have a very narrow frontage of 3 models so don't often have to deal with too many attacks , and just having a hag challenge can deal with the first turn versus a combat character most times.
"Luck is the residue of design"
Dread_knight666
Noble

Post by Dread_knight666 »

Just put her somewhere really inconvenient and you can force people into contact with it in most games.

That is a great idea and as simple as it sounds, I never even considered it. Next game I play, I am going to use my COB to choke up narrow terrain features.

I remember in 5th ed when the cauldron could be placed in a unit of witch elves, I sure miss those days. I always have struggled with the new rules on how to get it into CC more, I believe it's capable in CC, but getting it there can be difficult.

I was really pissed when the chaos book came out with the war shrine. I just couldn't understand why a war shrine costing roughly half the price of a COB although very similar, was given the "great" ability to march and charge, WTF!?! :?

I wonder what other ways you could force the enemy into combat with the COB?
Tzelok
Beastmaster

Post by Tzelok »

I wonder what other ways you could force the enemy into combat with the COB?

You can always leave it behind a unit like RXB. If your opponent decides to charge, you just flee through the frenzied cauldron and voila, one bloody melee coming right up.
Army Plog Below:
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=63015

Scratch Built Druchii Tower:
http://druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=67976&highlight=

The League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman