Chariots.

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Geist
Noble

Chariots.

Post by Geist »

Alright so a lil while back I found that cold one chariots are pretty damn good. But here is what I ask, are characters on chariots worth while? When one first looks at the information it seems like a very good idea and that it could do amazing things. ...But then you see some lil facts that are very much a pain. A chariots still randomize hits ARGH!!!!!!
B cannon ball hits both double ARGH!!!!
C chariot is no safety from KB. Not so much argh but damn yet another problem.

So are chariots for characters worth it, but is air cav still better?
Flyers for the win in 8th.

DEATH FROM ABOVE DRUCIH AIR CAV!!!!

The Machine will grind you down.

The League of Extraordinary Druchii
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

I don't like characters on chariots precisely because of how cannons interact with them. At least on a manticore or dragon, you are fast enough to get behind a fence or building.
Eglard
Corsair

Post by Eglard »

I think a master with black dragon egg can be quite effective and worth his points. Cannons are a problem, but only two armies bring those. Stone throwers and such have a lot smaller chance to hit the chariot.

It also depends what you want the chariot to accomplish. They are not very fast since they can't march, so if you want a fast annoying unit who can take fast cav and skirmisher down, a dark pegasus is much better.

If you want hitting power a character in a chariot is much better. Add the black dragon egg and you have something that can kill as much as a dragon! (thinking about modelling a wyrm that has no wings Tolkien style...)
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Taking a Master on the chariot became a worse option than it was in the 7th edition.
You already named the cannon double hit and the randomizing, compared to the better survivablility of other options. Stepping up, shooting from 2 ranks and not denying rank bonus in the flank is not helping at all.

BUT

The chariot master is the cool guy. He has a car!

Said so, I would only advise not to take him in a competitive gaming environment. However, I'll use a chariot Master/Highborn as general - the Overlord of my troops.
Because In 8th ed. Character mounts don't do too much difference.
Because he's the guy who beats the foes and takes the chicks.
Because I can.

CATR

8)
../¨¨¨|
.|ô/ô 9..Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.
.~~ /|...Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.
.|__/\...Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.
.[>o<]...Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
Svarthofthi
Executioner
Location: Within the nightmare twists and turns of Hag Graef.

Post by Svarthofthi »

Cat-the-Odd wrote:The chariot master is the cool guy. He has a car!

Said so, I would only advise not to take him in a competitive gaming environment. However, I'll use a chariot Master/Highborn as general - the Overlord of my troops.
Because In 8th ed. Character mounts don't do too much difference.
Because he's the guy who beats the foes and takes the chicks.
Because I can.

Got my vote!
"I have heard the call to power! Who of you can say you'd dare tread the same path as I?"